CH24

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
24 CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR  

Irene did not know whether it was because it’s been such a long time since the last time she came to this place or is it she’s really the one that not very familiar with the road to get herself here. After taking time longer that it supposed to be; almost like to two hours already, she finally found the place that she’s been searching for and believe it, she even lost herself before, on her way toward here though.

 

She carefully parked her car then before climbing out from the vehicle, closing the door behind her. Her thin, rosy lip smiled such a sweet smile as she could see two cars safely parked at the same area where she parked, knowing that they already arrived ahead before she did. Irene tightened her fur jacket that she was wearing at that time, her body was shivering thanks to the cold weather and not to mention, the drizzle rain that falling down at the moment.

Honestly, it’s not helping her at all to warm up the body since it’s already a cold weather due to the heavy snowy weather and also the rain that started to pour last fifteen minutes ago. Her pair of eyes wondered around as she took a glimpse of view at the place that she could not even remember when was the last time she came here.

Probably four or five years ago? Irene hummed inside her mind alone. After she got married with Mino last four years ago, plus, with her very busy schedule, Irene did not surprise if she did not have time to come here anymore. It’s not like she did not want to but, her situation did not let her to do that. She shrugged then, quickly made her way towards the log cabin that located only few meters away from where she parked her car just now. Watching her steps, Irene crossed the small little bridge which connected the luxury log cabin with the small road that lead to this beautiful, breathtaking place.

Under the small bridge that could only fit in two people at once to cross it; there’s a small, narrow river flowing slowly under the bridge although it was like freezing at that time. Even for Irene, she had to wear two layers of clothe almost all the time ever since the winter season already came starting last three weeks ago and the fact that she wasn’t a person who could stand coldness that well - that's probably the main reason why she had to do that. She might end up getting a fever if she’s not being careful especially in this cold weather.

The log cabin was actually a pretty huge one though. Even though it just a single unit one, the cabin was huge enough that it has four bedrooms; two master bedrooms and two ordinary bedroom – one with a queen sized bed and the other one with a single bed. Every bedroom has its own bathroom which was designed that way to make it become more comfortable for anyone to stay inside the cabin.

When Irene arrived at the front area of the log cabin, her small lip curved into a grin as she could hear voices coming from the inside. She gave a small knock on the wooden craved door before slowly pushed the door open, the chilly, cold air gushed inside the cabin which eventually made the people inside the cabin stopped whatever they were doing and turned to look at the front door, making the blonde hair woman blushing a bit in shyness.

“Irene, dear!” said in unison, both, her beloved mother and also Mino’s mother.

Irene walked her way towards the two elder women before bowing her body and gave a peck at both of them, her lip was still smiling that angelic, shy smile.

“When did you arrive, dear? What took you so long?” her mother the one who asked as she continued back to do her work along with Mino’s mother helping by her side in the living room, only the two of them at that moment. Irene smoothed down her ponytail hair style as she smiled embarrassingly at her mother, trying to hide the shameful feeling that crept inside her as she knew that she was lost on her way to come here just now.

“Actually, mum, I lost myself on the way to here. I couldn’t remember well the road to come here. Thankfully, I remembered to use my GPS and eventually, find the way to this cabin. I thought I could find this place without using the app. Sorry about that.” Irene explained which made the two elder women stared at her in a slight of surprise.

“Really, dear? Well, I think I’m not the only one then.” Mino’s mother softly murmured before chuckling along with Irene who also laughing quietly. “No wonder you arrive late. I thought you’re going somewhere else first.” Irene’s mother continued to talk, smiling at her precious daughter.

Irene shrugged then, shaking her head. “Anyway, where’s daddy and dad?” Irene asked, her eyes looking around as if she was searching for his father and also her father in law. “Both of them went out for a while, don’t know though where they’re going.” Mrs. Song answered, flashing her smile towards Irene. Irene nodded her head, making an ‘O’ form on her lip then.

She then politely excused herself from both, her mother and her mother in law toward her room because she needed to change her clothe first and also to put her bag and few others things that she brought along with her here. It wasn’t hard to find her room since she still remembered well where it is.

The room was the furthest one in the log cabin and also a bit hidden from other three bedrooms. That’s why Irene preferred to stay at that room since it was the furthest and also not to mention, has the best view of the mother nature around the cabin. Plus, with cold and snowy weather currently, Irene could enjoy herself by looking at the breathtaking view whenever she feels to.

Walking inside the room made her heart flipped for a moment, thinking about how she always love to be inside this room rather than going out there, strolling around the area just like her parent loves to do that. Every time her parent and her come to this log cabin, Irene much preferred to just stay inside and probably read book or just enjoying her time alone. The only time she went out was when her parent forced her to do that which actually a bit funny because well, she wasn’t that type of person who really into that kind of things.

Besides, the main reason why her family always come here is to escape from the chaotic and busy life of the main city and one of the ways to do that is to come here; absorbing the silence, peaceful atmosphere which hardly to be found in the city though.

Irene changed herself into more casual and comfortable attire; a long dark blue pants along with a cotton loose shirt with strips design, light lime green and white color. Irene decided to style her strawberry blonde hair into a messy bun since she knew that she would be helping her mother and also Mino’s mother later on, so, it’s not use to just let her hair free because in the end, she’s the one who feel airless and uncomfortable.

Oh yeah, before forgot – want to know the reason why Irene was all alone and why she came here to this cabin after like few years not visiting it?

Well, both Irene’s parent and Mino’s parent decided to make a small gathering for all of them and plus, with Mino’s parent currently in the nearby area thanks to few things that the two of them need to settle, that’s the reason why Irene here at this log cabin today.

Too bad that she’s all alone right now. Of course, there’s an explanation on why Mino was not here at this moment. Where would he could be right now if it wasn’t because of his pack schedule ice hockey practice at the moment, right? Which eventually brought Irene’s mind remembered back the words coming out from Mino’s mouth then.

Joohyun, I’m sorry but I can’t go to the gathering. I’ve already try to ask the coach but he told me he couldn’t let me go. It’s an important tournament match and he wants everyone to be there. I’m really sorry, Joohyun. I’ve try to argue but his decision is final, I couldn’t say more. I’m really sorry for this.

What else Irene could say right? Of course, Mino himself told his parent and also his parent in law that he could not be there during the gathering. Although both, his and her parent a bit disappointed but thankfully, they already understood Mino’s career as an ice hockey player. It just that, Irene the one who felt devastated because, she just not all alone to drive all the way to here but also, the longing and missing feeling that she feels towards Mino literally going to kill her.

It would be a week including tomorrow since the day Mino went away to play in the tournament match. Yeah, it but Irene to face it. Besides, she also has her own works to get done and everything and all she could hope is to wait for Mino to come back safe and sound.

Thinking that she already took much time, Irene gradually made herself out from the room then, skipping herself into the kitchen where her mother and also Mino’s mother were chattering with each other while at the same time, preparing for tea and also dinner, perhaps.

“Oh, there you are!” Mrs. Song exclaimed, flashing her bright smile towards Irene then.

Irene embarrassingly smiled before making her way towards the two elder women then. “Since you already here, why don’t you help us by baking something, dear? We can have a taste of your great baking!” Irene looked at her mother in a slight of surprise.

“Baking, mum? But, we don’t have the ingredients to bake. Besides, what do you want me to bake? Why don’t I just help the two of you to prepare dinner, okay?” she suggested then which earned a small shake from her mother then. “That’s why we already brought everything especially the basic one in baking. It’s up to you whatever you want to bake. Plus, Irene, dear, it’s been a long time since I’ve taste your baking. I really miss to taste everything that you bake. Why don’t you use that great skill and talent of yours today for the gathering? I bet your father also think the same way like I do.” her mother assured, giving a sweet smile towards Irene.

“That’s right, dear. Plus, I still couldn’t forget that red velvet cake that you baked when you paid a visit on us, Irene. As a mother, wife and also a woman, your baking skill is not a joke, dear. You really have a talent in that part.” Mrs. Song the one who praised now which made Irene blushing, her face was crimson red now.

Her mother already chuckled softly. “See, it’s not like I’m the one who love your baking, my dear. Even Mino’s mother could not wait to have a taste of your baking.” both, Irene’s mother and Mino’s mother laughed together then, making the blonde hair woman blushing even deeper.

Well, it seem like Irene really did not have other choice rather than to just follow what her mother and also Mino’s mother requested her to do. Plus, it’s not really a hard one – just like the two of them said, baking is her great skill.

 

 

Irene let out a relief sigh as she laid herself down on the bed, feeling the softness of the mattress sinking down as her body pressing on the thing. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to relax herself and loosen up her body as she just finished cleaning and washing the dishes, helping her mother and also Mino’s mother earlier.

The dinner went well with laughter, few taking about this and that, and of course, Irene could not hide herself from becoming the center point of the conversation that took place tonight during the dinner time. Plus, she still could not forget how playfully she got teased by her parent and also, not to mention, Mino’s parent who also taking a part in teasing her.

She could not forget the moment when they asked her about planning on having a child in the future. Of course, Irene was in a very deep blush, her face was too heated up that she could not even look properly at them and even stammered herself when answering their question. Somehow, Irene felt a bit grateful for Mino not being here tonight at this gathering as she did not know where to hide her face whenever this kind of topic become the main one.

Irene decided to take a shower first before went to bed since her body felt exhausted and not to mention, she felt really uncomfortable at the moment. She could still smell the eggs and flour on her body and clothes thanks to her baking earlier which she successfully baked a medium sized strawberry cake with chocolate frosting and also some left over dark chocolate gritted on top of the cake.

Stretching herself for like few minutes, Irene lazily climbed herself down from the bed then, was about to make her way into the bathroom when her cell phone suddenly rang. She did not have to guess who is the caller because there’s only one person playing in her mind when that specific ringtone echoed in her room which Irene secretly set only for him whenever he calls her, knowing that he is the caller.

“Hello?” she asked, almost out of breath as she was running towards her phone just now.

If only Mino knew about this, she probably died because of the embarrassment feeling that she felt. A quiet chuckle was heard against the other line as it greeted Irene’s ear then. “Are you okay, Joohyun? You sound like a dying person. Am I interrupting you right now?”

Irene’s lip crept a sweet, shy smile as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter