CH5

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
05 CHAPTER FIVE  

She chewed her lip in dismay, totally feeling upset after the conversation that she had earlier.

 

What’s wrong with her? She’s never acts like this.

She asked herself, curiosity sparked inside her mind. It’s true after all. Kang Seulgi took a sip of the newly made hot red tea that she kindly asked one of her officemates to buy it for her during lunch break. She did not have any appetite at the moment to eat something.

Plus, with someone that just gave her a call earlier whom at first made her woman’s heart flutter for the first part but in the end, ended up crushing like a shatter glass.

Seulgi could not believe her ears of what she heard from the woman’s voice that called her earlier.

“I can’t come to you frequently just like I used to. I hope you understand. It’s not like I’m trying to make us apart but I have so many things here and maybe giving some break and space will be better for both of us. If there’s anything, just drop a message or call me. But please, try to avoid from seeing me at this moment. You know why, right?”

Her voice was flat and not to mention a bit cold to Seulgi’s view.

It’s been like almost a month since the last time Seulgi met Irene. And God knows how ing hell she’s been missing that goddess human creature. Everything about her that’s what make Seulgi for a person named Irene.

Call her pathetic or an obsession but that’s what her true feeling says. She’s in love with that woman since the first time she laid her eyes on her. Her beauty is seriously a great gift from God towards her. Her fair, porcelain skin along with the gentleness and innocence-looking face that makes Irene is Irene. Yes, Seulgi admitted that Irene’s body is not that super-hot like those models that selected to advertise lingerie in magazines or any billboard along the street; but for Kang Seulgi, she’s the ever perfect woman that Seulgi ever meets in her life.

Although the first time she known Irene; that goddess seems to be like an arrogant, high-class person; Seulgi never feels relieve or any happier when she got the chance to be friend with Irene. Who knows that the patience she had before somehow rewarding her with a relationship that she never expects that Irene would possibly agree with. It sounds stupid and nonsense but Seulgi did not care about it or whatsoever.

For her, having Irene as someone who she calls as ‘someone special’ already make her felt grateful and could not be any happier than this. The only problem for their relationship is that Irene still insisted with her decision that she did not want any other people acknowledge about their forbidden relationship although Seulgi thought the opposite way. What’s the point in hiding a relationship if it’s make you happy? Just because they both in love with the same gender, that’s doesn’t make both Seulgi and Irene different from other people.

Or that’s what only Seulgi thought, not the other person named Irene.

Sometimes, Seulgi felt like she’s the only one who loves Irene more than anything in her world. Irene on the other side did not seem into the relationship that much like Seulgi does. Having physical contact with Irene is fine but a kiss or any similar category in that is seriously a no-no thing. Irene never lets Seulgi did anything like that towards her. The only thing Seulgi ever done the furthers was only a kiss on Irene’s hand.

That’s it.

If more than that, she might upset the strawberry-blonde hair woman and in the end, Seulgi is the one who will regret later on; knowing the fact that she could not stand with Irene being sulking too long because of her. Looking at their relationship, others probably think it’s only Seulgi who is the one that wants this relationship keep going. Irene probably the opposite one.

Seulgi did not know whether Irene loves her as much as she does towards the twenty eight years old person. At one time, she felt like Irene does love her by showing her care and everything but on the other part, the goddess creature acted like both of them only just a friend. Not more than that.

It’s confusing yet Seulgi still loves her fully until this moment.

Of course, she absolutely knew the fact that Irene is already a married woman. But still, she could not stop herself for loving that woman. She just too special for Seulgi to forget about her. She did not deny that she felt devastated when Irene suddenly told her that she’s married for almost a year already despite at that time their ‘relationship’ almost been two years already; meaning that the blonde hair woman had been hiding her married status for like a year.

She known Irene when she was in her final year during her study before. At that time, Irene also one of the final year students and almost complete her study and soon to become a lawyer right after she graduated from the university. It was Irene’s friend that introduced both of them and Seulgi felt very grateful for that friend of Irene for introducing Irene towards her.

It was hard to get closer with Irene and for Seulgi, Irene seems a person that hardly impress and not to mention, a high-class typed one. Thanks to her patience, she did get to get closer with Irene and soon after that, bravely asked the woman to be someone more than a friend in her life. To be truth, Seulgi also did not know what is the real status of their relationship. Irene may not say yes, but at the same time, she also did not give the perfect answer that Seulgi wished to hear from her. So, their relationship just goes on like that without an official word from Irene although it’s obviously shown from Seulgi that she already thinks that their relationship is more than just a friend.

Perhaps, she just too shy to confess her own feeling. Seulgi quietly thought, hoping that she might be true. She did not care if Irene already married or what; as long as she could still meet her, it won’t be a big problem for her to accept of Irene’s status as a married woman although deep inside Seulgi knows that she’s hurting.

 

 

Jinah took another glance at the person sat right in front of her. She noticed that the woman did not even touch a single bit of her dinner, only playing the food with her utensils, showing no interest at all to eat the food that look appetizing in Jinah’s eyes.

“Irene, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

Irene looked up in surprise, did not realize that she’s had been watching by her friend. A slight smile crept to her lip before she opened then.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?” she asked back, seem to be a bit hesitate with herself.

Jinah tried to hide her laugh. How can her friend easily told her that she’s fine despite the way she looked at the moment was totally opposite from the words came out from seconds ago. She shook her head slowly before giving a small smile towards her friend then.

“Are you really sure you’re okay? Because what you said just now is different from what I’ve seen right now.” Jinah stated casually, trying to comfort Irene who seem like she’s carrying such a burden inside her.

Irene slightly smiled, also shaking her head. “I don’t know, Jinah. There’s just – this thing that bothering me lately. I just don’t understand.” she mumbled quietly, pressing her lips together.

“About what?”

“Kim Jennie?”

Irene stiffened at her own seat. “Why? What do you want to know about her?” asked Jinah more, knowing the reason why Irene seem a bit off today.

“Okay fine, if you don’t want to ask, then let me tell you about that young woman. She’s probably few years younger than Mino but I don’t really remember the exact year when she was born. She’s a part time model and if I’m not mistaken she’s currently learning at a private college in fashion and makeup or something like that. And like I’ve said before, it’s really obvious that she has a feeling towards your husband despite the fact that she actually knew he’s already married to you.”

Irene’s eyes widen in surprise. “She knows?”

Jinah nodded her head. “But, like you always say to me. Your husband is a human who seem heartless and expressionless, right? I heard that he never seems to care about that young woman presence. The reason why she so easily gets pass through the guard during the game because she’s the niece of the coach who responsible in training your husband’s hockey team. That’s why.”

“How do you know Mino never returns her feeling? He might be acting like he doesn’t care although he actually does.” Irene replied back, did not believe much with what Jinah told her just now. Plus, hearing like Jinah complimenting him did not make Irene felt better though.

Jinah’s lip curved into a small grin. “Don’t you know your husband is quite famous among the ladies? Especially the single one.” Jinah muttered, chuckling quietly.

Irene scoffed in disbelief, rolling her eyes in annoyance. “Yeah right. You expect me to believe that? Who would like him? He just an ice hockey player.”

“Yes, he is. But a very good, well-trained and profesional one. Don’t misunderstood me by thinking that I like him. I just admire the way he is. I seriously don’t know why you despise him that much. If you try to know him even for a bit, he’s not that bad like you’ve told me before.”

“And once again, what make you really certain about it?” Irene talked back, the sound dissatisfaction hint in her voice.

Jinah looked at her friend, smiling lightly. “I don’t know. I just guess about it. Yeah, he might seems cold and expressionless from outside but I think, deep inside he’s actually a good person. It just that maybe because of his serious face and so hardly lip to smile that make people think him that way including you. You’re his wife! You’ll probably know something that others might not.”

This time, Irene could not contain her annoyance anymore.

“Why you always compliment him? Do you really like him or adore him that much? Because if you do, let me ask a divorce from him and ask him to marry you after that. At least, I have a reason for the judge to ask for a divorce from him.” Irene said in irritation, crossing her arms on her chest.

Jinah chuckled then, shaking her head looking at how childish Irene behaved at the moment.

“It’s not about I always compliment him. It’s about you who can’t stand other people saying nice things about him. Isn’t that right, Bae Joohyun?”

Irene was taken aback by Jinah’s words. Seriously, she never expects that coming from her friend. “Seriously, Irene. Tell me something. Why do you dislike him? Is it because he’s the only person that seems to you as a challenger? That you feel as a competition for you? Because you know yourself right?”

Jinah tried to hide her smile at Irene before continued to talk. “It’s because you’re already used to be what you are right now, Irene. There’s not many people in your life that you feel as a threat; that can make you feel insecure with whatever you have or do. So, when Song Mino who also turned out to be your husband become the one that you want to avoid the most; you feel like threatened right? Because he is completely the opposite of you. That’s why you feel annoy or despise whenever people talk about him. Even if it wasn’t me the one who talk nice about him, you still hate the fact that people compliment on him. That is you, Irene. Do you want to know one thing? I’ve never seen you react like this except when it comes towards your husband. You will change completely into someone who become anti of Song Mino. That’s what I’ve seen inside you. Yet, you still don’t want to admit it because – well, you’re Bae Joohyun, right?”

Irene stared at Jinah long with her low gaze, frozen at her place. Jinah’s words were all precise and exactly right about her. Every single words described about what she felt when it comes to a person named Song Mino. But, is that really true? Is that the way she reacted when the name of that person was mentioned?

“I really want to see the time when you’re going to fell for your husband. Completely, madly and crazily in love with him. Don’t underestimate him, Irene. Even for myself, I think he might be able to tame and change you into someone else. Well – maybe not now, but who knows right?”

“Stop saying things like that!” Irene hissed fiercely, glaring at Jinah.

“Why not? He’s your husband. It’s not like you’re having an affair or a relationship with someone else, right? Or do you really do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter