Bonding time

Connections

 

The boys sat on the living room floor, buzzing with ideas on what to do that day. They had agreed that they needed to bond, and thus needed an activity that would help them do so.

“Theme park?” Suggested Kikwang.

“Too crowded,” Hyunseung replied.

“Shopping?” Inquired Yoseob.

“We’d all get bored,” Doojoon sighed.

“What about going out for food?” Asked Dongwoon.

“Nah,” the rest said in unision.

“Why not we just play games right here?” Junhyung asked, frustrated. “Or we can ask her what she wants to do.”

The rest agreed to this idea.

“FINALLY,” Junhyung said, throwing up his hands and flopping backwards onto the floor in annoyance.

***

Haneul had just finished sorting out the things in her luggage. She decided not to use up any of the boys’ bedroom shelves for her things, but instead use her luggage like a wardrobe of her own. As she got up to leave the room, she took a good look around the room. It was messy, with the boys’ clothes kicked to one corner. Someone had obviously done a last minute clean-up. “I’ll clean up this mess one day,” she muttered, hands on her hips, unaware of the hidden cameras.

As she exited the room, she noticed that the boys were seated in a circle. What’s going on? She wondered, cocking her head in confusion. “Ah Haneul, come over, we’re going to play games!” Kikwang said excitedly as he waved at her to join them. Doojoon patted the empty spot next to him, and she timidly sat down between him and Junhyung.

***

She was nervous. Junhyung could tell. The poor girl tensed up so much that he felt bad. Flashing a smile at her, he patted her shoulder in a friendly manner to get her to relax a little. She smiled weakly in response, probably just to be polite. Doojoon eyed him carefully. He sighed. Why couldn’t Doojoon just trust him?

They spent the afternoon playing different games, and Junhyung saw Haneul enjoying herself. Her smile was bright and lit up the room more than Yoseob’s or Kikwang’s ever did. Doojoon also stopped watching him like a hawk, allowing him to feel less nervous. He had sat there on purpose to sit next to Haneul, and Doojoon knew it. She was less nervous than on the first night when they talked in her room. He liked seeing this side of her.