Laughter

Connections

Daehyun heard all about it from Jiae after school. A guy – kinda scary-looking – walked into the school, saw her beating up Haneul, and tried to stop them but they fled. He knelt down to help Haneul, seemed to recognise her, and took off to the hospital with her in his arms.

“Thanks for the tip, Daehyun,” Jiae said with a wink. “The girls kinda want their money back after what happened.”

“It’s nothing,” Daehyun said, waving her away. Money didn’t matter to him.

I would go see her at the hospital and act nice and all, but I’m pretty sure that Dongwoon guy will be there. And he doesn’t like me, not one bit.

He began wondering why Eunae didn’t just queue up at fanmeets like the rest of the fangirls.

***

Dongwoon was the first of the gang to enter the ward. Pushing Doojoon aside, he leaned over the bed so that he was right in front of Haneul’s face. “Did this have anything to do with that guy we met this morning?”

“D-Daehyun? No. Daehyun is very nice to me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

Dongwoon was going to ask more, but Doojoon pulled him back up by the ear. “And WHAT are you doing, dearest maknae?” He asked menacingly as Dongwoon’s mouth gaped and he silently screamed in pain. Haneul giggled. “Doojoon oppa, he was just making sure I was fine.”

Doojoon let go of the poor boy’s ear, which was burning crimson red.

Hyunseung, trying to lift the mood, said, “I’m not exaggerating, but when I called Doojoon, he put down the phone on me before I even finished my sentence.”

“Liar!” The boys all said in unison, before bursting out into laughter.

--

Was Hyunseung in character? OTL sorry