CH1

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
01 CHAPTER ONE  

“Excuse me?!”

 

“WHAT!?”

“I don’t want to!”

“Mom, please. I’m too young to get married with someone at this moment!”

Both of them protested. Both of them felt betrayed. Both of them could not believe what they just heard from their own parent. Yes, their own parent who they thought at the first place would be like that dreamy-like parent; the one will follow on whatever decision you take, the one that will agree in whatever path you choose and the one that will support in whatever you do.

Screw it.

All that fairy-tale and dreamy-like parent probably exist only in the dramas or movies that people watch on television or perhaps at a cinema. And of course, like the dramas and movies that we used to watch, you already know what’s going to happen isn’t it?

So, cliché.

 

 

Phweeet!

The sound coming from the whistle echoed around the entire area. A middle-aged man flew his hands in the air, signalling to a group of males to stop playing. “Okay guys, that’s it for today!” he shouted in a loud voice, his eyes searching every face of the players.

“Tomorrow as usual, same place and make it on time! I don’t want anyone to be late! Clear?”

“Yes, coach!” In unison, all the players answered directly after the man gave his order towards them. The man whom they addressed as the coach nodded his head in response, fixing his cap on his almost bald head before walked away from the area, leaving the group of players then.

“Oh God, I’m exhausted!” said someone; the one with light blonde hair. Just before he could utter another word, a hard smack laid at the upper of his back making the young man whined in pain.

“Hey! What-”

“Take that for complaining! You’re acting like a girl, you know!” said the one who just smacked him at the back. The light blonde hair guy rolled his eyes, his hands already rubbing behind his back; trying to ease the pain that creeping inside his body already. God, this man’s strength is seriously no joke! He silently thought in his mind.

Both of them then made their way towards the locker room; going to take a shower first to clean up themselves despite the lateness in night before heading towards each other home.

“Hyung!”

“What now?” asked the older one against his locker door, drying his damp hair with a clean towel; his voice sounded so tired and a bit annoyed somehow.

Kai tried to place a smile on his lip, approaching the older guy closer. “Can you give me a lift later on?” he asked then, did not know where the bravery feeling came from.

The older guy slammed his locker door, his icy and sharp glance met with Kai’s pair of eyes which made the younger player felt intimidated already. “Why can’t you just go home by yourself? You have a car, right?” the guy answered Kai’s request with a question also.

Kai shrugged, pressing his lip together; thinking on how to persuade this guy in front of him who just only a year older. Song Mino. A person who people easily mistaken for his coldness and arrogant appearance. Maybe for those who don’t know him, people always think that way. Well, judging by his cold aura and a hardly smile on the face, people might be corrected.

But of course, it just an assumption. Like the idiom; you can’t judge a book by its cover, right? Same goes to Song Mino or more likely known as Mino. Taking the first glance, people would be startled to see such a young face with beast-like shaped body despite the status of being twenty-six years old male in the reality.

Based on his appearance, it’s not a surprise to see such a scene where many females will fell head over heels towards him. It’s actually the same situation when it comes to Kai but maybe because of Mino’s cold, charismatic character that make the females fell deeper on him. Unlike Kai who is more like the player and sweet-talker side, Mino is probably the opposite compared to the younger one.

“Yes, I do have one, but I didn’t drive it today to practice. I asked my friend to send me here earlier. Please hyung, I really count on you!” Kai pleaded, hoping that the Mino will give him a ride back.

Mino let out a deep sigh, giving another glare towards the younger male. “Fine. But don’t ask me to drop you at anywhere else aside from your place. You know what I mean, right?” Kai nodded his head lightly, still smiling on his face; knowing too well what actually Mino was saying before. More like a warning though.

Kai could only let out a small chuckle, making a high salute at his head towards Mino then before thanking the older one. Mino shook his head, mumbling something under his breath before locking his own locker then, making sure to check on it first before bidding his other playmates goodbye; already too tired both mentally and physically after having a nonstop almost six hours of practice and bit of training routine for today session.

Well, it just a normal thing whenever a game or competition around the corner. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why Mino and his team always win in most competition held in this area. Not just this area, but also throughout few countries nearby truthfully. It’s not a showoff but that’s the fact. Being a player in one team, a national one; it’s not easy thing to cooperate smoothly with the others. Sometimes, even the slightest problem or mistake could trap you into a small fight and of course, it’s not that possible for the fight to end in a nick of time.

Despite all of the hardness and hardships that he had been through for almost four years now, his hockey team is like his second family after his own ones. Those times he shared with his other playmates are probably the moments where he could never forget in his life. Being accepted as a beginner at the first place, Mino did not slip out the chance to proof to the others especially that particular person that he also can be a successful and ambitious person as long as all the efforts and hard works coming from himself. For him, that is the most important thing that people need to consider in order to achieve their own dream.

 

 

By the time Mino arrived at his own place, the silver watch that wrapped around his wrist shown that it’s almost to four in the morning. Well, at least it just one hour late than his usual end practice session. Usually, his practice end probably at two or three in the morning; depends on the coach flexibility. Sometimes, if the team does well and properly good enough for the coach point of view, the middle-aged man will end the practice sooner and let the boys go home earlier although that rarely happen.

He carefully parked his treasured yellow, black color motorbike at the usual spot, locked it before made his way to the ground floor where there are three elevator service provided for the residents of the building.

Stepping inside the elevator, Mino pushed the 15th number button, waiting for the elevator to reach up till the 15th floor of the building. He then walked out from the elevator, scrambling his hands in his bag to find the key before made his way along the corridor, reaching to a door.

Punching the code for the security alarm, Mino quietly entered his place, shutting the door behind him slowly. His legs were about to make its way towards his room at the end of the hall when a voice coming from the kitchen startled him - stopping him from taking another step towards his room.

“I thought you did not know to find your way back home.” that angelic, low voice said; her familiar figure was standing beside the kitchen counter, her hand was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter