CH7

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
07 CHAPTER SEVEN  

Her pair of eyes were fixed on the round gold color bouncy ball that happened to roll over towards the medium sized lake at the place where she was playing seconds ago. She was happily playing with her new toy that her beloved father bought for her last few days.

 

The little, light brown hair color girl then slowly made her way towards the lake in front of her; thinking whether she should call for someone help to get her ball or just do it by herself. The little girl looked around, searching for someone nearby who can help her get out from the current problem that she was facing.

Her father who came along with her to the park went to buy an ice cream; strawberry and vanilla flavor just like she loves to eat it. The little girl then just decided to get the new ball of hers by herself, thinking that it might be easy since the ball that rolled towards the lake just at the side of the lake; not knowing the danger that awaited for a little girl like her.

She then took of the shoes that she was wearing, half running towards the lake. At first, she stopped just before she took a step into the lake, hesitated with herself whether to reach for the ball due to the water lake condition that looked a bit scary for the little girl’s point of view. The little girl then pushed away her own thoughts, slowly stepping steps by steps into the lake; already dirtying the clothes that she was wearing with the lake water.

She managed to reach the ball without difficulties, feeling happy and proud with herself at first because of her own hard work to get the ball without asking anyone else help at all.

The happiness feeling that she felt at that moment did not last long when she could no longer reach her feet to step inside the lake, feeling herself slowly drowning inside the lake. The little girl already panicked the moment she could no longer step herself inside the lake, the ball that she was holding to once again escaped from her grip, rolling further away from where she was at the moment.

She was already crying at the moment, trying to save herself; knowing the fact that she actually knows how to swim due to her taking swimming class. The little girl could not figure out what was happening to her because of the panic feeling built inside her; the imagination of her being found dead inside the lake already displayed inside her mind. She tried to swim herself towards the side of lake, hoping that she could reach something at the side to hold herself from drowning alone in the lake.

Her vision getting blurry as time went by, the sight of her father figure or anyone else could not be found at all to help her at the moment, leaving her all alone there; helplessly trying to save herself whether it was a successful or a failure in order to do so.

 

 

Irene let out a small gasp, her round eyes fluttered open in shock. The memory of her being drowning at that park had chased her life back, remembering her the nightmare past that she really wanted to forget. It’s been a period of time since the last time she remembered back that moment; where she almost killed herself if it wasn’t someone who helped her at the last moment where she was about to fully drown in the lake; her own father.

At that time, Irene just realized that it was pitch black around her. Everything was so dark that she could not even figure out where was she at the moment. Irene looked around, suddenly feeling scared with that kind of situation.

Where is everyone? She silently thought.

She let out a scream only to hear her own voice echoed back towards her, leaving the blonde hair woman in a deep confusion. Her forehead creased as she tried to figure out what was currently happening towards her and other people at the moment.

Irene walked herself through the unknown dark journey, her hands were trying to identify anything around her which could answer the big question in her mind on where the hell she was at that time.

Out of blue then, she felt herself tripped over something before suddenly felt herself like falling into a hole of water that made her gasped in shock, terrified with the sudden situation. Irene tried to reach out her hand to get back towards the place where she was before but it was a failure since she was trapped in the water without no knowing where could she go to save herself.

Please, not this dream again. Irene cried in silent, trying to figure out how to save herself despite that she could not see, touch or call for help because of herself being alone and the situation that was so dark and quiet as if she’s the only person left in this current situation.

Help! Irene called for help but it was only the screaming inside her mind. She could not open at that time because the moment she does that, it will be the end of her. Slowly, she felt like she disappeared herself inside the water with the darkness collapsed on her, her eyes closed tightly as she drown herself inside the sea of darkness; without no one there to save her.

“Come on, Joohyun! Breathe!”

Irene heard that voice calling for her real name, that voice sounded so far away from her. She felt like someone was pressing tight on her chest, the sudden of air came rushing down through her nose, leaving her to in the new air inside her lungs; giving her chance to breathe normally again.

Her pair of eyes were half opened and closed at the same time. She was in confusion. Why it felt so hard to breathe at this moment? Irene thought to herself.

She shut her eyes tightly, slowly trying to open her eyes fully so that she could see what was happening, why she felt hard to even take a breath and also feeling cold at the same time; her body was shivering due to the coldness that she felt lingering around her.

Just then, she suddenly coughed, a small amount of water came out from as she was coughing. God, what had happened to her actually? Is that dream of her being drowning at that lake replayed once again? Did she just drown herself just like she did before?

When Irene fully opened her eyelids, she could see though it was a bit blurry; there were few people surrounded around her, looking down at her with a big relief expression on their faces especially the person half kneeling next to her, he was panting and seemed like out of breath.

“Thank God, you’re safe.” his low voice mumbled quietly then, Irene did not know why at that time an unfamiliar feeling lingered around her heart, she badly wanted to tell that particular person who was her savior that just saved her life; telling him that she’s okay now, no need to put that very worried expression on his face.

She just stared at him for a moment before feeling to close her eyes again, did not know why she felt like to have a long deep sleep at that time.

 

 

Sighing a very relief sigh, Mino could now take a long deep breath; the worried and concern feeling attacking his mind just now slowly washed away with the sight of Irene who now seem in a weak condition and not to mention her pale face.

He slowly shook his head, staring at his wife who seem to open and close her eyes few times, probably still in dazed after what had happened to her just now.

What was she thinking? Mino quietly thought to himself.

He did not know why he was so afraid when he knew that Irene had fallen into the swimming pool just like few minutes after he gone right after their small argument. He seriously did not know what was happening towards Irene and what might she’s been thinking.

The moment he heard about Irene falling into the pool, Mino did not hesitate even a second to help his wife. The thought of Irene helpless asking for help was lingering in Mino’s mind and when he reached at the swimming pool area which luckily just in time; Irene almost drown herself inside the pool. He’s not a good swimmer but at least, he knows how to swim though.

And now at the moment, Mino did not what to do as the resort manager who in charged during that time was nonstop apologizing towards Mino for what had happened. Even though Mino already let it off, the manager still insisted in apologizing, probably feeling guilty for the unexpected incident that happened towards Irene although it wasn’t the manager fault at all.

“Hyung, just accept the offer. Besides, I think Irene noona really needs some rest now. She looks so weak and even her face can tells everything at one glance.” Kai pointed out his opinion, standing beside Mino at that time. He heard from the manager about an offer that was given to Mino as a redeem for what had happened tonight; a room for both Mino and Irene to stay for a night here at this beach resort.

Mino glanced at Kai, the last few person who still staying at the event which already ended fifteen minutes ago, especially right after the incident that happened on Irene. He rethought about the offer; to be honest, he rather choose to decline the offer because it’s not like he’s going to take advantage at this resort for what happened. Plus, the fact that Irene and him would be staying in one room really made the twenty five years old man think deeply.

His pair eyes then flickered towards Irene who was lying on the long couch inside the manager’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter