CH28

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
28 CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT  

Irene slowly lifted her head up towards the door of her office room from the documents that she’s been reading since half an hour ago, trying to study more about the new case that she got from last few days; a divorce case involving a married couple where the wife found out her husband was having an affair with one of her closest friend. Thinking about the case somehow made Irene a bit upset, thinking how one could easily push everything that he built before just because he found a new love interest.

 

“Sorry for the sudden interruption, ma’am but there’s someone here requests to see you. She said that I would let her to see you because you know her too well.” Elaine’s words made Irene’s forehead creased lightly.

“Who?” Irene simply asked for the guest identity.

“Her name is Jennie – Kim Jennie. Do you want me to let her in, ma’am?” Elaine asked Irene politely, waiting for Irene’s answer.

Irene was a bit surprised to hear that name slipped out of Elaine’s mouth but she quickly covered it by giving a slight smile towards her secretary then. “Yeah, sure. Send her in then.” Irene softly spoke, smiling at Elaine then. Her secretary nodded her head before excused herself out from Irene’s room then.

Great. Before it’s Seugi and now she? I wonder what it means by all of this? Irene silently thought in her mind before she heard the door been opened from outside, revealing Elaine and also the person named Jennie standing behind her secretary.

Elaine then prompted Jennie to enter the room before leaving both Irene and Jennie alone in the room then. For a moment, only a deep of silence filled inside Irene’s office room before she eventually broke it few minutes later, walking towards Jennie then.

“Please, do take a seat. You want anything to drink? Coffee, tea?” Irene casually asked, a proper and formal way that she always do whenever a guest or new client comes towards her firm.

Jennie smiled a bit before slowly shaking her head. “No, I’m fine. Thanks for the offer anyway.” she said in low voice, looking at Irene who already sat crossed legs on a single couch across from where she took a seat at the moment. “So, is there anything that I can help you with? I’m sure you come here with some intention in your mind.” Irene started to talk, her voice was still soft but already changed into a firm tone.

“Yes, of course. The reason why I come here uninvited is because I need to say something to you. More like, I want to apologize towards you and also Mino oppa for my bad and childish act before this. I know that I’ve been behaving so cruel and selfish especially towards you. I realize that what I’ve done before is really stupid and it could even make your marriage with Mino oppa ruin just because of me. I’m really sorry.”

Irene was taken aback by Jennie sudden apologize confession, did not expect to see it coming from the young woman who all of this time trying so hard to win her husband’s attention and heart. She stared at Jennie long, did not say anything as she was too startled to hear the word apologize from Jennie’s mouth few seconds ago.

“I’m not mad if you don’t want to forgive me because I know that what I’ve done before is probably unforgivable but please trust me that I really am sincere in apologizing towards you and Mino oppa also. I hope that at least you can believe in me that I will never disturb or try to ruin your marriage with Mino oppa after this – not anymore.” Jennie continued more, staring at Irene then.

“Although it might be hard because Mino oppa is the first ever man that I really fall in love with and even dream to become someone special in his life – I will try my best to forget about him and get over the fact that I will never have him no matter how desperate I want it to be. Will you believe in me?” Jennie asked quietly as she looked at Irene under her lashes.

Irene pressed her lip together, letting out a small sigh. She closed her pair of eyes for a brief of seconds, taking a deep breath before opened then. “I really appreciate that braveness of yours, Jennie. I did not expect to see this coming from you and honestly, I never think that you will apologize to me though.” she spoke in low and calm tone, looking directly at Jennie as she was saying.

“It’s better if I admit that I do doubt myself whether to believe in you or not especially after what you had done before; not just towards my marriage but also myself and Mino. Plus, I still can’t forget the day where both of us had a fight before and you accidently pushed me into the pool and even left me when I’m asking for your help. Until today, I never tell Mino the truth of what exactly happened and just let him having the thought that it was my own mistake for drowning that night.”

Jennie’s forehead wrinkled as she listened to Irene’s words. “Well, that’s not true. Mino oppa knew about the truth and he even warned me stay away from you right after that. He said that he won’t be hesitate to file a report of what I’ve done to you if I did not listen to his words.” Jennie told Irene then which threw the golden hair woman in a surprise.

“But of course, even after he gave me that warning, I’m still shamelessly trying to get his attention and even had guts to go further by going to his bungalow that other day. I found out about that place from my uncle and begged him to tell me where his new place is and went there right after I got the information. Then, you suddenly came and watched everything and perhaps misunderstanding judging on how your expression was at that time.” Jennie explained one by one, smiling a bit at Irene then.

Irene could only smile bitterly remembering that incident but deep inside, she actually felt grateful because that incident also the reason why Mino and her started to get along with each other and eventually, lead the two of them up till this moment.

Her lip curved into a smile without her notice as she remembered that hard and tough times that Mino and her had to face before both of them get to reach until this phase right now. Jennie noticed the small change on Irene’s beautiful face, she could only mock herself to acknowledge that even from the beginning, she could never compare herself with Irene in whatever terms the two of them are fighting for.

From beauty to the successful career, Irene always beat her up and that fact made Jennie upset on how a person can be so perfect at all in this world. What worst of all, that graceful and elegant woman win over her for having Mino in her life; a man that Jennie thinks as the lover of her life. Even till this moment, Jennie still could not forget Mino although she did realize that she could never have him.

Just then, a knock was heard before Irene’s secretary, Elaine came into the room with apologetic expression on her face then. “I’m sorry again, ma’am. Just to remind you about the meeting with Mr. Chen at three thirty later on.” Irene smiled before thanking Elaine for reminding her about it.

“I should get going now, you’re seem busy. I hope that you can consider my words and mostly, accept my apology. Like I said, I don’t deserve to be forgiven but at least, please do believe in me. I’ll promise that I will stay from you and Mino oppa if that’s can make you comfortable.”

Irene quietly chuckled before shaking her head then. “I might be cruel if I say yes to that but, you don’t need to. Just know your limits, Jennie – that’s all I’m asking from you. I hope you understand what I’m talking about. I’m not saying that I already forgive you fully and believe you that easily but I will try.” Irene said softly then, smiling a bit at Jennie then.

Jennie nodded her head before offering her hand to shake with Irene which the golden hair woman accepted it lightly, the two of them smiled at each other then. Jennie then thanked Irene once again for having her despite her busy schedule before then left the firm, leaving Irene who still shocked of what just happened earlier.

Is this even a dream or an imagination?

 

 

Maybe people are right when they say that you have that instinct of being followed by someone although you’re not looking right behind your back to make sure whether it just your own feeling that play inside the small brain of yours. But still, that’s what she strongly felt about at this moment.

She certainly sure that someone was following her from behind; maybe keep some distance between but she absolutely not wrong about this uneasy feeling.

Who is it that been following me right now? she thought deeply as she started to walk even faster than before, watching her steps along the street, passing by few shops and almost hit someone thanks to her sudden speed of change. She had to think fast – a solution to get out from this problem of being followed by someone who she did not have any idea whether a stranger or someone that she might know.

She then quickly slipped herself into one of the small alley path, hiding behind a large sized pillar along the small alley. successfully hide herself from that someone who was following her thanks to her small figure size. Having a glimpse from where she was hiding, anyone would not notice that there’s a person hiding behind that pillar though.

Just then, she spotted someone from behind the pillar, her forehead creased deeply as her eyes could found a person; someone that she felt familiar with was wondering around the area where she was hiding – he looked a bit lost and frustrated; probably because he had lost her track.

The person then sighed deeply before turning around, his pair of eyes wondering around – trying to spot her who actually was hiding close to where he stood at the moment; only to be hidden by the pillar. Her breath caught when he suddenly moved forward, much closer to the place where she was hiding, looking around as she could now clearly hear his breathing.

She kept herself staring at him long, trying to process her brain as she could feel that this person is someone that familiar with her although she did not have any idea who the hell he is. It just that, his face looks as if he’s someone that always appear in her life whether it is a coincidence or an accident. She saw that the person was about to walk away when out of sudden, she made out from her hiding place; did not know where she got the courage though before stopping that person that just about to walk away from the scene.

“Why are you following me? Who are you and what do you want from me?” she bravely asked then, trying to compose herself to look bold and strong enough to face this man.

Almost immediately, that person turned his body around, startled to hear a voice from his back. His pair of eyes widen as he now came face to face with the woman that he accidently followed without him noticing. Honestly, it wasn’t his attention to follow that young woman though. “Who the hell are you, mister?! Did someone send you to after me? Did he order you to do this?!”

Kai raised both of his eyebrows, a bit confused as another surprise hit him after seeing this woman finally talks to him although in a rude, arrogant way though. The way she talks and how her face looks are totally opposite. No one would expect someone who has soft, gentle face like her could actually talk rudely like this though. Maybe people would guess it coming based on her appearance.

Her ombre hair style which Kai still remembered that night was with pink highlights at the bottom layer part had now changed into a blue color one and the difference on how she looks now with the new shortcut of her wavy hair that only reached at the end of her shoulder.

Ari noticed how his expression looked like he did not give a damn care of what she just asked him before. She then snapped her fingers right directly in front of Kai’s face which made the man looked down at her again. Kai looked at Ari long before offered her a handshake as he opened his mouth to speak.

“I’m sorry if you think I’m following you, miss, but I’m not. I’m happen to just walk the same direction you are and perhaps you’re overthinking about it. In case if you’re forgotten, my name is Kim Jongin or better known as Kai, and I’m the guy with that friend of yours, Jiyeon that other night in the club – where you suddenly attacked her.” Kai summarized everything up, waiting for Ari to welcome his handshake.

Ari glanced down at Kai’s hand before she looked up again and stared back at the man which probably much older than her. “You think I’m going to buy that bull lies of yours? And I don’t even care whatever your name is because certainly I’m not interested to even know about it. Know what? Stay out from my life and don’t ever follow me again! Or else, I’ll make sure you will pay the price!”

Kai was taken aback by Ari sudden burst, an irritate feeling crept its way inside his body then. “Look, I’m not following you. I was just walking around before I see you. There’s something that I want to talk with you. Can we go to-”

Before Kai could even finish his sentence, he could only scoff in disbelief as Ari already left, passing by him out of sudden without letting him finish first – moving too fast forward already, leaving Kai behind before realization took over him and once again, Kai followed the young woman from behind; only this time, calling for her name which threw Ari in a small shock as that man actually know her name.

Never once in Kai’s life, he ever meet someone that is so rude and cocky like the person named Ari. Could this probably be the reason why he attracts to Ari despite knowing that the young woman is completely different from all those women that he dated and flirted before?

Ari then fasten her steps, fully ignored the fact that she knew Kai was still following her from behind. To be truth, Ari did not know why the hell that man would follow her. Is there any reason that she had before with that man which she could probably not remember or maybe because he is…

No, that’s impossible. He told me he will leave me alone since I’ve already gave what he wants.

“Hey, wait! There’s something that I need to talk to you!” Ari heard Kai yelled from the back, his voice sounded a bit further behind.

Taking the chance coming, Ari then half ran herself before boldly jumped into the bus that just started to drive away after stopping at one of the bus stops in the area, she still could hear Kai was calling out from he – fortunately, he did not make it to chase over her who already on the bus.

She then paid for the bus fee before taking a seat, both of her hands were shaking already when the time she did that. Ari could feel her heart was beating fast and realizing that she was sweating as if she just ran a marathon before. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to calm herself as she felt that thing coming towards her.

It’s been a while since the last time she felt like this over again. As if, that thing would come to her all over again and push her down so that she won’t be able to breathe and get up again liked before. Ari bit her lip, looking up at the outside view from the window where she was seating, coldly staring without any emotion or feeling can take over her.

Be strong, Ari. Don’t let anyone see your guards down.

 

“Mino,”

The beastly figure man looked up from the book that he’s been reading, his pair of eyes met with his wife’s figure who was standing at the door before slowly walked closer towards him, taking a seat right next to him on the long couch inside the mini library room.

“Am I disturbing your moment?” Irene carefully asked, looking at Mino.

Mino smiled lightly as he shook his head slowly, his palm softly caressing and patting Irene’s head then. “Can I steal your time a bit? There’s something that I need to tell you.” Irene added more, smiling sweetly at her husband. Mino then placed the bookmark on the page that he currently read before closing the book then, putting it aside on the coffee table beside the couch.

“Tell me, what is it.” he prompted then, letting Irene to speak.

Irene took a deep breath first before opened then. “This evening, someone came to my firm. And honestly, I did not expect that person the one who was coming.” she quietly said, staring at Mino as she spoke. “Who?” Mino simply asked.

“Jennie.”

Hearing that one name somehow did make Mino’s expression slightly changed which Irene did not fail to notice about it though. “She came to my firm today to apologiz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter