CH6

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
06 CHAPTER SIX  

Irene let out a deep sigh before shaking her head. Really, she already felt tired and fed up with all of this. Plus, with her exhausted condition, it did not seem to help the situation that happening at the moment.

 

“Irene, I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-”

“Just leave, Seulgi. I don’t want to talk right now. If you want to apologize, yes, I accept your apology. Now go and leave me alone. I need my own time and space.” Irene quietly mumbled, trying her best to speak in polite way towards Seulgi after what happened before.

Seulgi shook her head, quickly took both of Irene’s hand in her soft grip, holding them gently.

“No, I’m really sorry. I know you mad at me because of what happen and also for me accusing you. Trust me, Irene. I don’t mean to hurt your feeling. Please? Don’t do this. Just tell me anything and I will gladly do it.” Seulgi begged, kissing Irene’s hand few times before the twenty eight years old woman pulled her hands immediately.

“Then leave. That’s all I ask from you now.” Irene sternly said, looking at Seulgi in the eyes.

Seulgi bit her lip, feeling completely disappointed. God, if she knows that thing fight between Irene and her would happen, Seulgi would swear to God that she won’t argue with Irene before. This is all her fault. If only she just be more patient, surely Irene won’t act like this right now.

Now, she’s the one who in the trouble hole.

 

 

One of few things that he dislikes to happen in his life is when Mino needs to put up his mask act in front of everybody; telling the lies that he never feels like to do it but did not have any other choice except to just go on with the flow in order to avoid any suspicion from other people.

He truly hate it when there’s an event or something like that which requires to bring a date or partner along with him to the event. Because Mino absolutely know that he’s the only one that will come to the event without anyone along with him. For him, it’s a normal situation because he won’t be asking that wife of him for an invitation to go along with him for this kind of event or ceremony.

And that’s why the person named Song Mino came all alone for tonight event, where his hockey team decides to held a private party for all the players. Actually, this kind of situation is already familiar with Mino because sometimes his other playmates like to held a party just for fun or sometimes for celebrating a victory of their winning after a game or a competition.

Mino arrived at one of the famous and luxury touch beach resorts in the country almost nine in the evening. That night, he just decided to keep himself casual and comfortable by wearing a loose low cute V-neck grey shirt matched with his favorite black color biker jacket that he mostly wears it all the time. Not to forget, his also wore along the dark blue denim jeans for tonight event.

When Mino reached the place where the private event was held, he caught a sight where few of his other playmates already there, talking and at the same time joking around with each other. His lip formed a small curve line as he reached at his playmates, greeting them.

“I thought you’re not going to come.” said the one with light brown color hair.

“Well, here I am as you can see. Where’s the others anyway?” asked Mino then.

“Probably on their way already. You’re alone?” asked someone, looking at Mino. “Why? Do you see someone with me, bro?” Mino asked back which earned a small chuckle from his friend.

“Yeah, right. Anyway, it’s not just us who come to this party. Jennie is here too.” Mino’s friend continued more which made Mino’s forehead creased.

“Why would she be here? Isn’t this event only for players?” asked Mino in curiosity. His teammate, Jung Alex could only shove both of his shoulders. “Of course this event is supposed to be among us. I also don’t know why Jennie could be here. Maybe you know the reason.” Alex told Mino, throwing a meaningful smile along with a playful smirk on his face.

Mino let out a sarcastic laugh, shaking his head. “Yeah, that’s right, Alex. You think I don’t know behind that smile of yours?” Mino replied then.

Alex just chuckled then before apologizing towards Mino for his act seconds ago.

“Hyung!” Both, Alex and Mino turned around to see the owner of the voice which for Mino a very familiar one. Who else would be if it wasn’t Kai? The younger man never fails to impress other people especially the females with the way he dressed up. Kai was wearing his checkered black and dark green color shirt along with a simple brown color pants that night. Even with that simple wearing, women who he passed by still trying to steal few glances towards him despite the fact that he brought someone along with him to the event.

“Sorry if I’m late.” Kai firstly apologized, rubbing the back of his neck; his other hand was casually wrapped around the small, framed shoulder of the person stood next to him.

“Anyway, hyung, let me introduce you my date tonight.” Kai said, his lip forming that signature smile of him that usually works to every woman that he tries to flirt with. “This is Krystal. Krystal, meet my big brothers and also the best players of the team, Song Mino and Jung Alex.” Kai introduced both Mino and Alex towards the young woman named Krystal.

Alex smiled warmly at Krystal, offering his hand to hand shake with Krystal which she gladly accepted it, flashing her bright, sweet smile. Mino only threw a small smile, nodding his head in respond; a familiar scene for others who know him whenever they introduce someone towards Mino especially when it comes to females. Krystal who met Mino for the first time, embarrassedly pulled her hand after that, giving a light smile towards Mino.

As it was almost to half past nine, the private event finally started as officially since all the player members already arrived at the event. Although it was only a small and private one but for the well-known hockey team, it’s already enough for all of them since this event was held for fun and to spend some quality time among themselves apart from their hard time training.

“You come all alone, hyung?” Kai asked Mino when both of them were all alone.

“Why? Did you see I come here with someone?” Mino replied with a question also, raising one of his eyebrows towards Kai then. Kai let out a small chuckle, nodding his head then. “Yeah, right. Sorry for that. Don’t you want to have a dance or something? I saw you only sit here and eat and drink. You only talk when there is someone that you can talk to. Aren’t you bored, hyung?” asked Kai as he took one of the seats around the round shaped table, next to Mino.

“I prefer it like this. Where’s your date anyway?” asked Mino, wanting to change the topic of their conversation.

Kai pointed with his mouth towards a direction. “She said that she needs to go to the ladies. Actually, that’s a good thing, hyung because somehow I felt airless with her wanting to cling on me 24/7. Yeah, I know that I’ve brought her here as my date but God, she should know the boundaries too.” Kai expressed in low voice, lazily rolling his pair of eyes.

Mino let out a small chuckle. “You really are something. When you’re going to change, you little punk?” Mino threw a not so glare towards Kai.

Kai just shrugged, smiling his so innocence smile. “Hyung, you know me, right? Besides, it’s not me the one who chase after them. They the one who need me. I’m just going with the flow.” Kai explained then which earned a smack on his shoulder from Mino.

“Yeah, right. I think you’re going to end up being a lone ranger until the day you die.”

Kai threw a look towards Mino then. “Hyung, you’re so straightforward. At least, pray for me to find someone who can set my heart fix.” Kai muttered towards the one year older man sitting beside him. “Even if I pray so hard, Kai, it you still be like the way you are right now, what’s the point then? Making changes need to start from yourself. You want to change yet you still with the same old of you. Is it possible for what you wish for to come true?” Mino mumbled in low voice, shaking his head then.

“Wow, you’re telling me this, hyung? Why? Is something good happen in your life recently? Anyway, why don’t you bring your wife along with you, hyung? You know that we should bring someone along to this event, right?” Kai suddenly asked the question that the last thing Mino wanted to hear for tonight. This kid.

“She’s busy.” Mino simply answered, his voice sounded firm and hard as if telling Kai that he did not want to talk about this kind of topic.

“Are you sure, hyung?” Mino ‘s forehead creased as he listened to Kai’s question.

What’s wrong with this kid actually? He silently thought. “Look who’s coming.” Kai quickly continued his words when he realized Mino was staring at him, his mouth once again pointing towards a direction where they could see if there’s any other people who come to this event despite being the late one.

Mino turned his face around to see where Kai was also looking, his pair of eyes fluttered open in shock looking at a very familiar figure who unfortunately at the same time met with his eyes, that person’s lip twitched into a small curve, smiling at him a meaningful smile.

 

 

“Mino, you didn’t tell us that your beautiful wife is coming to this event also. I thought you said that your wife couldn’t make it.” one of them spoke, laughing then.

Mino could only smile in return, did not know what to say at that moment.

“Actually, I’ve got something to do before. That’s why I told him to say that I could not make it. Well – since the work already done, I came straight away from the office to be here.”

The others nodded their head in respond, smiling at Irene’s direction. To be honest, this might probably the first time they ever see Mino’s wife with their own eyes. It’s not like they didn't met her before but it was so hard to remember the last time they met with Irene; as if they had met with her before this. Besides, knowing how Mino’s character is, they already understand why actually.

“So, Irene… Irene, isn't it? Am I right?” this time Alex the one who opened his mouth.

Irene nodded her head slowly, throwing her angelic, sweet smile. “I guess this is the first time you meet with all of us, right? I think I know why Mino did not want to introduce you to all of us. Your beauty is seriously like a goddess. Are you sure you’re not an angel from the heaven?” Alex joked around, laughing before let out a small scream when his fiancée who stood next to him pinched his arms then; causing a roar of laughter from the group.

“Well, thank you, Mr. Jung. That’s really nice of you. I’m glad to meet with all of you. I guess my husband really did not want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter