CH4

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
04 CHAPTER FOUR  

When I said that I need some time and space to my parent, I really meant it. Because I knew those two things that I required the most after that very surprising news. I could not believe myself, but that the reality is. Both my father and mother had already set up a marriage with someone; a person living in this world that goes by with the name called Bae Joohyun.

 

I never meet her before nor know her in my life.

Like me, she’s the only child in her family and not to mention, she’s actually two years older than me. I seriously did not get the idea why my parent was too eager to match me up with her. Of course, I knew all of this little information because my parent told me about her a bit. Still, I’m not interested whether to meet her or at least know her in my life.

Maybe what my parent said was right. Yes, for the time being, I do only focus with my ice hockey thing. Ice hockey is like half of me. I did not know when the exact time but I think when I was in the primary school before, I started to take interest in this sport game. I felt happier when knowing that my parent was supporting me fully when I told them that I want to take a serious step in ice hockey thing. Of course, they still reminded me to balance my academic and most importantly my health because knowing how ice hockey can be aggressive and everything but I was more than relief when they accepted me for who I am.

Thanks to my patience and hardcore training and everything; I could never expect that I was choose as one of the trainees for one of the famous ice hockey team in the country. I played as an official ice hockey player when I was nineteen and that time I was ready to enter the college to pursue my study. At first, my mother advised me to take a break from playing ice hockey and just focus on my study but I calmly told her that I could manage myself in dividing time for playing and studying. And I proved my parent right, of course.

Even I was busy with playing and joining competitions, I still remembered my duty as a student. I may be did not get the dean list but at least, I passed and scored a good result which also could make my parent proud with me. When I finished my college time, I decided to give all of my focus and attention towards ice hockey and that when I was also selected as a part of ice hockey national team of the country.

Only God knows how happy I felt when I found out about the news and I promised myself that I would give my everything to do well in this thing. And like what I have right now, that’s what I get from what I’ve been hardly through for those past few years ago.

 

 

The moment I laid my eyes on her, I could not deny myself that I did feel impressed by her. I did not know the exact word to describe her but her beauty is seriously like a greatest gift from God.

For me, she suits to be in the fashion world or become a model based on her look. From her round shaped eyes to her small, little nose and not to mention that rosy red thin lip of hers. I wonder why her parent also arranged a marriage for her aside the fact that their own daughter could possibly has someone special in her life already.

“Mino, meet Bae Joohyun. You can call her Irene, she much prefer to be called with that name.”

Irene? Where on earth she got that name from her real name?

“Irene, dear. This is Song Mino, your fiancée and soon to be your husband.” I heard the middle aged woman softly murmured, it’s her mother.

Mrs. Bae then left both of us alone right after she introduced us towards each other. I looked at her and she was doing the same thing when she was the first one to broke the silence that filled between both of us. I never expect what to come next from her though.

“If you think that this marriage will end up good, better you stop dreaming. I seriously don’t know why my parent would end up matching me with you which obviously in my opinion; you’re not my type at all and don’t even suit to pair up with me. Especially holding the title as my husband.”

I raised both of my eyebrows in amazement, quiet surprised to hear the word coming out from . How can someone like her; small, fragile-like person who in this world has an angelic, innocence face could utter such words? Very interesting.

“Why? Who you think qualify enough to hold the title as your husband? A CEO of a company? Or maybe some kind of billionaire that can inherits you with his wealth? Or just a poor, homeless street beggar? I think the last option is the most suitable one with what I’ve seen inside you.”

Her face blushed deep red as I finished my statement which I replied with a slight, cynical smile on my lips. Who the hell she think she is?

“Listen here, Song Mino. For your information, none of the options that you said earlier suit with me. I’m a profesional lawyer for God’s sake. Even without someone in my life, I still can stand by myself without any help from anyone. Plus, I don’t think married to a hockey player like you would make my image become more confident. It felt like I’m going to marry to someone who doesn’t have a certain future in his life.”

She talked back at me, flashing her bright teeth towards me. I pressed my lip together, holding the anger that I felt starting to rise inside my body.

Thank God, I saw my mother and also her mother walked towards both of us just before I could open my mouth to her. “So, have you both getting to know each other more?”

“Of course, we do. I’m glad to find someone like her, mom. You really know me well.” I quickly answered before she could which earned a confused look on her face.

My mother and soon to be mother-in-law smiled in satisfaction, both of them nodded their heads. “Well then, why don’t you both join us for dinner now? I think you guys can continue to talk with each other at the table later.” her mother suggested followed with a slight nod from my mother.

I slightly replied with a smile on my lips. As soon my mother and her mother left both of us to follow them from behind, I turned to look at her.

“Just one thing that you need to keep in mind, Bae Joohyun. Honestly in my opinion, I don’t see at all the lawyer character inside you. What I only see is a woman who always look up and she don’t even realize that she probably step on her own mistake. Funny, isn’t it?”

I smiled at her before strode away, leaving her gasped in surprised as I muttered those words.

Serve her right. Who do she thinks she is? God, I never met someone so egoistic, full of herself and not to forget, very rude and no manners at all. I wonder if that’s the reason why her parent decide to arrange a marriage for her because the fact that no one wants someone like their daughter to become a wife in their life.

 

 

I’ve known Kai when few months after I was accepted and trained myself as part of the ice hockey players for the national team for the country. To be honest, I also did not know how can I be friended with Kai and till today, I might saying he’s the closest friend that I have for the time being.

Looking at both of us, I did not think both of us have a lot in common actually.

Kai is like more opposite of me. He loves to party, making new friends and mostly flirting with so many women out there and not to mention, sometimes being playful. Unlike him, I’m more to serious personality. Even Kai himself once told me that he thought I’m like an older person due to my cold, serio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter