CH2

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
02 CHAPTER TWO  

Her small thin lip curved into a grin, her eyes sparkled with excitement seeing the hand writing on the card that she read just few seconds ago. Before she could even think about anything else, her cell phone rang then; the ringtone echoed in her office room.

 

Irene quickly half ran towards her cell phone, answering the call without looking at the screen.

“Hello?” she greeted breathlessly, running out a breath.

A soft chuckle heard at the other line before a voice spoke then. “Why you’re sound like someone who just finished a marathon?” asked the person, still chuckling.

Irene smiled then, taking a seat on the couch in front of her table. “What are you’re doing? Do you receive anything for today? Perhaps a bouquet of fresh white, pink and red roses?” the person on the other line added more, which in result making Irene giggled in happiness.

“Hmm, well, let’s see. I do receive a bouquet of fresh roses but I don’t know who the sender is. Who do you think it might be?” she purposely pretending for not knowing although deep inside the sender of the roses is so familiar within in her life.

Seulgi let out a hard laugh, shaking her head. She’s currently at her house, relaxing herself with the aroma therapy in her room, lying flat on her stomach on her queen sized bed.

“So, do you like it?” she asked few minutes later, biting her lip in anticipation.

Irene pursed her lip, pretending to take some time to answer Seulgi’s question. “What if I say that I don’t like it? And why do you send me roses anyway?” she asked Seulgi back, wanting to know her answer.

A smile made it way to Seulgi’s lips, her fingers were twirling her shiny dark black hair color playfully. Anyone who see her state right now probably think that she’s currently on a call with her special one. “You know why, Irene. Don’t you know what roses mean when someone send it to you?” Seulgi stated, smiling a meaningful smile.

Irene puckered her lip, feeling trap with Seulgi’s question. “I miss you, Irene.” Irene heard Seulgi quietly murmured on the phone, her inner feelings felt vibrated when she heard Seulgi’s confession. She bit her lip, trying to hold herself together.

Damn, this woman. Irene silently thought in her mind.

Before she could open to speak again, a soft knock was heard making her quickly realized her situation at this moment. She’s still at her office and how silly she was forgetting about that?! Clearing , Irene asked the person to come in, to find her assistant stood at the front door of her office room.

“Yes, Elaine? What is it?” she asked, looking at her assistant who seemed hesitate to talk the reason why she knocked her door earlier.

“Sorry for interrupting you, ma’am. But, there’s someone here to meet you. She said she already made an appointment with you few weeks ago.” Elaine murmured softly, giving Irene a small smile on her lip.

Irene made an ‘O’ expression before nodding her head then. “Just give me few minutes. I need to clear my work table and I will tell you later to bring the client into my room, okay?” Irene told Elaine which she nodded her head before leaving Irene all alone again in her room.

A relief sigh escaped from Irene’s mouth before she turned her attention back to her cell phone, feeling touched knowing that Seulgi was still waiting for her at the other of line even though she disappeared from a moment seconds ago.

“What was that? Am I disturbing you? Are you busy right now?” Irene heard Seulgi asked her few questions, her voice sounded concerned.

She chuckled then, smoothing her golden blonde hair with her fingers. “No, you’re not. It just that I have an appointment with my client after this. Is it okay for me to hung up? We’ll talk later again, okay?” she mumbled, hoping that Seulgi would not be too disappointed.

Seulgi frowned a bit, sighing then. Why every time both of them have some free time together to connect with each other, there’s always some disturbance that comes between both of them? It’s not like both of them could see each other that often due to the fact that both of them live at a different area in this country. However, the long distance never stop this two people to continue their bonding together; more specifically their relationship.

“Sorry, Seulgi. I have to go now. I’ll promise I will make up to you later, okay? Got to go now, bye!” Irene said quickly before hanging up her phone then.

She pursed her lip in guiltiness, hoping that Seulgi won’t be mad at her for suddenly ending their not so long conversation. Taking a deep long breath, Irene then stood up from the couch, casually smoothing her upper knee-length A-line skirt before made her way towards her table; the sound of her violet color four inches pumps clicking on the floor echoed in the room then.

Taking out her compact powder from her structured design bag, Irene looked at her own reflection at the small square sized mirror in the compact powder. Her fingers fixed few of her loosen locks that began to trail down at both side of her face, her hair was tied into a high ponytail which gave an access view for other people to have a better look at her flawless, fair skin of her nape.

Irene applied some of her favorite lipstick on her thin lip; a scarlet color one. She smiled looking at herself in satisfaction before taking some time to clear up her table then. Few minutes later, as she told her assistant before, Irene asked Elaine to tell the client that made an appointment with her today to come into her room. Putting her signature smile when she always pasted on her lip whenever she meets with her client, Irene hoped that this meeting will be running smoothly as the other meetings are.

 

 

Mino let out a heavy sigh, shaking his head in dismay. Too late to regret for agreeing with Kai to come along with him to this night club. Mino did not know why that young man who is one year younger than him always loves to go to club and spends his time till the half of midnight life. Sometimes, Kai will just spend almost all of his night life at any club that the younger man feels like he wants to go.

His eyes wondered around the noisy, crowded with beehive situation occurred in the exclusive club at the moment. He did not have to pretend for not noticing the stares and flirtatious gaze coming from a few bunch of females who were lingering around the club, dressed in almost appearance. To be honest, Mino also did not know the reason why he agreed earlier to come to this club along with Kai.

Maybe because the younger man was pleading nonstop at him before; telling him that he needed to loosen up himself a little bit and enjoy some of his time here in this club. Plus, it’s not like an always come of opportunity for them to come here and crash into this one of the exclusive, high class clubs in this country.

It’s been like few days had passed since the first day Mino and his hockey team arrived at the international airport of Canada. All of them currently are in their training and practicing session for these past few weeks since one of the biggest hockey competition in South Korea will be held within two weeks from now. Although Mino and his hockey team have been winning this upcoming competition for the past two years continuously, that didn’t mean that the hockey team will just sit down and doing nothing.

Despite the fact that the team has won many competition before including the national one in South Korea, this hockey team loves to keep among themselves in such a humble personality. Besides, if it wasn’t the cooperation among the members and the hard works that all of them have achieved together, the team won’t be reached at a high peak of their career as an ice hockey player.

Mino rolled his eyes in annoyance, deciding to take some time alone from this chaotic atmosphere and not to mention, the fully packed of people in this club making the space became more limited and smaller than he ever thought. Passing few people on his way out, Mino had to restrain himself for not just yelling off to few females who grinded shamelessly onto him, trying to attract him to dance with them at the dance floor.

off, es. Mino cursed under his breath, shaking his head in dismay.

Rolling his eyes angrily, Mino did not care if people addressed him as the cold, heartless man because that is the truth about him. He’s not that type of man who easily give in themselves for a stranger that he also don’t know who the hell is them. Rather than just sleeping around with any woman, Mino much prefers himself to stick alone all by himself although sometimes he could just not stand people around him who do not know much about him; accused him for being a gay or something like that.

He took out a cigarette from his pocket, lightning it up with a lighter that he always brings with him whenever he has a cigarette stock with him, before putting it between his full lip that most his female fans have been crazy and like about him.

Among his other hockey playmates, Mino and Kai are the most popular one compared to the others players. Probably because of their dashing and handsome looks that make most females fell over both of them especially Mino. Mino is the one who has this type of cool and charisma aura lingered around him. Plus, he always has this arrogant, almost like selfish expression that always plastered on his precious handsome face and not to mention, his lip that hardly to form any smile.

Puffing out smoke, Mino leaned his body against the brick wall of a building located right next where the exclusive club located. Feeling coldness of the night, Mino looked up to the sky, seeing the dark, wide horizon up there; few stars were shining brightly that night.

Losing in his own thoughts, Mino’s mind reminded back to the scene where he was presented with a news that changed his life upside down.

 

 

“Mom, please. I’m too young to get married with someone at this moment!”

Mino protested in disagreement. He stared at his mother before flickered his pair of eyes towards his father who seated beside his mother on the couch.

“Mom, dad. Are you guys joking with me right now because it’s not funny at all. Not at all!” Mino said in serious voice, his expression was unreadable. His eyes fixed towards the two people sitting right in front of him, both of them still not saying anything after telling Mino about the ‘news’.

Mrs. Song sighed then, glancing at her son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter