CH15

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
15 CHAPTER FIFTEEN  

At first, she thought that person would not be coming to the firm today but she was mistaken. Around quarter past nine, her eyes caught the familiar figure that was walking towards the front glass door of the firm building before the person push and slowly walked through the glass door then.

 

“Ma’am.” Eliane greeted her in surprise tone, her face wrinkled in confusion and at the same time startle to see the person that now standing in front of her table.

A small smile pasted on Irene’s lip as she nodded her head a bit. “Sorry, Eliane. I forgot to inform you that I would be late. Can you come to my room after this?” Eliane quickly nodded, smiling at Irene then. “Of course, I’ll be right in few minutes.” Irene just nodded back before mumbling a soft ‘thank you’ towards her secretary before walked again, heading to where her room is located. Right after the sight of Irene disappeared, Eliane immediately grabbed her notebook and also few things that she usually carries with her whenever Irene called her to go to her room. Making sure that she grabbed everything, Eliane skipped herself towards Irene’s room which was located at the end of the corner and also the largest room on that floor.

It already been few days since the last time when Eliane got a call from someone whom she assumed was probably Irene’s husband; informing Eliane that Irene could not go to the firm because of fever. To be honest, it also might be the first time Eliane spoken to Irene’s husband since she never ever speak to him before. She could not even remember if she ever meet him before because when the time she starts to work as Irene’s secretary, that beautiful woman already married. Plus, she remembered well in her mind that she never once see Irene’s husband comes to this firm.

The only thing that Eliane knew about Irene’s husband is that he is a very famous ice hockey player in this country and also consider as a very well-known, wanted man despite of his status that already married to Irene. And one more thing is his name, Song Mino.

That’s it.

Irene was cleaning some paper works on her table, organizing few things when she heard a soft knock coming from the outside.

“Come in.”

Eliane carefully pushed open the door room of Irene’s office before closing it slowly behind her; taking a seat opposite from where Irene was sitting at the moment. “I’m glad that you’re coming to the firm today, ma’am. Few of our clients already asking for you but unfortunately, I’ve had to turn down their request to see you.” Eliane spoke softly, smiling a sweet smile at Irene; truly mean her spoken words just now.

Irene hid a smile before opened to speak. “Well, I’m flatter to hear that. I’m sorry too for giving you such a trouble, Eliane. I seriously forgot to tell you that I’m taking few days leave because of my sickness and let you have all the trouble by yourself.” Irene said with an apologetic smile.

Eliane shook her head, flashing her bright smile towards Irene.

“That’s okay, ma’am. It’s my job anyway. I’m happy that you’re now feeling better and ready to work again. Even the court also missing you. They called before asking for you to handle a case but I had to turn down because I don’t want to burden you with work. Plus, you also need some rest. You’ve already been working hard, ma’am.” Eliane said, assuring Irene with her warm and sincere words.

Irene nodded her head. “Anyway, is there anything really important that I need to look at? Is everything okay while I’m gone?” Eliane nodded her head. “Everything’s fine, ma’am. Don’t worry about it. There’s only few clients that want to meet with you and they already made their appointments. They told me to call them once you’ve already back to the firm.” Eliane explained.

“Okay. Can you arrange all the appointments tomorrow? I need to go to the court after this to meet with the judge regarding a case and also meeting with someone later on. If it’s too pack for tomorrow, make sure to give the priority to the ones who badly need to see me; the others just push back to the day of tomorrow.”

“What time will you be free for the first appointment tomorrow?” Irene looked at Eliane. “Around eight or nine – depends on tomorrow. Don’t worry, I’ll inform you back later on.” Eliane just nodded her head, jotting down everything that Irene asked her to do in her notebook.

“Anything else, ma’am?”

Irene thought for a while before slowly shook her head. “That’s all for now. If there’s anything else, I’ll inform you again. Oh, before I forget, I’m going to be at firm until three because after that I’m heading to the court and probably won’t coming back here again.”

Eliane made an ‘O’ expression, nodding her head in understatement. “If there’s nothing, I’ll excuse myself first, ma’am.” Irene smiled a small at Eliane, nodding her head before turning her attention to her laptop on her table, preparing few documents that she required to bring when she’s going to meet the judge this evening.

Little that Eliane did not know, what Irene really trying to do was busying herself; not wanting to think about anything else especially for what had happened between her and him. Truthfully, this is the first ever time a person named Bae Joohyun tried to run away from a problem and that problem is related to her own husband.

How pathetic.

 

 

“It’s not just a small problem, noona. I don’t know what exactly happen but what I can tell is that, this fight between both of them is not just regular fight that they had like before. It’s bigger than that – even worst probably. I’ve never seen Mino hyung looked so depressed like this before. Even though he had a fought with Irene noona before, he would just let it cool easily and act like everything is fine.”

“This time it’s different. You can see it, noona. Don’t you know what happen between both of them? Didn’t Irene noona tell you anything?”

“I don’t know, noona. It’s not like I’m not trying – I’ve already did, but he still won’t let me know. I know him, noona. Mino hyung is not a person who easily tell people about his life especially that married life of him. Even I’m the one who could be considered the closest one to him won’t know what’s going on in his life. Simple, he won’t tell unless he wants to.”

A small sigh escaped from as she thought back the conversation that she had before with Kai on the phone last night. She seriously thought that ‘sick incident’ could help the married couple solve their problem but she was wrong. She did not even see anything good coming out from that little progression that she was hoping for actually.

Jinah carefully sipped her hot caramel coffee, thinking hardly in her mind.

She knew her best friend is hurting inside. And hell yes, she knew that Mino also being through the same thing. Jinah wasn’t that stupid or blind to not notice the unspoken love between the two people. She hardly did not know what’s wrong for both of them to make a move or at least let down their egoistic feeling for once!

Why it so ing hard to just let their guard down and tell the truth to each other?!

Thinking back when Jinah saw how Mino and Irene looked at each other and pretended to not care with each other was ing stupid and retard. If only she could knock some sense into their head, of course she willingly to do it at the first place. Those two people are like the stupidest in their world.

And now, when Jinah knew the news about Mino going to Australia for his ice hockey training about two months from Kai, she surely needed to think of something. Jinah did not know if Irene ever knows about this. She did not know whether Mino tell her best friend about his travel to other country for his training session almost two months. If not, Jinah did not know what to say anymore.

No matter how kind or hard she wants to help Irene, her best friend; Jinah still knew her limitation. She not going to be that desperate, scary stalker or agent just to help Irene to fix her marriage. It just that sometimes Jinah thought that if she just kept that two people with their own ways – surely, she will never see both of them find their own ever and after. That’s why Kai and her decided to team up together to silently help the married couple.

Oh, did Jinah already tell the story how she knew Kai? That also one of the famous ice hockey player and possibly popular with the young ladies out there thanks to his single status and not to mention, the flirty attitude and full package of him and his life.

Actually, Kai is a close friend – more like a younger brother towards Jinah’s unofficial boyfriend yet. Through that mysterious man of hers, Jinah knew Kai and that’s how their friendship started. Even Kai is younger that Jinah, but still both of them just push away the idea of the between of them. Plus, Kai is one of the important people in Jinah’s mysterious man’s life – so, that’s why Kai also somehow is a part in her life now.

The good thing is? Well, her best friend did not know about this fact at all. Besides, Jinah did not intend to tell Irene about this – not yet at this moment. There’s other thing that much more important to do rather than tell Irene this small matter of her life.

Grabbing her cell phone, she then dialed a number; a meaningful smile appeared on her lip then.

 

 

Irene let out a frustrated sigh, leaning her back against the passenger seat in Jinah’s car.

This is too much! She protested inside her mind. If it wasn’t because of the friendship that she has with Jinah for many years already, Irene would probably act up her y attitude at this moment. She just could not believe what just happened before and more likely, what the hell she’s doing inside Jinah’s car at the moment!

“Can you tell me where we’re going exactly? Isn’t it cruel enough that you suddenly came to my house and drag me to the hell I also don’t know.” Irene muttered in serious tone, sending a sharp glare towards her best friend who was driving next to her. Jinah let out a small chuckle, taking a quick glance at Irene who was crossing her arms on her chest, her face looked annoyed at that time.

“I’m pretty sure if I tell you where we’re going tonight, you might end up chasing me out from your house, Irene. It’s not like I know you yesterday, you know.” Jinah replied back, focusing on her driving at the moment.

Irene sighed then, throwing her sight out to the outside view; it was raining drizzly that night and silently, she was hoping that Jinah won’t be taking her to a place where she has to go through into the rain. It’s more than enough she fell sick before and she did not want to take another day leave just because of that small thing.

She could still clearly remembered how many days had passed since the last time she required his help when she was having a fever before. Despite of their cold relationship, Mino still took care of her gently and did not even blabber about it. Irene did not know whether he was doing that because he probably thinks that it is one of his responsibilities towards her or just because he had to take care of her – more like forcing himself to do that. But still, Irene could not deny that she felt impressed and touched with what Mino had done to her. To be honest, she really did give him a hard time when she was sick before.

When she thought about it again, she felt embarrassed but at the same time, very thankful towards her husband. If it’s not because of him, Irene did not know what might happen to her. Of course, she still has her family and could depend on them but what would her parent will say if it wasn’t Mino the one who take care of her, right? She knew for sure that Mino won’t take the risk by involving both of their parent into their problem and it would be probably the last thing that the young man wants to happen.

The last time Irene saw Mino was yesterday. Of course, she could only see him for a while before he disappeared – probably went to his hockey practice. Truthfully, Irene wants to have a small talk to him; there’s a lot that she needs to say towards him but seeing him being busy, Irene just thought maybe she will do it later on. Plus, having him in front of her eyes already makes her felt relief at least because she did not know how she will react again if he gone missing all over again.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted when she heard Jinah’s high pitch voice calling for her over and over.

“God, where are you? Daydreaming?” Jinah teased, shaking her head then. Irene did not say anything though, her eyes wondered all over around the surrounding to see where both of them were. Looking at her face, Irene bet the only thing appeared on her face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter