CH38

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
38 CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT  

The sound of my cell phone ringing across the room alerted me from my moment – packaging and checking the luggage and other stuffs since tomorrow we will be leaving this Florence city and head up to another destination which of course, I keep it as a secret from Joohyun. I couldn’t believe that she actually bought my word; thinking that both of us will fly back to Seoul tomorrow and end up our honeymoon vacation.

 

If only she knows the truth.

I skipped myself towards the other side of the room, grabbing my phone and checking the caller ID first before eventually answer the call.

“Hello?” I greeted with a short breath.

“Took you long enough to answer the phone, hyung. Am I disturbing your moment with Irene noona?” I heard Kai asked, his voice hinted with a guilt inside it. “Actually, I’m packaging stuff for tomorrow. You know, do some checklist before leaving.” I told Kai the truth.

Kai replied with a question then. “Oh, you’re already coming back home, hyung? That’s really quick for a honeymoon vacation. I thought you’re going to spend more time with Irene noona just like what you told me before both of you flew to Australia.”

I shook my head slowly, knowing that Kai could not see me doing that though. “It doesn’t mean I’m coming back home even though I’m leaving tomorrow. Of course, we’re going to head to another destination tomorrow. It just that Joohyun doesn’t know about this though.” I quietly muttered – at the same time, my eyes flickered towards the bathroom where Joohyun is inside.

Not wanting to take up the risk with Joohyun knowing about my secret surprise for her, I walked towards the balcony then, closing the sliding window behind me as I listened to what Kai was saying. “I bet Irene noona thought both of you are leaving to Seoul tomorrow, right? So, where is the next destination going to be?”

“That’s none of your business to know.” Kai let out a laugh as a result then. “Okay, hyung. That is one harsh answer. But, never mind, I’ve already used to it.” I rolled my eyes as I heard Kai chuckled playfully at the other line. My ears caught the sound of the bathroom door being opened as I turned around to see Joohyun walked out from the bathroom before she disappeared from my sight seconds later.

“Anyway, hyung, I hope you’re enjoying your time there with Irene noona. Both of you require it somehow especially after what happened.” my lip turned into a wider grin as I listened to Kai’s sincere words. Despite that sometime Kai’s act can throw me into an irritation but still, I can’t deny that he’s right when he said that he probably the one that understand me the most as a friend of mine.

Both of us continued to talk about few things when suddenly I blurted out a question which I didn’t expect it to come from me actually. “How are you doing with that mysterious woman of yours? Her name is Ari, right?” I asked, trying to remember back the young woman that Kai and I once talked before. A mysterious young woman that till today I never meet her but listening to Kai’s story about her, that person named Ari is seriously one cryptic person.

Somehow, listening to Kai’s story about Ari reminded me of myself a little bit.

It took a silence of moment between us and regret filled me in after that, when I realized that I probably shouldn’t bring up that topic into our conversation. Now that I remembered back, I noticed that Kai had been quiet about that person named Ari. I wondered what really happened between the two of them or more specifically towards Kai.

To be truth, this is seriously the first time I saw Kai acting this kind of way. Believe or not, at first, I also thought that it just a matter of time when he told me about Ari – someone who can make his world becomes upside down. I already used to him saying ‘this and that’ whenever he meets someone who he thinks he can flirt with. In my point of view and also as his close friend; honestly, I dislike the way he treats woman as his toy or something like that. I’ve seen the way he treated women before and yeah, I despise it.

I did try to advise him but of course, he just went off with that playful way of him and turned out, my advice seem like a proper waste for him. Plus, I’m not the only who tried that, there’s also few of my other teammates even tried the same way like I did but still, it just the same.

And because of that, all of us decided that it’s up to that young man to think about his life. It such a waste to change a person no matter how hard you try because if that person that you want to change doesn’t want to help himself, literally, it just a pure waste of time and energy in doing that.

“Hyung?” Kai’s voice pulled me back from my own thought as I realized that I’m still in the conversation with him on the phone. “Yeah? I’m still here in case if you think I’m hanging up on you.” I replied as I leaned myself forward against the balcony, looking at the night view of the beautiful city.

Kai sighed quietly at the other side of the line before he talked again then. “I don’t know what to do more, hyung. Seriously, I feel like giving up. No matter how hard I try to get closer to her, she always find a way to keep herself distance from me. Is it so hard to give me a chance to be friend with her?” Kai asked me a question that seem like he’s asking himself at the same time.

I my lip, thinking for a moment so that, I could give the best answer to answer Kai’s question. “Maybe it’s time you should stop chasing her.”

There was a nick of silence between the two of us. “What do you mean by that, hyung?” Kai’s voice sounded surprise with my absurd suggestion. “What I mean is that, maybe if you stop chasing her almost all of the time – give her some time alone, I’m pretty sure she will be wondering why you suddenly gone. Because, you always come back to her no matter what, right? So, why don’t this time you try to avoid her? I know it sounds nonsense but who knows it might work. Sometimes, you need to let go to see whether something is worth for you or not, Kai. If it doesn’t come back, that mean she’s not worth it for you.” I explained to him carefully, hoping that he gets it what I’m trying to say.

“But, what if she’s the one, hyung? Besides, you’re the one who always tell me that someday I will find someone that makes my life go crazy. And that person will change me, the way I am from what I’d always use to be. Right now, she’s the one that I see can do all of the things that you talked to me before.” Kai said to me, protesting against the suggestion that I gave to him earlier.

I closed my eyes as I let out a deep sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose then. “Kai, I didn’t ask you to leave her at all cost. What I’m trying to imply here is that, you need to give some time not just for her but also yourself. Have you ever think at once why she always push you out? Maybe she has a reason why she’s doing that. Don’t you think it kind of weird that you have been trying more like few months already but still, she never once let you in? I’m certain that you’re not the reason shy acts like that. There must be other reason why and that reason is not you, Kai. Do you understand now?” I almost brought myself to anger while explaining, tried to calm myself down then.

Kai did not say anything then, only kept himself silence for few minutes long before I heard my own voice talking again on the phone. “Look, Kai, I don’t want to interfere your personal life especially when it comes something like this. Honestly, I’m not someone who expert in this kind of thing too. But, I can give you something from what I learnt based on my own experience. Sorry if I’m being harsh on you.” I apologized as I muttered.

“That’s okay, hyung. I told you, right that I’m used to everything that you do to me including being scolded by you, haha.” Kai said with a small laugh coming after that. I let out a groan before rolling my eyes as a result. “Thanks anyway for the advice, hyung. I think I already steal you enough from Irene noona. See you when I see you, hyung! Bye!” Kai said in loud voice before hanging up seconds later.

I could only shake my head in respond before few minutes later, finding myself walking back into the room where Joohyun’s voice suddenly greeted me.

“Who is it that you’re talking to so long?” Joohyun asked without looking at me. I turned to glance at her before opened my mouth to answer. “Kai.” she made an ‘O’ form on her rosy red lip before nodding her head slowly then. “Is something wrong?” she asked more.

I walked closer towards her before hugging her small figure from behind, smelling her shampoo scent as I kissed her head softly. “Nothing much. Just a guy talk, that’s all. Are you going to sleep now?” I asked her then. Joohyun nodded her head as she leaned herself against my chest, playing with my fingers that wrapped around her small waist. “I don’t want us to be late for tomorrow leaving.” she simply replied.

“You go sleep first, okay? I’ll still need to finish checking our things before leaving tomorrow. Don’t want to miss out anything, right?” Joohyun let out a small chuckle, nodding her head as she agreed with my words before turned herself around, giving me a goodnight kiss on my lip then. “Do you need some help? I can lend my hands.” she added more, volunteered herself to help me packaging our stuffs.

I shook my head slowly, half smiling at her then. “Okay then. Don’t take too long. And don’t overdo yourself, okay?” she reminded me as she pressed another kiss on my lip. I lightly smiled at her before planting a soft brush on her forehead then. “Goodnight, baby.” she only hummed in respond before walking towards the bed, crawling on top of it as she snuggled herself into the warm comforter.

I only let the table lamp from the mini living room area switched on to light up the room as I continued to finish my work then. A moment later after feeling satisfied with everything, I finally switched off the lamp, letting the light ray coming from the outside source pierced into our room as I found myself next to Joohyun then, kissing her cheek before I also slowly drifted into sleep.

 

 

Before both of us leaving the Florence city, we first went to Fiesole by taking the bus; a number seven one from San Marco piazza in Florence and since Fiesole is the last stop, it just made thing much easier for us. Since Fiesole is just a small area, the two of us just strolled around only by foot because it will save time by doing that rather than renting a car or something. It reminded me back when the two of us paid a visit to Cortona before since we also highly suggest to just go by our foot rather than driving or what.

There’s nothing much to see except for few historical buildings and also scenery views that seem beautiful enough to take pictures with the view background on it. Joohyun insisted to take few pictures of me since throughout our vacation here in Florence, I realized that I only took pictures of Joohyun and few spectacular scenery view that I found so enchanting and such a waste if I didn’t take a moment to capture the breathtaking of mother nature look.

Honestly, I’m not really a picture person. I like to capture others moment but not myself. It just a habit of mine that my mother acknowledged and told me when I’m much younger before. Even when I was a kid before, it was hard enough to ask me to take a picture of myself because I simply don’t like it much. I also don’t have any idea why I’m acting that way. It’s weird but deal with it, people.

But still, I do take pictures especially since I involve in the ice hockey team. Sometimes, there’s a situation whether I like it or not, I have to force myself to just go on with the flow. Plus, it will be much easier not for others but also myself because I also not intend to explain why I’m behaving that kind of way.

What I love the most in Fiesole is probably the Roman theater. The overall view is great and I like the historical leftover building and not to mention, the green scenery around the building area that makes the place more stands out with its own charm and character.

Both of us had our breakfast first at Fiesole before later on, we took the bus again to return back to Florence so that, we can take the train to go to the next destination. Still, Joohyun thought both of us are going to leave Italy soon since she always talk about how sad she feels to leave the city of Florence.

I actually expect that Joohyun could figure out that we’re not heading back home to Seoul yet when I bought the ticket to board on the train to go to our next destination. I was taken aback when she asked me if we’re going to take the train to go to the main airport. I did not say anything though, only to smile at my wife in respond. Don’t worry, baby. You will find out soon what coming for you. I silently said in my mind as the two of us board into the train from Florence towards our next destination.

The journey was long though. Joohyun felt asleep by my side and I took the long ride to read the book that I brought along with me during this vacation. Even when I went to overseas before for training program, I always bring few books with me because rather than waste my time without doing anything, I spend my time reading usually when I have some free time or sometimes before I go to sleep.

But, since I mostly feel exhausted and worn out after having my practices and training, I usually read when I’m having my free time or just to fill in my leisure time with something useful and having benefits from it. Kai once mocked me by saying that I’m such a boring and plain person because of my other side of character. When Joohyun found out that reading is one of my hobbies during my leisure time, she was also surprised because she did not expect I would have that such of hobby judging by the way myself and also my life. She thought that I really into my ice hockey thing and rather than reading books, Joohyun assumed that I spend my free time with practicing or something related to ice hockey.

After having such a long ride, the train finally reached at the destination where I already plan to bring Joohyun as a surprise since she still clueless from what I’ve been hiding from her. She was half awake and sleepy from the journey to here, a confusion look appeared on her face as her pair of eyes wondered around, looking at the surrounding.

“Shouldn’t we stop at an airport or something? Or are we going to transit first and take another train?” Joohyun asked me as we climbed off from the train then. I took care of our belongings first, making sure to have it all before both of us walked from the train station to find a ride to go to the hotel that I have made a reservation before even coming here in Italy. Finally, while waiting for the ride, I turned to look at Joohyun who still patiently waiting for me to answer the confusion inside her mind. Honestly, I think she looked cute when she being all blurry and not knowing what’s going on.

“You still don’t figure it out?”

She looked at me with a crease on her forehead. “Figure what?” she asked me back.

“We’re still in Italy, baby. And the truth is, we’re not leaving this country yet. Right now, we are at Verona.” Joohyun looked at me as if I was pulling a joke with her. “We’re not going home yet, Joohyun. We still here, having our honeymoon vacation.” this time, her eyes grew bigger as she stared at me with shock expression.

“Is… Is this for real? You’re not tricking me, right? Are you being serious, Mino?” she asked me with disbelief look, too shock probably to believe that what I’m telling her is actually real and the truth.

I nodded my head before taking her hand into my grip, smiling as I found how perfect our hand fit together in each other. “I’m not joking, Joohyun. I’m telling the truth. I purposely did not want to tell you because I want you to figure out by yourself. I did not expect that you’re thinking we’re going home already.” I told her before letting out a small chuckle, shaking my head as I did.

“But, you’re the one who told me we’re leaving!” she complained, pouting at me with that puckered lip of hers. I tried to hold my laugh as I shook my head then. “Yes, I did. But, I didn’t tell you we’re leaving back to go home.” I replied back casually which made her silence temporarily.

Joohyun eyed me for a long time and before she could open , our ride already arrived then. It did not take long enough for us to reach the hotel that we’re going to stay along our visit at Verona. The hotel that we’re going to stay is known as Byblos Art Hotel – a hotel that at first glance you may think it is an art museum but actually, it is not. It also may look like an art gallery due to its artistic style that applied to every inch of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter