Morning

Connections

 

Thank you all for being patient~~

And happy birthday to our lovely leader Doojoon!!! ♥

----

Haneul took a deep breath to calm herself down. Did that just happen? She lifted up a finger to where he had kissed her. It was tingling, and the feeling of his lips on her forehead was still so real. Blushing, she pushed her thoughts aside and got down from the upper bunk. She had to change out of her pyjamas and brush her teeth. Carefully picking out a change of clothes, she headed out of the bedroom, towards the bathroom.

“Ah, Haneul! Good morning~” Kikwang greeted her cheerfully once she had stepped out of the room.

“Good morning Kikwang oppa,” she answered with a smile.

“Haneul! Good morning,” Dongwoon walked up to her and ruffled her hair. “Hurry up and change so that you can have breakfast.” She nodded obediently and quickly headed to the bathroom to change.

It was a painful thing, for her to change; painful enough for Haneul to decide that she would just stay in her pyjamas the next time. After brushing her teeth, she got out of the bathroom and dumped her clothes into the laundry basket.

“Haneul’s out! Haneul, come and eat!” Hyunseung called from the dining table, waving at her and motioning to the chair next to him. She sat next to him noiselessly, her eyes lighting up at the sight of food laid out on the table.

“What are you waiting for?” Kikwang asked as he sat down and shoved a spoonful into his mouth. Haneul stopped staring at the food and did the same.

***

After they finished breakfast, Haneul helped Doojoon wash the dishes.

“Haneul-ah,” he said suddenly, and she looked up at him with a questioning look.

“I have to send you to a new school, okay?”

He saw her expression change to one of uncertainty. He expected her to protest, but he was doing what was best for her, so this time he wouldn’t budge no matter how much she pleaded.

 However, she simply asked, “Where is it?” in a small voice.

His heart leapt for joy, but he kept himself calm. It was a serious matter.

“Is Seoul High okay with you?”

“Is that Soohyun-sshi’s school?”

“How did you know?”

“You’ve told me about him before.”

“I have?”

She nodded.

Shrugging, he placed a dried plate back into the drawer. “Well, as your guardian, I have to register you first, and then perhaps you could start when you get better. Seoul High is pretty popular, so I’ll call them up to save a place for you. Is 2 more weeks enough for you? We also have to buy your school books, your uniform…”

“Yes oppa, it’s fine,” she said, placing a cup back onto the shelf. “Thank you,” she added, giving him a hug. He hugged her back gently with a pang in his heart. His baby sister, so young and fragile, had to go through so much pain. Perhaps even more than he did. He felt his nose smart as he held back his tears. It’s all I can do for you, he thought. I’m sorry for having been so selfish.

Reluctantly, he let go, then went off to make the necessary arrangements. On the way out of the kitchenette, he met Junhyung. “Oh, Junhyung-ah, go play with Haneul okay?”

“Wha-?” He heard Junhyung asked, confused, but he didn’t bother to look back.