CH8

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
08 CHAPTER EIGHT  

Both of them just kept their mouth shut; Mino was concentrating on his driving while Irene on the other hand just threw her view towards the outside scenery, looking through the tinted glass car window. Only silence that filled inside the car, the sound of DJ in the radio chattering and making jokes were the only thing that made the situation livelier.

 

Looking at the only scenery in front of her, Irene could not believe herself that Mino could drive back to their living place and returned back to the beach resort just to get clean and dry clothes for her to wear. Thinking about it, she kind of felt impressed and not to mention, a bit thankful toward the man that was driving at the moment – although her ego was stopping her to Say those two words.

“Where are we going?” asked Irene all of sudden when she noticed that Mino was just passing by the exit that he should takes to go to their place.

Mino did not answer though, just continuing to drive until he passed by another two exits after the first one before taking the next exit; much to Irene big confusion.

“Where are you taking me? I want to go home.” Irene started to argue, feeling annoyed with Mino for ignoring her first question just now. Too late to regret for letting the younger man drove both of them home. Maybe that decision is not wise enough though.

“Don’t you have mouth to-”

“We’re going to your parent house. Your parent call last night when I was home, picking up your clothes and invited both of us to their house. They’re missing you in case if you forget that you still have two people that love you to death in this world, Joohyun.” Mino cut Irene’s words, his voice sounded firm and serious.

Irene was taken aback, startled for a moment.

She bit her lip, realizing that behind those words that Mino uttered just now was actually mocking her. Yes, she knows that she rarely visits her parent due to her busy life which is opposite with Mino though. Compared to him; who probably be busied than her with his practice session, training, games and competition and God knows other thing, Mino still being the obedient child towards his parent. Even though he was busying with all of his stuffs, he never miss to call his parent twice a week.

Mino’s parent lives at another district in this country which requires like 4-5 hours of journey in order to reach their living place. Irene’s parent lives quiet nearer to where Mino and Irene been living although it still takes like an hour and fifteen minutes approximately to reach at Irene’s parent house.

Well, aside from her busy and pack schedule, the other main reason why Irene did not feel like to go to her parent house is because she certainly knew the way her parent would treat Mino especially her mother, Mrs. Song who really adores Mino as her son-in-law and of course, much to Irene irritation.

Ever since she got married with Mino, her mother never once stop complimenting over Mino. Mino this, Mino that and further on. To be honest, it did made Irene felt envy with her mother’s attention towards Mino. Even Mino’s parent also loves her but still they never could be compared the way her mother treats Mino. Irene felt like as if her mother was under Mino spell or something.

Irene thoughts were interrupted when the car suddenly stopped, making her to look around.

How fast can he drive actually? Irene quietly thought in her mind, surprised to see that both of them already arrived at Irene’s parent house which if it’s in Irene situation; she would probably takes more than two hours in order to reach her parent’s house. Maybe because she don’t like driving too fast or it just her who is actually driving too slow.

“Why don’t you just tell them that both of us are busy?” Irene quietly muttered, trying to unbuckle her seatbelt that seemed hard for her to do that.

What the hell is wrong with this ing thing? Irene angrily thought – still trying by herself.

“Do you even have heart or feeling, Joohyun?” Mino’s sharp words made Irene looked up, swallowing hard when she realized Mino was just few inches apart from where she was. Thank God, that younger man wasn’t looking at her but instead, helping her to unbuckle the seatbelt which was solved by him easily.

“They are your parent for God’s sake. If you hate me that much for bringing you here today, no need to throw your tantrum towards your parent. They are innocent and is it wrong for them to see their only child in their life? Is it a crime for them to do that? Or do they also have to make an appointment first to meet with their own daughter? Is that what you want?” Mino murmured firmly, his blazing glare made Irene speechless.

Once again, Song Mino could really shut her up with only by his prick words.

Bastard.

 

 

“I’m so glad that both of you could come together today as a pair. It’s not that easy to see both of you coming together. If it’s not Irene the one is busy, then vice versa.” Mrs. Bae murmured, flashing her bright smile towards both Mino and Irene that sat next to each other at the dining table – eating their lunch.

Mino threw his small smile, nodding his head and not to forget to say thank you towards his mother-in-law. Irene pressed her lip together, feeling irritated to see Mino ‘fake’ acting. She knew that she was overreacted at the moment because knowing that Mino wasn’t acting; it just a normal situation where that husband of hers always shows his polite and kind side whenever he’s in front of Irene’s parent nor his own one.

“Where’s daddy, mum?” Mino asked, just remembered to ask about his father-in-law which at the moment wasn’t with the three of them.

“Daddy has something to work up at the outside town. He’ll probably back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.” Mrs. Bae answered Mino’s question.

Irene’s face displayed a small frown. “So, you’re all alone for the couple past days?” Mino realized the worried tone in Irene’s voice. Mrs. Bae let out a soft laugh then, looking at her only daughter. “Of course I am, Irene, dear. It’s not like I’m going to ask you to accompany me – knowing how busy you are with your life, dear.” Mrs. Bae told her, smiling warmly at Irene.

“Yeah, I know that, mum. But still, it’s unsafe for you to stay all alone by yourself in this house. What if something happens to you?” asked Irene then. “Silly, dear. There’s nothing going to happen to me. It’s not like this is the first time your father leaves me alone, Irene. Don’t worry.” Mrs. Bae assured, feeling please to see the worried look on Irene’s angelic face.

Irene pressed her lip together, nodding her head in agreement to what her mother was saying before.

The three of them continued to eat their lunch then before Mrs. Bae opened to ask the married couple a very unexpected question.

“Anyway – both of you, when you’re going to give us a grandchildren actually? It’s been like few years since your marriage become officially. Yeah, I know that both of you said to me before that you both are still young and want to concentrate on your career and whatsoever it is. But seriously, Irene and Mino? When you both going to wait? It’s not like I’m getting younger here.”

Both Irene and Mino stiffen at their own seat, shocked to hear the words slipped out from Irene’s mother. They quickly exchanged a glance with each other before both of them looked away, did not know what to give as an answer for Mrs. Bae’s question.

Mrs. Bae stared at the married couple who looked quiet nervous in her point of view. “Don’t tell me both of you are still planning on this thing? Irene? Mino?” Mrs. Bae questioned, raising one of her eyebrows while looking at the two people sitting in front of her swiftly.

Mino pressed his lip together, clearing his throat before opened his mouth to speak.

“Mum, it’s not like we’re not trying. It just that both of us are busy right now.” Mino properly answered that question, giving a slight smile towards Mrs. Bae.

Mrs. Bae made an ‘O’ expression on her lip, staring at both Irene and Mino. “Oh, really? So busy that both of you can’t even figure out on how to spend time with each other? Come on, it’s not like you both getting younger. Plus, both of you already have your own fixed career and a great achievements – so, what’s with the wait? Don’t tell me that both of you don’t want any child in your family?” Mrs. Bae questioned back, a slight of crease formed on her forehead.

Irene let out a small sigh, did not fond with the topic that currently being discussed.

How can we both have a child? We never even sleep together before or even share a kiss. Irene quietly thought in her mind, a small curve line pasted on her lip.

She then took a quick glance at Mino before looking at her beloved mother, smiling in such a meaningful way. “Mum, actually I don’t mind having a child at all. Plus, knowing that I’m now twenty eight years old, it will be perfect for me to be a mother and experiencing motherhood, right?” Irene spoke, flashing her bright, sweet smile.

Mrs. Bae nodded her head, could not agree more with her daughter’s words. “Well, it just that – ermm, Mino always busy and frequently leave me behind all alone; going for his practice session and other games or competitions. So yeah, that’s why.”

Mino’s head snapped to the left side of him, staring at Irene with a slight of shock expression.

This woman!

“Is it true, Mino, dear? Mino, you know that you should also give some of your attention towards Irene. I know that ice hockey is your biggest passion but you also need to be reminded, dear, that you are a married man. Don’t you want to have your own family?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter