CH14

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
14 CHAPTER FOURTEEN  

“Jinah, please tell me the truth. You’re lying, right?” I caught Jinah’s arm before she could barely escape, holding it tightly in my grip so that she won’t go away without answering me first.

 

Jinah let out a chuckle then before taking a small seat at the edge of bed where I was lying at the moment. “Irene, I am telling the truth to you! Right now. Why would I lie to you? It’s not like I gain something beneficial if I do that. Why? You don’t believe me?” Jinah asked me, looking at me curiously.

I pressed my lip together, feeling completely shock.

It can’t be true. No way, he would be here last night. I’m positively sure that I was dreaming about him; all over again like I used to lately. I’m certain that he wasn’t real last night. Am I too drunk last night – that I could not even distinguish between fantasy or reality?

“You know what, why don’t you take a bath first? Clean up yourself. And when you done doing that, go to the kitchen. I’ll wait for you there.” Jinah murmured in soft voice, smiling at me an assuring, mother-like smile. Sometimes, I felt like I’m a small child when I’m with my friend. The way Jinah takes care of me sometimes really make me think that I’m a little baby with her mother.

“Are you going to cook for me?” I asked Jinah, clearing my throat then. She threw a small smile at me. “You will know later. I’ll wait for you in the kitchen, okay?” I slowly nodded my head, looking at with my eyes till the moment she closed the door room then.

I let out a small sigh, holding my head then. God, I shouldn’t been drinking too much last night. Now look what happen. I knew too well that when it comes to drink, I won’t be able to restrain myself once I throw myself into the situation. Well, that’s not the worst. The worst is the latter part; the hangover feeling.

Damn.

Carefully, I crawled out from the bed, feeling my vision spinning as I took my first step on the floor. I tried to steady myself by holding to the bed’s edge, shutting my eyes in respond. Before I could think further, I already ran myself towards the bathroom, throwing up myself all over again.

Oh God, when will all of this end?

 

 

I blinked my eyes few times, my mouth hang open in a gasp as I stared down at the food served perfectly on the dining table in front of me. My eyes flickered towards Jinah, curiosity killed me the most.

“How did you manage to cook all of this in a short period of time? I just took less than twenty minutes to take a shower, not an hour, you know.” I mumbled quietly at her, taking a seat then.

Jinah laughed then, shaking her head as she did. “You’re right, Irene. How can I manage to cook all of this in a short period of time, right?” she threw me back the same question I asked her which made me rolling my eyes, taking the glass of lime and lemon water on the table before taking a sip of it. That felt much better.

I ignored Jinah for a moment, taking my time to appreciate the food that looked mouthwatering for me to eat. Maybe because I felt hungry and being a picky eater at this moment thanks to my unwell condition, I decided to just give in myself for the food or else I’m going to end up being weaker later on. I mixed the seaweed soup with some rice before taking my first bite then.

“Wow. This is really good.” I muttered under my breath before taking another bite then.

I seriously think that this seaweed soup somehow ease my hangover a little. And the taste of it is seriously no joke. I looked up at Jinah then who was playing with her phone at the moment, swallowing the food in my mouth before began to speak then.

“Do you really cook this? Honestly saying, this is very delicious. Why don’t you never cook me something like this before when I come to your place?” I questioned Jinah, staring at her before scooping another spoon of rice with some egg, feeding myself again.

Jinah creased her forehead. “It wasn’t my cooking. Irene, you’re the one who ask me how on earth I can make all of this in a short time. Do you think I’m the one who cook all of this?” I slowly nodded my head then. “God, you’re so dumb sometimes, you know. It’s not me the one who did all of this – he’s the one who cooked all of this before left before. I’m only reheating it for you to eat.”

My eyes widen as I heard the words coming out from Jinah’s mouth.

WHAT?!

“Since we’re talking about him right now, I just need to clarify something with you. Your husband is here last night, Irene. He’s the one who carry you inside and God knows what he did to you after that. And today, when I called you to check upon your condition, he’s the one who picked it up. He asked me to come over to look after you since he needed to head somewhere else – an emergency he said. So that’s why I’m here, taking after you. Basically, your husband did everything actually.” Jinah explained, looking at me in a fixed gaze.

I swallowed hard, could not believe my ears for what I heard just now.

“I don’t believe it…” I murmured quietly, staring at the food that I just ate before.

“Believe it, Irene. You know what? There’s something that I don’t get it with both of you. You told me that he doesn’t care about you and hates you, Irene. But from what I’ve seen, it’s the opposite. If he really doesn’t care about you, then why would he hardly did all of this? For you.” Jinah spoke quietly as she was looking at me under her lashes.

I looked at my friend – long enough that I had to force myself to look away then, shaking my head in disbelief. I seriously could not believe all of this. I could not throw myself to believe in this situation that seem hard for me to accept it just like that. Even more, I could not believe what’s happening currently.

“But Jinah, we’re both-”

Jinah raised one of her eyebrows, looking at me. “What? What’s wrong with you both? Irene, I’m not going to say this but I found it weird when you looked so surprise when I told you that your husband is the one who responsible for all of this. Why you look so shocked actually?” Jinah asked me with curiosity.

I pressed my lip together, biting it then. Suddenly, I did not feel like to eat anymore neither to talk to Jinah right now. I just could not believe what I heard – that’s all. All of this just too sudden for me to swallow it. I did not know whether I can trust my friend; maybe she just lying to make me felt comfortable or something. Or probably just trying to comfort me since what I’ve told her last night when I was drunk.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, Jinah’s phone suddenly rang; both of us turned our attention to her phone almost at the same time. I noticed Jinah’s face looked slightly startled for a moment before turned into an amusement which struck me into a deep curiosity.

“Ahh, yes – I’m still here. Oh, really? Okay then, no problem. You’re welcome.” I heard Jinah saying, her lip curved into a huge grin, flashing her teeth with a bright smile. I wondered to whom she’s speaking at the moment.

Seconds later, Jinah hang up then before turning her attention towards me then, her lip was smiling at me that meaningful smile.

“Well then, I’ll guess I let you settle this by yourself. That curiosity of yours? You can solve it after this, okay?” Jinah told me, wriggling both of her eyebrows at me. I frowned, did not understand the meaning of her words. “What do you mean?” I asked Jinah, my forehead creased in confusion.

Jinah gave me a small smile. “That means, your husband is on his way here. He’s coming home. Isn’t that good? I don’t need to take care of you anymore.” she jokingly said, chuckling all by herself. I didn’t though. Instead of listening to her, my mind was already filled with nervousness and anticipation. All the feelings playing inside me began to mix with each other as I hardly to breathe; not knowing what to do later on.

 

 

“She seems okay before though. I don’t know why suddenly she throw up again. Maybe you should bring her to a clinic, Mino. You know, for precaution.”

I squeezed shut my eyes tighter, did not want to hear the conversation that currently took place in the room where I was lying on the bed; just like my friend, Jinah told him that I threw up again out of blue without any notice. Of course, I also did not know why that happened.

Maybe because I’m too surprised with what’s going around me probably. I just could not believe that I have to go through a freaking day with lot of things happen.

“Has she eaten? Did she take the medicine?” I barely heard he was asking towards Jinah in low voice.

“Already did. But like I said, she vomited it back. She managed to finish half of the food that you prepared for her though. I did not expect that this hangover of hers could be this worst. Of course, I knew how bad she can be when she’s been drinking but not like this. This is probably the worst that I’ve seen so far.” Jinah carefully explained towards him.

He did not say anything after that and I also did not know what happen because the painful headache that I thought going to well came back to me. Damn, it felt so hurt as if my head going to burst soon. I suddenly thought about how many drinks that I took last night actually; that made me felt like a ing hell right now.

Stupid hangover!

 

 

I did not know when I’ve fallen asleep but I was awake when I felt a soft shake on my shoulder along with a familiar voice; asking me to wake up. I groaned then; protesting for not wanting to open my eyes at the moment. God, my throat felt so weird and raw and I could feel that my body temperature is rising inside.

Am I having a fever?

God, please no. Not right now.

“Joohyun, wake up. Joohyun, can you hear me? Joohyun.” I heard him calling for me, softly shaking my body. I tried to open my eyes; only successful with half of my eyelids opened though. My vision was blurry and the dark surrounding inside the room did not help me at all to recognize his face. I felt the back of his palm touched my forehead and contact between his cold skin and mine made me shivering in return.

“Can you wake up, please, Joohyun? I’m going to take you to the clinic. You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter