CH3

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
03 CHAPTER THREE  

“What did you say?”

 

I took another glance at the person that stood far across from where I am, turning my full attention towards that person now.

“Are you deaf or something?” he replied me back with that flat, calm tone which I despise the most. Deep inside, I knew too well that he’s actually mocking me. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, trying to calm myself. I did not know why it’s too easy for me to lose my temper at him. Maybe because his so ‘manner’ behavior probably the one of the top list on why I never once have patience with someone like him.

Turning away from him, I went to the kitchen then, not wanting to know anymore, already feeling lost interest in whatever he’s going to do. But still, I could not help myself to feel curious on what he’s up to actually. Don’t tell me that he’s actually going to...

“How long you’re going away for this time?” I asked again, this time louder enough for him to hear my question I supposed. If not, I surely going to tell him that he's the one that actually deaf, but not me. “Why would you want to know? If I remember, you with your own thing and also the same goes to me. Isn’t that right, Joohyun?” I heard him saying, a quick glance on me before he passed by me, probably going to his ice hockey practice.

Yeah, talking about that ‘career’ of him.

I still did not get it why he so passion about playing that ice hockey thing. I mean, come on – what he gets actually from doing that kind of stuff? For me, it just nothing only a stupid sport that surely going to leave a bruise on each part of your body no matter how hard you try to be careful with yourself. Plus, with the rough playing, that kind of stuff is surely not going to grow on me. How cruel is this world to pair me up with this man? The one who did not have at all the characteristics that I’ve looking for in a man; sweet, caring, the one that will understands me specially for my career and most importantly, shares so much thing as like I do.

In Song Mino, there’s nothing that I could find to make him as my ideal man despite that he’s actually my own husband. Not even one characteristic at all. I still could not believe myself that I’m actually married to him. I mean – I know that our marriage is more than three years now, almost to four to be exact. Three and almost four years of marriage. What did I get along this stupid marriage?

Nothing.

Only that I could feel myself going to get a heart attack soon if I did not keep myself calm whenever I face with that young man. Yeah, people. For your information, Song Mino a.k.a my ‘husband’ is actually two years younger than me. I’m twenty eight this year and the fact that he’s actually younger than me kind of piss me to be honest. I still could not forget few of my closest friends that teased me the time at my wedding few years ago. When they knew the fact that I’m actually older than my own husband, they told me that I have such a very unique taste; falling in love with someone who is actually younger than me.

Screw that ! I never fall in love or even have a slightest feeling towards him! Seeing his face already make me felt like to vomit or something. Okay – not till that level, it just that each time I face him or possibly had a small talk with him before, he always, never once to fail for getting on my nerves with his behavior. I did not freaking know what is actually wrong with him! Seriously, he is the worst man that I ever met in my whole life! And I seriously regretted every inch of my body for having a husband like him!

 

 

I scoffed automatically, taking the piece of paper on the coffee table before turned it into a small ball, walking to the kitchen and threw it into the bin.

Damn, this man!

Who one earth he thinks he is?! Did he seriously just left like that?! What the ing hell?! God, I seriously going to commit myself into some sort of calm therapy with a group rehab if this man keeps doing unpredictable things to me! I mean, what actually he’s thinking?! Is it hard enough for just to ring me and inform that he’s going to uptown – again!

Sighing hard, I opened the refrigerator, taking a carton of grape juice before carefully poured the drink into a glass. Slowly, I drank the cold juice, feeling the coldness of the juice running down perfectly in my throat, calming myself a little bit. I just could not believe he left again without noticing me earlier. Yeah, I know the fact that he’s an ice hockey player and of course he might be busied with his training and practice session, but come on, at least have some consideration! He thinks that I’m one of his slaves of friends that he could do everything that he wants or likes to?

That stupid bastard.

I heaved a breathe, closing my eyes then.

Calm yourself, Irene. Why you need to be so mad at him? Just ignore him liked you always do. You’re always good at that, aren’t you? Besides, who he thinks he is that he could affect you this much? He’s nothing, not even a part in your life. Plus, you’re too good to compare with someone like that bastard. I silently told myself, trying to do some possess in my mind, hoping that it would be worked actually.

I wondered how long all of this will keep going between us. Sometimes, I felt like to file a divorce, wanting to end this surely not a happy ending marriage. But, thinking about it properly, what excuse I’m going to give to the judge when the reason going to be asked to me. Being a profesional lawyer for more than five years already, I know the pros and cons in whatever decision you take. Good or bad, everything will be judged in the end.

Plus, with my parent that treats him like their own child, I could not easily do that. I totally screw up if I ever do it.

 

 

I tried myself for not noticing the sharp glare coming from the person seated opposite from me. Instead of look at that person, I ordered a glass of iced lemon tea, a small smile appeared on my lips as I watched the waiter walked away from the table where I took the seat seconds ago.

“You’re late. Again.” I heard the person murmured quietly, her arms crossing on her chest.

A small sigh escaped my mouth then, looking at the person on her face then. “Look, I got stuck up at the court, okay? Besides, it’s not that I’m that late. Just an hour only. Chill, will you?” I casually replied which earned a death glare now from that person.

“Irene, I’ve been waiting for you like ages here! And yet, you told me to chill? God, you’re so – urghh!” she screamed in frustration, shaking her head before looking away then, her face looked a bit redden. I’m not really sure whether it’s because of the scorching heat or the angry feeling that she felt at the moment.

“Fine, I’m sorry, okay? Jinah, you know how busy am I, right?” I murmured few minutes then, not wanting to keep the silence atmosphere between both of us at this moment. I did not like to waste time just like that, doing nothing except to wait from one of us to give in. Of course, I absolutely know that Jinah not the one who going to do that.

Jinah pressed her lips together, glancing at me then. “Well, at least text me or something. I also have my own life, you know.” she told me then, slurping her drink slowly.

I shrugged, knowing too well that it’s also my fault. Actually, it’s not that I don’t want to, but I just busy to think about that. I just came right away from the court after the court session about an abusing case involving a fifteen years old person and also a middle aged woman. That case surely gives me a headache since the middle aged woman did not want to let go this issue easily although it was crystal clear that she actually did abuse that fifteen years old student. What a poor boy to go through such a painful and traumatic experience in his life.

A simple thank you slipped from my mouth as I thanked the waiter that brought my drink, carefully placed it right in front of me before walked away then. Feeling already thirsty, I quickly took a few gulps of the cold iced lemon tea, immediately felt satisfied with the chillness from the cold drink.

“Hey, are you free this Monday evening?” Jinah asked me after few minutes of silence passed by both of us.

I looked up, pursing my lips and at the same time thinking. “I’m not sure.” I lifted a shoulder, staring at Jinah then. “Why? Is there any reason why you ask me that?” I asked her back, feeling curious already.

It would be such a lie if Jinah told me that there’s nothing on why she asked me that question. Being a lawyer, I already used to read people especially the way they talk. I might know for sure whether to differentiate between a person that telling the truth or vice versa. Plus, knowing Jinah since secondary school, I already knew her inside and out.

“Well – actually, I want to invite you along with me to go to a place.” she prompted, smiling her sweet smile at me.

I eyed her suspiciously, not knowing why do I have this kind of uneasy feel playing in my mind. “Where?” I replied back while looking at her directly. “It’s a surprise and it won’t be one if I tell you now. So, are you in?” she asked me then, staring at me with that begging pair of eyes. I seriously hate it when she did that because she’s actually trying to persuade me to do what she asked me to.

“I’ll see what I can do.”

“But, that doesn’t mean I’m following you, okay?” I added more when I saw her clapping both of her hands excitedly, giggling happily at her own seat.

I could only shake my head, sometimes wonder how can someone like her can be so immature at a certain time.

 

 

The reflection on the mirror that showed the reflect of myself did not satisfy me enough. I sighed then, taking off the black cropped cardigan that I’ve wore not last than one minute, tossing it on my bed right after that. I glanced at the small clock on the night stand next to my bed, it’s almost eight already. She would be here less than ten minutes and if I did not get myself ready, I’m surely not going to go out for tonight.

Walking to the next room which already been changed into my walk-in-closet, I then decided to wear my dark blue leather jacket along with a very simple front button cream shirt, tucking it in to my light blue skinny jeans – a knitted checkered white and black scarf completed my dress up for the night. As I styled my strawberry blonde color hair, I heard my phone ringing, telling me that she already arrived.

Increasing my pace, I quickly grabbed my leather tote bag before dashing out from my room, almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter