CH22

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
22 CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO  

Carefully, Irene fluttered open her pair of eyes, staring at the person who was sleeping soundly right next to her; his face was facing at her direction, every time he breathed – the warmth breath hit her face equally as he did not seem to realize that she was awake at that moment.

 

Her lip slowly crept a smile, trying hard to hold herself from grinning.

She stayed like that, staring at his so damn good looking face and watching as he asleep. Irene could not believe what just happened before between the two of them. She just could not be so sure whether what she been through before was a dream or just her own imagination.

Second chance.

Irene let out a relief sigh as she thought about that. She could never be any happier than this. What else she wanted to ask for except for this, right? She could not contain the happiness and grateful feelings that she felt inside her right now. Everything is so perfect, so great and how Irene wished to stop the time. So that she could always stare at his dashing – knowing that he’s real and here; sleeping beside her.

Her hand slowly reached out, her body shifted a bit so that she could lean forward to him, more closer towards the man she deeply in love with and that love feeling for him still growing and would never stop – a promise that she made and crossed her heart until the last breath that she takes on this world.

Mino looked so calm and peaceful just like his always expression that he shows to the world; a mask that he never take it off unless in front of people that he would do that to them. He just him – hiding behind his cold appearance, emotionless or heartless man that people nicknamed him as, without knowing the real of him.

Somehow, Irene felt a bit grateful for him to do that because thinking about being a selfish, she did not want others to see the real side of her husband. The sweet, fragile and very caring and gentleman behavior of him. Yeah, he never say those love or romantic words like most men would prefer to say to their love ones but still, for Irene, she already felt enough when he accepts her after what she had done to him.

Irene did not know whether she could be the same like him; forgiving her after what she done by humiliating him in the worst and lowest situation at all. She did not know if she could forgive him if he ever does the same thing like she did to him. Well, that's probably unfair but that's what Irene felt though. Somehow, she felt bad thinking about it though. That’s why Irene did not want to push him to the edge because making him stuck in a deep situation already put him in a very hard place.

Softly with gentle movements, Irene traced Mino’s face from his forehead that hid thanks to his messy bed hair to his pair of eyes that shut closed. His sharp, well-shaped edged nose to that irresistible pair of lip belong to him. A quick smile made it way to Irene’s lip as she stared at Mino’s lip which part a bit that made him look so touchable for Irene to reach and to have as if she wanted to lean in and give a kiss towards him.

When Mino suddenly moved a bit, Irene quickly pulled her hand away, a bit terrified; afraid that she might get caught for staring at him since when she also lost count already. Irene knew that she should sleep because the fact that she's actually working and need to go to her firm tomorrow, but her eyes did not think the same as her brain does.

That’s why, she took some time to examine Mino’s face who already asleep next to her. Honestly, this probably the first time they ever sleep on the same bed, next to each other, without being forced or told to do it. Even before this, both of them decided to sleep separately because well - the main reason was that, Irene the one who did not want to sleep with him; she even prefer to sleep on the couch if they were in the same room and were forced to sleep with only one bed. So, that's the reason why the two of them never sleep on the same bed because it just going to end up with the worst case possible.

Now that Irene thought back about that matter, she realized that Mino never fight back about her stubborn, nonsense decision. Although there were times when he being that very serious and cold behavior of him, Irene just silenced herself but still, Mino never take the advantage of her silence to sleep in the same bed with her or even do something that she doesn't like. Even before when she was sick, he really kept his words to not enter her room when she warned him at the first place to not enter her room no matter what happen or whatever situation that occur at the time. He even kindly put her in the guest room at their old place and took care of her without any arguments or anything. Thinking about everything of what had happened before made Irene realized that all of this time, everything about him; he always there for her. He loves her in the way that most people fail to see .

The unspoken love behind the act and everything he did to her.

Irene was too blind to see, too stupid to not notice and too late to acknowledge about that earlier. And when she did, she was too regretted to not know about all of that sooner. Suddenly, she felt her eyes got teary again as she blinked few times, not wanting to cry now.

One thing she realized after she confessed and having this kind of love feeling inside her, Irene knew she being the most sensitive and unknowingly a fragile heart woman. Or maybe all of this time, she was also hiding behind her own mask; pretending to be someone who strong and confident with that y attitude of her all the time. Looking back at her old self, Irene felt disgusted about herself.

How can she became someone like that?

Is it because of him? Irene thought.

Perhaps, it might be true. Ever since that shameful confession, Irene swore to herself that she would never let her heart being taken again. She was too shameful and felt very betrayed and down after that man did that to her. Taking her first ever love, her heart and soul, also with her almost first kiss; that man who turned Bea Joohyun into someone named Irene who was selfish, over confidence, y and the most annoying, stubborn person that you ever know in your life.

Then, that's when the person named Seulgi came to the story, sliding into her imperfect life that already miserable and crack at the first place – pretending to fix it but turned out, that ungrateful woman even made her life becoming more ed up and misery and everything worst that Irene could ever think. She came to her when Irene was all alone; fragile and in the need of someone who can give her comfort and support and that’s what Irene thought when she met Seulgi.

But, she was absolute wrong. She even made the worst decision ever in her life when she let Seulgi entered her life, concurred her almost shattered life. Irene thought she was her savior, giving out her hand when she was about to reach out but instead, that woman pushed her down into the hole even more, deeper and deeper till the extent where Irene could no longer find herself anymore. She was lost in the trap of maze. Irene shut her eyes closed tight as if she could see the awful things that she had done before in her life. Her body was shaking as she tried to push away the black memories that seem to chase her, chained her making her way to escape even harder.

Just then, she heard that calm, low voice along with a heat touch on her cheek. Slowly, Irene opened her eyes, her sight met with Mino who was looking at him with concern eyes, his gaze fall on her.

“Something wrong?” Irene heard Mino asked in low, soft voice. She clearly saw the concern flickered in his eyes as he looked at her. She gave him a quick smile before shaking her head then. “I-I suddenly awake and couldn’t sleep again.” Irene stated quietly as a sigh escaped from , her pair of eyes looking away then as Mino’s strong gaze was staring back at her; one of his eyebrows raised.

Mino stared at Irene long which made the blonde hair woman shifted uncomfortably, clearing when she heard Mino’s voice spoke in low one.

“What’s wrong, Joohyun? You look tense as if something is bothering that mind of yours.”

Irene was taken aback for a moment, a bit of amazement hit her heart when Mino’s words shot right to her; he could even guess if there is something wrong with her, bothering her mind at that time. How can he? Does he has a power mind or something? Irene guessed by herself. As she was lost in her own world, Irene then was startled when suddenly she could feel her body figure been pulled by Mino, bringing her closer towards him until her face bumped with his hard, muscular chest – she could even clearly hear his heart beat every single seconds.

“W-What are you doing?” Irene stammered, her face was already blushing hard.

Luckily, she was hidden in his pair of arms and that mean, Mino could not see how red her face looked like at that time. “You look tired - just sleep, Joohyun. Your body require some rest.” Irene heard Mino’s smooth, low base voice whispering to her.

She gulped nervously, her heart was beating so fast that it really scared her – as if it going to explode at any moment. When Mino’s palm softly patted her head and in low tune; he was humming a melody, some sort of lullaby into Irene’s ear – probably gesturing her to sleep despite that very late time already.

Irene slowly closed her eyes as she could feel those bad memories, the worriedness in her thoughts and everything; all of that are gone now – left her all alone, sleeping in his arms.

So safe and so warm.

 

 

A confusion displayed on her face as she glanced at the person next to her. There were two things that she could not understand; first, that person looked as she did not sleep that well last night since Jinah noticed that this probably the fourth time Irene yawned since they met an hour ago, and secondly, well – her friend seem different today.

Not in a bad but, just a good and well one.

“Are you okay, Irene? What happened last night? Don’t tell me Mino and you worked out so much last night and he didn’t let you have some rest, huh?” she jokingly said which made the blonde hair woman blushed on her cheek before playfully hit Jinah’s arm then.

Irene playfully threw a glare towards Jinah before clearing then. “That’s not it. I just couldn’t sleep well last night, that’s all. What a ert mind you are!” Irene accused Jinah, eyeing her friend with a very meaningful look as if mocking that woman.

Jinah scoffed lightly before chuckling then. “Well, don’t blame me. You should see yourself. Weird, sleepy but at the same time, happy and free. Although I don’t really know what actually happening last night since well – you told me that you and him in a good term now, so, you both probably do it, right?”

“Jinah!” Irene half screamed towards her friend before giving a small slap on Jinah’s shoulder then, could not believe her own ears to hear this such thing. Jinah shrugged her shoulder, scowling at Irene then. “What? Come on, Irene. You and him – good term now, so what’s with the wait? Oh, don’t tell me you afraid of him? Or maybe you just afraid to do that? Well, listen, I’ve got some of this good tips that you can-”

“Okay, you know what, you should stop talking or I’ll leave right this instant. This whole ual thing conversation is creeping me out. I-I’m not ready for this. Besides, we’re just getting along, Jinah. I’m not that desperate and in fact, I don’t know if I’m ready enough to go to that phase. I just don’t want to rush things out between the two of us. I’m more than grateful that he even wants to give me another chance – for both of us.” Irene stated as a matter of fact, smiling a small smile then.

Jinah laughed then. “Well, I didn’t say I’m not happy for you. Of course, I do, Irene. Actually, I’m too glad to finally hear the news that I’ve always wait for it. Like I said, it just a matter of time. You see, what I told you before it’s true. Song Mino is the only one who can break the hard-brick wall of this goddess Bae Joohyun. Trust me, my words always true, Irene. Maybe I should change my career to a full-time fortune teller.” Jinah talked, giggling by herself before taking few sips of her drink that evening.

The two ladies were spending some time together and honestly, it was Jinah’s idea after all to ask Irene out and have drink together that evening. Ever since their last girl date before, Jinah did not make it to see Irene and ask her best friend what happen in her marriage life.

Like Jinah said just now, she was more than happy and delighted to know the real thing between Mino and Irene. Who would not, right? After all, this is what Jinah and Kai had been planning all of this time. Well, it seem like their little plan actually did success. Thanks to those two people, the married couple now could find some space for each other to fit in their life.

“So, you’re really going to move out from your old place? Ahh, how I wish I could go to that new bungalow. I really want to see it. Kai told me it was enchanting and full of charms.” Jinah praised about the bungalow that Irene now decided to live in officially – meaning that living with Mino at that place all the time and move out from their old place. The two of them still did not figure out what to do with their old place; just leave it like that first before they decide together what to do next.

Irene nodded her head then. “Yeah. But still, I’m not finish moving out all of my clothes and everything. There’s still few things left to pack. I did not mind about that but he always helps me even though I’ve told him to just let me do it alone. I mean – he’s already exhausted with his training and games and I don’t want to trouble him.” Irene muttered, pursing her lip.

Jinah tried to hide a smile as she spoke then. “That’s okay. Although, yeah, I also pity him but well, it’s a good opportunity for both of you to click. You know, the two of you is kind of busy and the only way to have some time together is through this kind of things that you both do together. Plus, admit it, Irene, you do want him attention for you, right?”

She was taken aback for a moment but gradually nodded her head, agreed with Jinah’s words somehow. “It’s been like what – more than a week, almost two week already that you both started to get along with each other. You’re the one who say to take this thing slowly. So, do it slowly. No rush, though.” Jinah gave Irene some advice, smiling at her friend sweetly then.

“I know, Jinah. I still can’t believe it, you know. It’s like a dream for me to finally being in this kind of situation. I’m really happy that sometimes it makes me scared; thinking about this might be only a dream of me and I still not waking up from this heaven dream.” Irene quietly muttered, sighing then.

Jinah pressed her lip together, staring at her friend then. “You’re not, Irene.” Irene looked up, her forehead creased as if asking Jinah ‘what do you mean’ without saying it actually.

“You’re not dreaming and all of this is real. Whatever happens between Mino and you is real and you to know it. Cherish it with all of your heart. Besides, this is what you want, right? So, don’t waste it by over thinking about something that just ruin that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter