CH34

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
34 CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR  

Looking at how time quickly passed, the man dressed in black color attire from head to toe, walked in much faster pace as he stepped inside the place area - a hostess greeted him with a warm smile at the front reception area of that place before kindly showing him the table where he was supposed to meet with someone last ten minutes ago.

 

“I’m very sorry for the lateness. There’s something important that I need to settle before.” he firstly apologized before taking a seat across from the person who already waited at the table.

That person shook his head before putting up his hand to stop the man from apologizing then. “That’s okay. I also just arrived few minutes ago actually.” said him, giving a slight of smile at the man who looked a bit relief after that words came out from his mouth earlier.

Kai took a quick examine at the man sitting across him; looking at his appearance that night, it probably not a surprise if the man in front of him does this kind of job. The job that he asked almost few days before - an investigator. Somehow, his outfit tonight really suits with his job though. So mysterious and probably hard to guess.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Kai casually asked as he was enjoying his drink, a gin and tonic one that night in a fancy and one high-class restaurant. The man slowly shook his head, smiling at Kai in such a proper, professional way then. “So, do you get what I ask you to?” Kai asked again after few minutes passed then.

A curve line pasted on that man’s lip before he handed Kai an envelope then - a medium size and light brown color one. “Everything that you want to know is inside the envelope. From A to Z.” Kai raised both of his eyebrows once he heard that man’s words, could not deny the big impression feeling towards the person in front of him at that moment. Although what was Kai request before just few days ago, the man in front of him still can do his job despite the short period of time.

What an amazing achievement, Kai thought to himself.

The dark brown hair young man stared at the content inside the envelope with an unreadable expression as he was scanning the information in his hands at that time. His pair of eyes flickered towards the man who sat across him with a calm and patient face before a small frown replaced then.

“Is there something wrong?” asked that man with a slightly worried tone.

Kai let out a small breath before spoke then. “Are you sure about all of this? This is not a mistake, right?” asked him slowly with a small doubt, not knowing what to expect for an answer.

The man in front of him let out a small, breathless chuckle then before looking at Kai. “Everything that I’ve been investigating before is absolutely true. All the information that I get are based on trust-able sources. I’m not a kind of person who like to give uncertain and doubtful information to others. Plus, I want to give the best service for my client.” said the man which threw Kai in a deep silence after he finished his words. Kai took another look at the information inside the envelope as a deep sigh escaped from his mouth at the same time.

So, this explains why you behave that kind of way. God, if only I know - I shouldn’t act like that before. What have I done? The dark brown hair young man quietly thought in his mind, a deep sigh escaped from his mouth at the same time.

 

 

 

“Are you still not telling me where are we going?”

Mino glanced at his wife, a quick smile crept to his lip then. “If I tell you now, then it won’t be a surprise anymore, Joohyun.” answered him simply which made the golden hair woman scowled in result. “What’s with that face, baby?” asked Mino then in a playful tone, already knowing too well the reason though.

Irene let out a small sigh, pursing her lip then. “Can’t I at least get a hint?” she tried to persuade Mino, twinkling her pair of eyes at her husband in a cute, innocent way – hoping that Mino would give in to her.

A soft laugh escaped from Mino’s mouth then before he shook his head, firm with his own decision. “That’s not going to work on me, Mrs. Song.” Mino told Irene, smiling at his wife in such playfully, mischievous way. Irene eyed Mino for a moment then before raised one of her eyebrows then. “We’ll see about that, Mr. Song.” she replied back with a confidence, making a face then before following Mino into the building which Irene recognized it as a hotel and assumed that this place will be their accommodation during their vacation here.

Just like what Mino before this which kind of threw Irene in a quite surprise though; as she did not expect something like this happen.

We’re going to Australia? For what?

I want both of us to have a vacation together. You know – spending some time with you, only the two of us, Joohyun. Plus, with what happening to both of us before, I think it might be the best for us to get some quality time together. You and I know we’re both really need it. I just miss being with you without having anything else to worry about; just like the time when only the two of us at the log cabin before.

Honestly, Irene did not know what to think. The first thought that came into my mind, are we going to have our honeymoon? Or it mainly just a vacation like Mino said? That’s what playing in her mind when Mino suggested her about the vacation time for the two of them.

Thinking back, Irene realized that Mino and her never have a proper or an official honeymoon just like other married couple. She also did not know whether the time that both of them spend together before at the log cabin should be considered as their honeymoon or what.

Surely, it isn’t right? Or it is?

Irene wanted to just enjoy her time together with Mino alone like her husband said before and did not want to ruin the moment with her childish thoughts but, she really could not help but to think of it. Maybe she should just go on with the flow and waiting whatever it is that Mino planned for the two of them. That would be much better and less riskier for the golden hair woman though. She did not want to expect too much because it might break her own heart; knowing that what she expects and reality is not parallel at all.

 

 

This is crazy. Why I’m even doing this? He thought repeatedly in his mind, shaking his head when thinking about his action right now. He never done such a thing like this and to be honest, it’s like breaking his rules to just wait for someone which he also did not know whether it’s worth the wait or not.

It’s been almost an hour already since he waited for someone and being like a lost person at the college area. Kai did not know why the hell he actually doing all of this. What is the matter with him? What is wrong with him? Those questions; even himself could not find the answer.

Why?

The biggest question in his life lately. Why this? Why that? Too many whys to be answered but still, the dark brown hair young man could not figure it out the possible answers that he can comes out with. He also did not know why he even agreed with himself to do all of this despite the fact, he knows too well that he might just purely wasting his time or probably hurting his own damn self.

Kai noticed the glances from few students who passed by him; not to mention, the females one were even giving him a flirty smirk as they tried to catch his attention at that time. He did not want to brag but who wouldn’t steal second glances towards him though?

Being one of the famous and top players in ice hockey world, this kind of situation is not a big deal for someone like him. Plus, with his dashing appearance and not to mention, the flirty and charming characters, it’s not a surprise if many females love him to death. Besides, compared to Mino who also gives the same kind of aura only with a bit differences between the two of them and also the fact that he’s actually married; Kai does have an advantage in that part though between the females that come into his life.

If before, he would easily sweep the females’ heart that he interested with within just few minutes only just by his charm and sweet talking. But now, everything has changed.

He realized about it. Kai knows too well the reason why he slowly becoming someone that he never think he could ever be before. Someone that he also despise about it but at the same time, he felt grateful to become this new person of his. And it’s all because of that particular person.

All because of her; the mysterious young woman came into his life.

Kai did not know why and what is it exactly that pull him towards that young woman closer. By just looking at young woman appearance, she probably not the kind of woman that Kai usually be with. Confidence, y as hell and probably a high-class looking one. She? Everything about her is opposite from the list of characters that Kai wants for a dream woman in her life. She just too different apart from every woman that Kai had ever known before. From her appearance to her character which so mysterious for Kai – he could not help but to feel deadly curious about her.

There’s something about her that Kai did not know how to explain that make him wanting to know about that young woman even further. Every single detail about her. And that answer why he’s here at this college area right now, waiting for someone that might be able to help him get away from the curious feeling that he’s been feeling since the first time he knows and saw Ari before.

As if God is listening to his prayer, Kai’s pair of eyes immediately spotted a figure who was walking alone by himself – heading to the direction where Kai was waiting for the last one hour ago. Looking at him at that time, Kai assumed that the person probably just finished his class before and might be heading to another class or back home.

Closing his car door gently, Kai then made his way towards the person who seem in his own world; his eyes were fixed on the file that he was holding to as his expression looked focus at the same time.

“Excuse me?” the man wearing rectangular spectacles looked up then, a slight of smile slowly placed on his lip.

“Yes?” Tae Woo replied back in a polite way, looking at the man who probably age similar to him based on his young, stylish and modern, up to date appearance; standing right in front of him. He could not help but to feel amazed at the man standing in front of him who looked far way too cool and great compared to him. “I’m sorry for the sudden interrupting. My name is Kim Jongin and you can call me Kai, I much prefer it that way though. And of course, it’s my pleasure to finally meet with you.” Kai prompted the introduction first between him and that man.

Tae Woo slowly nodded his head as a respond before opened his mouth to speak then. “I’m Choi Tae Woo. It’s nice to meet with you too. I’m sorry to say this but I can’t put you in a picture or am I forgetting something?” Tae Woo asked nicely with a small frown on his face that could not be hidden as confusion build inside him then. If he’s not mistaken, he remembered well he never meet this man named Kai before or even know him.

For sure, someone like Kai enters his life – that will be something rare though. Even by a glance, Tae Woo could feel the difference level between him and that dark brown hair man.

A small smile pasted on Kai’s lip then. “Do you have some time? There’s something that I need to talk to you with. It’s crucial.” Tae Woo could hear the firmness behind Kai’s voice at that time, telling him that the man in front of him being serious and kind of profesional with him that moment.

He took a quick glance at his watch on his right wrist. There still some time before he needs to go to the library later on to do some research for his journal which the dateline is still few days away and the fact that he almost complete it – that’s not something to be worried too much though.

Kai tried to keep himself patience at that time; deep inside, he was hoping that Tae Woo will agree with his invitation before. The man with spectacles should be feeling lucky because it such a rare situation for him to go down with something like this. God, there is something wrong in my life, Kai mockingly thought towards himself. Just before he could get deeper into his own thoughts, Tae Woo’s voice pulled him back to the reality then – much to Kai’s pray, that man agreed to go with him though.

The two of them went to a nearby cafeteria which still located in the college area since Tae Woo the one who requested to not go further since he’s going to the library later on. Tae Woo noticed the quick glances threw by few female students once Kai and him stepped inside the cafeteria; few of them looked kind of surprised and startle expression displayed on their faces when they noticed Kai though which made Tae Woo in another wave of confusion.

He must be someone that popular enough to make the female students staring at him like that. Is he a student here too? Why I never hear about him? Maybe he’s a new one. Tae Woo thought as both of them took a seat at a corner in the cafeteria; a bit far away from the sea of people which gave them some privacy.

Kai purposely chosen to sit at the corner because if possible, he much prefer to have a talk with Tae Woo in more privacy place compared to this one. Since, Tae Woo insisted to just go nearby the college area, Kai did not have other choice except to go on with flow. Besides, the main reason why he came here is to meet with this man though. “I believe you know the person in this picture, right?” Kai asked in low tone, his hand handing a picture of someone that Tae Woo easily recognized with just a glimpse.

A frown displayed on Tae Woo’s face as his pair of eyes looked up to meet with Kai’s one. “How do you know her? Are you a friend of hers?” Tae Woo curiously asked, his forehead creased at the same time. “Actually, I don’t really know her. Plus, she also don’t know me and to be truth, we’re not even friends.”

“Then, how did you get Ari’s picture? Who are you exactly? Are you stalking on her?!” Tae Woo could not hide the anger, protective feeling inside him, thinking that this man in front of him might be disturbing Ari’s life. Kai let out a small sigh, shaking his head then. “No, I’m not stalking on her if that’s what make you worried. Like I said just now, I don’t really know Ari that much but it doesn’t mean, I don’t know her at all.” Kai defended himself then, hoping that Tae Woo won’t misunderstood what he’s trying to do.

Tae Woo raised one of his eyebrows then, staring at Kai long. “Then, who are you? What do you want from her? Don’t tell me the reason why you suddenly want to talk to me is because of her? If yes, then, I have nothing to tell you. I’m supposed you do understand the word ‘privacy’ right?” Kai tried to hold the annoyed feeling crept inside him when he felt Tae Woo was mocking him directly at the moment.

Seeing the spectacle man was about to walk away, Kai did not have other choice but to spilt the truth towards Tae Woo although he never want to do it and even think it as the last option at all. Tae Woo’s pair of eyes did give a fierce glare towards Kai before he rose up from his seat and was about to leave the table when Kai’s words made him stopped then.

“I come here to talk to you about Ari. Everything about her including her past that I believe the ‘privacy’ thing that you talked earlier, isn’t it? Or am I wrong?” Kai calmly murmured then, meeting with Tae Woo’s eyes who was staring at him in a complete surprise.

Kai’s lip twitched into a quick smile then before he continued more. “I’m not trying to threaten you or what. I came here nicely with no harm just to ask few questions about Ari. If you think I’m a bad person, surely, I won’t be here looking for you, right? Perhaps, right now, I’m working on how to expose this thing that I know. Am I right?” Tae Woo let out a disbelief scoff, looking at Kai with narrowed pair of eyes.

“Look, I don’t want to have a bloody tongue fight here or whatever bad thing is happen here. What I need right now is your cooperation. Please, this is really important to me. I need to know what I need to.” Kai’s voice became much lower, looking at Tae Woo with pleading one.

Tae Woo shook his head, staring at Kai in a big confusion and suspicious eyes. “Why do you even want to? Why do you even care about it? About her?” Tae Woo slightly asked back, demanding for an answer. “If only I can answer your question, then I won’t be here. I came here because you’re the only one that I know and ever seen with Ari before. Even before this, I never see Ari with any man apart from you. I just need to clarify something that have been playing in my mind lately and you’re the only one who can do that.”

“What is your relationship with Ari then if both of you don’t even know each other?”

Kai sighed then, pinching the bridge of his nose with his two fingers as he closed his eyes. “What if I tell you that my heart chasing for her? I’m sure you won’t believe me, right? You might even think I’m some kind of psycho who just stalking on her but I am telling the truth. Since I saw her that night at the night club, I can’t get her out of my mind. She always haunting me and whenever I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter