CH35

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
35 CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE  

He flickered his pair of eyes towards the person sat next to him, trying to hide the amusement feels growing inside him at that moment. Anyone who see that person’s face sitting next to him might guessing that the person’s mood is not in a good one right now.

 

Irene on the other side could no longer suppress the annoyance building up inside her. From the moment she took a step inside this flight less than an hour ago up till this moment, the woman with rose gold hair color could not help but to feel so annoyed and frustrated with whatever happen around her at the moment.

Thank God, she was wearing her earphone right now. At least, she did not have to feel so anger with the situation around her especially when it comes to the person next to her. Maybe the music that she’s hearing at the moment helped her a bit to ease down the anger feeling build inside her currently. If only she could be mad at him much longer despite being so easily lose with herself for giving in too much towards the person sat next to her. As if, the person next to her knows or even care why she being in such a bad mood right now.

She was staring the outside view from the small window when suddenly, one of earphones was pulled off from her ear making the golden hair woman turned her head almost immediately.

“Are you seriously not going to talk to me?” Irene heard Mino quietly asked, his voice sounded a mix of concern and much of upset with whatever happen between both of them.

Irene pressed her lip together before letting out a sigh then. “It’s not going to change if I talk to you or not, right? You still not going to tell me, isn’t it? So, what’s the point of talking then?” she replied back, trying to hold herself from being rude even though the way she spoke just now sounded like one.

Mino took a very deep breath before shaking his head then. “Joohyun,” he called out his wife’s name in low voice. Irene pretended to not hear that Mino was calling for her, acting as if she was busying herself with her music player, choosing the next song that she’s going to hear.

“Baby, look at me, please.” Irene did not have any other choice but to look at Mino’s face when out of sudden, her husband tucked a finger under her chin, forcing her to look at him directly. “Okay, I understand that you are angry with me right now. And I know the reason why. But, Joohyun, listen to me, will you? I told you, right? It’s not like I intend to do this on purpose. You need to understand why.”

The golden hair woman raised one of her eyebrows in challenge. “Really? To understand what? That what you said is totally different from what you do? Or the reason why you suddenly cut short our vacation that supposed to be like what – a week or something? Let me tell you something, Mr. Song. If I remembered back clearly, it was you the one who told me that you’re the one who want this vacation for both of us. But, look what you have done? If this what you call as a vacation, then maybe you shouldn’t bring about this matter at the first place!” Irene hissed in anger voice, glaring at Mino with fierce eyes at her husband.

A slight of smile pasted on Mino’s lip after he heard the words coming out from Irene’s mouth. He was right when he thought about this before. The beastly figure man knows too well that his beloved wife won’t be happy with what happen right now and the fact that she will be furious with him for doing this. If only you know what I’m planning for both of us, baby, Mino silently thought at the back of his mind.

Before Mino could open his mouth to talk again, he saw that Irene was preparing herself to sleep – purposely leaning away from him, still listening to her music player. It seem like his wife really being angry with him and for Mino, it kind of rare to see Irene being mad at him like this. The last time he saw this kind of situation was when both of them used to fight before when the two of them were not in a good term.

Ever since both of them decided to open a new chapter in their marriage life, Irene rarely being angry with him unless if she really feels so. Most of the time, the anger feeling is more like to jealousy affection that Irene feels towards him. Unlike him who rarely shows that side of him, his beloved wife did not hesitate at all to show the jealousy that she feels whenever she in that kind of situation. Although sometimes for Mino it seems like a childish one but honestly, that’s what make Irene being so precious in his life.

Irene tried to close her eyes, wanting to sleep since she did not what else to do at that time. Talking to Mino probably the last option that she could think in her mind. She won’t deny that she seriously felt mad at her husband for doing this which seem to her like on purpose. To be honest, Irene did not know the reason why out of blue, Mino decided to cut short their supposed to be one week vacation to only three-four days one.

For the golden hair woman, excuse like ‘something came up’ was absolutely absurd. The fact that Mino said to her before that this vacation is for both of them to spend some quality time together really did not make sense with the excuse that he thought she would buy it.

Screw it! If he thinks that I’m going to let go this thing easily, maybe after all, he doesn’t know me that well. Irene thought with upset feeling, suddenly felt the urge to cry. She let out a sigh then, shutting tight her pair of eyes as slowly, forcing herself to sleep despite that she’s not sleepy at all that time. Perhaps, sleeping could ease down the annoyance and frustration feeling inside her when she wakes up later.

Hopefully though.

 

 

The young woman could not help but to feel some kind of pleasant feeling today. Maybe because of the nice weather today and not to mention, her literally good mood rising inside her. It’s been ages since the last time she been doing this; strolling all by herself around the area near to where she rented a small place for herself as a living place.

Although that living place of hers could be considered as old one and might probably waiting to just be collapsed, but still, Ari felt grateful and proud for herself for not troubling others with her own life especially Tae Woo, her best friend who kindly offered her to find a more comfortable and home-like place for her to live in.

Since that man is the only person that she trusts after what had happened in her dark past, Ari politely declined Tae Woo’s offer because mainly, she did not want to trouble that man more. It’s more than enough of what he had done to her by already being her savior; helping her to escape that hell of life that she’s been living through almost half of her life span before. Thanks to the man who she already thought as her own protector, brother and more like family, Ari did not know how or perhaps, she could never repay of what Tae Woo had done to her.

Never once she forgets of what he did to her, especially the part where he hardly sacrificed himself just to save her already ed up and miserable life. Not to mention, Tae Woo did not feel doubt at all to spend his money which Ari did not know how much he spent on her because until today he kept it secret from her – telling her that the only thing she should think is her now new beginning life.

The young woman knows the fact that Tae Woo came from a wealthy background but just like her, he also kept himself low profile based on what Ari observed. Of course, sometimes he did speak about his life and also his family but until now, Ari could say that she did not know much about her best friend. Still, compared to him, Ari is being more cryptic than he is. If Tae Woo being the low profile one, let just say, Ari being the lock up one. The only thing that Tae Woo knows about her is all about her past life, nothing more or less than that. Plus, Ari also felt glad that Tae Woo did not push her further to be more open with him because he knew the fact why she being like that.

Experience grows you up. That’s what Tae Woo once said to her and knowing the reason why Ari being so close to herself, he did not have to ask why at the young woman. He already knew the answer though.

After what had happened in her life before, Ari could say that Tae Woo is the only person that been closest to her right now. Like she said before, he’s like everything in her life at this moment. From protector to best friend, only Tae Woo fills the space in her life.

Don’t get her wrong. Honestly, she never feel or see Tae Woo in that kind of romantic, love way. It just that the feeling she feels towards Tae Woo is more like a gratitude and thankful one. Because for Ari, if it wasn’t because of that man who literally saved her from her darkest life, she might be the same old Ari that she’s been living before this. That’s why, if possible Ari wants to pay back what Tae Woo had done to her because for him, it might be a kindness that he shown to her but it is much bigger than that for the young woman.

No one knows what she had been through before. The painful and traumatized feeling, the loss of faith inside herself, the broken pieces of her; no one care about that. Not even when she tried to seek for help before, no one ever come to save her from the hell life. And literally then, giving up of her own miracle that never come for her, Ari thought she might die in waste in that hell of life. The life that she never want to go back or even remember about it. It’s been enough of what she had been through before and it will takes every gut of her to make sure, she will never go back again to that life.

Her own deep of thoughts was suddenly interrupted when a small cry sound coming just nearby her which sent the young woman into a startled, a bit surprised with the sudden of situation.

Ari’s forehead creased in deep as her pair of eyes looked around, trying to figure out the situation laid in front of her right now. With careful steps, Ari slowly approached the female child who was sobbing by herself at a corner of the pathway near to the stationary shop along the way. She did not know why but the sympathy feeling grew inside her made her to approach the little girl who seem lost in her point of view.

“Hey there, sweetheart.” Ari softly called for that little girl which became successfully since she caught the little girl’s attention towards her though.

The young woman knelt herself until her face was the same level with the little girl’s height, giving a sweet, angelic smile towards her then. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Are you alone, sweetheart?” Ari tried to persuade the little girl, helping her to wipe those tears that streaming down her light pink, puffy cheeks.

She noticed that the little girl was all alone by the time she found her and honestly, Ari did not know whether this little girl is actually lost herself from her family or she might be just crying because of something else. If she lost, shouldn’t anyone who know her realize about her absence already? Ari thought to herself. Seeing that the little girl was still crying, Ari could not help but to feel responsible about that little girl even though, she could just walk away and pass that responsibility towards other.

It feels like there’s something that holding her from just ignoring this little girl here. Ari then smiled at the little girl, putting her attention back to the child before pulling the girl’s small hand from covering her face due to her crying state. “What’s your name, sweetheart? Do you come here with anyone? Can you tell me about anyone that you know? So that I can give them a call to let them know you are here.” Ari spoke with light, assuring voice with a kind smile pasted on her lip.

The little girl shifted her blurry gaze towards Ari, sniffing quietly under her breath as she slowly opened to speak then. “I-I come with uncle. He’s here but then, he’s gone. I don’t know where to find him.” Ari formed an ‘O’ on her lip, understanding the situation a little bit now. So she was right that this child is actually lost. “Okay then, sweetheart. Do you remember your uncle’s phone number?” Ari asked, trying her luck. She actually doubted if this little girl in front of her remembers her uncle’s number.

Looking at the little girl, Ari might assumed the child ages around six to eight years old. The girl shook her head, slowly starting to crack up again which threw Ari in a small panic; afraid that she might get crying again. “Hey, don’t cry. Don’t worry, I’m not a bad person. Do you remember the last place you’re with your uncle, sweetheart? Maybe your uncle waiting for you there.” the little girl nodded her head, turning her small figure half before pointing towards anywhere forward which Ari not sure where she was pointing to.

Ari smiled a sweet smile then before taking the little girl in her arms before carrying her while walking along the pathway, heading to wherever the little girl was pointing to. “What is your name, sweetheart? How old are you?” Ari eventually asked, wanting to keep the little girl distracted from letting her cries out loud again.

“My name is Lily and I’m turning seven soon.” Ari raised one of her eyebrows, chuckling at the cuteness and a bit shyness from Lily then. Despite that she was crying at that moment, the little girl still managed to answer Ari’s question clearly without hesitation. “Oh, really? Well, that’s good for you, sweetheart. I’m sure you feel excite to turn seven soon.” Lily nodded her head, smiling for the first time finally, thanks to Ari’s friendly and warm approach.

When Lily asked Ari to stop at the front of a bakery shop, Ari followed the little girl’s word though. Her pair of eyes wondering around to see if there’s anyone that seem to be looking for someone. “Do you see your uncle around, Lily?” Ari turned to look at the little girl w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter