CH13

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
13 CHAPTER THIRTEEN  

She stared at the reflection inside the mirror attached to the marble wall in front of her, her round pair of eyes were teary and already swollen thanks to her sudden crying. Her gaze hooked with that person who also at the same time staring back at her; meeting with her eyes.

 

No, no – this is a dream. I’m hallucinating. I’m only dreaming about him all over again.

Irene shook her head, hanging her head lower again; another single of tear made an escape from her eyes. Then again, there she was crying silently, did not know why she being so sensitive, so fragile at the moment – as if, she just broke herself into million pieces of glasses.

It really hurt her to be in this kind of situation over and over again. Dreaming about him; he who is so different compared to the reality life, he who become the protector of her even only in her own dream and he who the one that she fall in love with although that unfamiliar feeling that she felt starting from her dream about him.

This is so unfair. Irene thought as she was trying hard for not letting another drop of tear escaped from her eyes.

Why when it comes to him – it always end up in a dream? He who is so different and the same person that made her woman’s heart fallen deeply even in her own dream, even without him knowing that little small thing. Irene sniffed, biting her own lip again. She could feel now the taste of blood as the painful, sharp pain came after that; the too much pressure that she put on her lip could not compare the pressure in her mind and also throughout her body.

Irene knew it was stupid but she badly wished that Mino could be here – seeing what she’s facing at the moment. The painful, the regretless feeling and not to mention, the sorrow of heart that throbbing and making her life upside down these past few days; ever since he had been nowhere. Even if he wants to mock her or gives her that disgusting look, Irene did not care anymore. At least, seeing him with her own pair of eyes – Irene could feel relief, knowing that he’s in a good condition.

The headache that she had at the moment still making her felt like a crap and wanting to throw up all over again. Irene bet she could not even recognize herself at the moment thanks to her drunken state. Yeah, too late to regret for not listening to Jinah’s words before and now, Irene felt like her body going to give up on herself and she did not have any idea how long she could awake herself longer.

“It’s funny how you’re here with me in my dream all over again. Why can’t all of this dreams turn into reality even for once? Why can’t you become real for me? Why it always in the dreams when it comes to you, Mino? Why?” Irene quietly muttered through her thin lip, smiling in such a mocking way towards herself.

Even till now, Irene could felt the warmth touch contacted with her own skin; the familiar scent of him lingered around her as if Mino was really there with her. Why did she felt that this dream of hers for this time is really kind of real? Is it because she really drunk at the moment that she could not even distinguish between reality or her own fantasy?

Why did it feel so real as if it really is happening?

Before she could think further for an answer, Irene suddenly felt as her world spinning; her vision became sudden blurry before everything turned into pitch black – she slowly collapsing in the world of darkness.

 

 

Her sleeping figure looked more peaceful compared to her state before; at least, she could get some rest by now – hoping that it would make her feel refresh and perhaps much better the moment she wake up later on.

He could not believe he even doing this. He could not even believe that he actually doing this. This wasn’t supposed to happen at all. This is not what he thought going to be. What actually happening here? The most surprising for him was that he could not believe for the first time he could not come to the training session just because of her.

It seemed like he’s not the only one who surprised to know that he’s not coming for the training session. It was very unexpected for a person named Song Mino to do that. And it did happen all because of her.

“Hyung, are you sure this is you? The real you? Where’s Mino hyung? What happened to him?” Mino heard Kai asked, his voice sounded as if he was joking and teasing at the same time.

Mino rolled his eyes then. “Can you tell coach that I couldn’t make it today? I’ll promise I will make it up for tonight but not for this morning practice.” Mino murmured quietly, his eyes flickered again towards the person who was sleeping on the bed; even in her sleep, she did not look that good as if there was something disturbing in her mind. Somehow, it made him concern and worry for her without him realizing.

“Don’t worry, hyung. I’m sure our coach will understand that. Besides, this is your first ever time not coming to practice. Finally, you’re breaking the record, hyung.” Kai told him, chuckling at the other side of phone.

The younger man could not believe what actually happening at the moment. Song Mino who never even once skip or miss their hockey training session finally breaking his own record – for the first time ever, the player that well-known for his beastly figure and cold appearance going to miss his first ever training session.

That just – wow! Kai wondered what might really happening that could make Mino decided to miss out their training this early morning? What is it that could be more important rather than their training session which that cold appearance man never miss out even once? Is there something bad happen? “Whatever Kai. I’ll see you during tonight practice.” Mino said then before hanging up, did not even wait for Kai to respond because he knew very well that young man would again for missing their training for the first ever time.

Believe it or not, even Mino also could not believe what happening at the moment. He just decided to skip his early morning training which he never do before and the reason why he did that was because of her. This is nuts, Mino thought. Why would he show his care for her and feeling sympathy to her although Mino knew that it just a waste of time. She probably did not give a damn care about what he had done to her.

Mino took a deep breath, chewing his lip before turning his gaze to look at Irene who was sleeping on the queen sized bed in the guest room of their living place. Even in this kind of situation, Mino still remember Irene’s warn words to him few years ago when both of them moved together to live at this place.

"Don’t you ever dare to step into my room – my territory, no matter what happen. I don’t like stranger to invade my own privacy!"

He then made his move towards the bed, standing at the end of the bed – staring at Irene who did not seem to realize what happen around her. She looked much different in her sleep; herself looked much calmer compared to her earlier state before Irene suddenly passed out in his arms.

Mino did not know what to say when he wrapped his arms around her shoulder, standing right so closer behind Irene – it felt like himself automatically doing that, wanting to comfort the almost fragile, heart-broken woman. For once, Mino could see the other side of Irene which he never see before; her fragile state, her sorrowful crying and not to mention, the painful eyes that reflected in the mirror – staring back at him in confusion whether it was dream or reality.

Mino did not say neither do anything the time Irene was crying all by herself; thinking that she was dreaming all over again and blaming herself for kept dreaming the same dream. It took by surprise for Mino to learn that Irene had actually dreamed about him before this. And those words that she blabbered about – it was also a small shock for Mino to listen to it.

I never love Seulgi. I’m with her all of this time because I also don’t know why. I never think her more than a friend in my life. But, you never get a chance to listen to this which I’m going to say, right? What a pathetic karma I have here. Of course, if I tell you that I already fallen in love with you, surely you don't believe it. Yeah, it sounds totally absurd, right?

When Mino listened to those words came out from , he was frozen for a moment – did not believe what he just listened. At that time, Mino was carrying Irene to the guest room; she already passed out in the bathroom before and thankfully Mino was behind her – catching her body before falling onto the cold floor. At that time, Mino heard she was mumbling quietly, probably sleep talking in her sleep. And what came after that, it was the most shocking one that Mino did not know whether to believe it or not.

And God, he doesn’t know that I’ve already falling crazy in love with him.

For Mino, maybe Irene was mumbling something nonsense because he knew she was in her drunken state the time those words slipped out from . He did not want to accept something that he also did not know whether he could gladly take it without doubting the real meaning behind those words. Mino did not want to throw himself into a situation that in the end, he’s the one who going to hurt. A lot.

 

 

Mino was about to sit on the couch in the living room when he heard the security alarm buzzing – meaning that the person that he’s being waiting for already arrived. Without wasting any time, Mino skipped himself towards the front door, unlocking the security passcode before the front door being opened from the inside. A soft smile pasted on the person’s lip as Mino stood there at the front door, inviting the guest to come into his living place.

“I’m sorry for being late. Am I holding you back?” the person asked; her face shown how apologetic she felt at the moment.

“No – actually, I’m the one who should be apologizing to you. I’m sorry if I been a trouble for asking you to come here. It just that something come up out of blue. I don’t want to leave Joohyun all by herself without anyone watching and since you suddenly called, that’s why I asked for your help. I’m really sorry if I-”

Jinah quickly cut Mino’s word before the man could finish his sentence; she slowly shook her head as she opened to speak then. “No, that’s okay. It’s not a big deal for me actually – I intend to visit Irene today to look upon her condition. I know how worst she could be when she’s drunk. I hope she didn’t trouble you that much.” Jinah said, smiling an assuring smile; feeling pleased to see the concern displayed all over Mino’s face.

Mino nodded, heaving a relief sigh. To be honest, he did not expect to suddenly received a call from his couch – telling that something urgent came up and he needed Mino to be there right at the moment. At first, Mino was hesitate with himself because he did not bear to leave Joohyun all alone without anyone’s watch. Fortunately, by the time Mino was thinking what he should be doing; Jinah suddenly made a call towards Irene’s phone and that’s the reason why Irene’s friend currently here at the moment.

“Where’s Irene anyway?” Jinah sudden question pulled Mino back to the current time.

“She’s still sleeping. I assume she might wake up soon.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter