CH18

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
18 CHAPTER EIGHTEEN  

After making sure and checked everything, Irene closed the car door behind her before taking few steps to where her parent in law were waiting; standing side by side, Mr. Song was wrapping one of his arms around Mrs. Song’s shoulder while the middle aged woman was holding hand with her own husband.

 

Seeing the beautiful picture of a married couple in front of her eyes, Irene tried to hide her sad smile, shaking her head slowly to wash off the hint of jealousy in her mind.

“Mom, dad. I’m really thankful for letting me to spend some time with both of you. It’s been a really great time to be with you both.” Irene said with sincerity, flashing her sweet, polite smile towards her parent in law.

Mrs. Song smiled then. “My dear Irene, we’re the one who should be thankful to you. It’s been a while since the last time we saw both of you also. I’m glad that you made an effort to drive all by yourself to here although it took almost four hours to reach here, right?” she spoke with a bit of concern in her tone; worried about Irene’s safety too.

“That’s okay, mom. Maybe I’m too excited to see both of you since it’s been a while, right? Thanks again, mom, dad. I’ll promise I will try my best to visit both of you soon.” Irene said, still with her sweet smile on her thin, red rosy lip.

Both, Mr. and Mrs. Song nodded their head. “But Irene, you should at least tell us before head if you want to come here visiting us. Who knows that we’re both are not at the house during that time. Poor you, dear.” Mr. Song the one who speaking then.

Irene let out a small chuckle, nodding her head lightly. “Of course, dad. I remember about that for the next time.” she replied softly. “Oh yeah, did Mino call you back, dear? I forgot to ask you about that.” Mrs. Song suddenly asked Irene a question that she probably want to hear the last – question about him.

“Errm, he did. He told me that he could not wait to taste my own style of cooking for his favorite dish. Thanks mom for teaching me that. And also, he said that he’s having a really great time there. He told me to send my regards to my parent then.” Irene lied, feeling guilty in her heart for doing that towards the two people in front of her.

Mrs. Song nodded her head, smiling at Irene. “I’m glad to hear that. If he calls again, tell him to come back as soon as possible. I know that you miss him a lot, dear.” Irene ran her eyes away, looking down as she felt her face blushing into deep red.

“Anyway, call us when you arrive home, okay? And of course, send our regard to your parent too.” Irene nodded her head before moved forward, giving a hug towards her mother in law. “Please take a good care of Mino, dear. I know both of you love each other.” Irene felt like her knees becoming weak when she heard that small advice and a hint of hope from Mino’s mother.

“Thank you, Irene for making an effort to visit on us. We’re really appreciate it.” Mr. Song said before giving a small hug towards Irene then. Before leaving the house lawn, Irene bid her goodbye by waving towards her parent in law; slowly, she drove her car, leaving the double-storey house behind her then. This going to be a long journey. Again.

 

 

Eliane who was working on few documents looked up almost right away when she felt someone was standing at the other side of her desk, almost leaning against it. She then stood up, her eyes met with that person’s eyes, a dark brown eyes with round shaped eyes that also staring back at her.

Before Eliane could open , the person standing in front of her spoke first.

“Is Irene inside? I need to see her.” the lady spoke, her lip did not even smile unlike Eliane who was smiling politely at her; who knows she probably a new client.

Eliane nodded her head slowly. “Yes, she’s inside. Can I know who you are, miss?” Eliane softly asked, still with her smile on her lip. The person did not answer but instead turned her face from Eliane before moving ahead which a signal alert for Eliane then.

She tried to stop that person from entering Irene’s room which Eliane failed in doing that. Irene wasn’t facing at the door direction when both of them entered her room, she was sitting on her leather chair against the two of them before slowly turned around, her eyes lit in a small surprise as she saw the two people stood at the doorway of her room.

What a visitor. Irene thought in her mind.

“Ma’am, I’m sorry. I’ve tried to hold her but she just-”

“That’s okay, Eliane. I understand. Thank you anyway.” Irene cut her, smiling at her secretary then. Eliane let out a small relief sigh before closing the door then, leaving Irene with that person who still standing near to the door, both of her arms crossed on her chest.

Irene turned her attention towards that person, raising both of her eyebrows then.

“I didn’t expect and believe to see you here. What a bravery act you got there.” she spoke flatly, staring down at her works that she left seconds ago.

That person tried to smile before slowly walking closer towards Irene’s desk. “Why? You afraid that people will find out about us, Irene? You still think about us, don’t you? About me, hmm?” that person replied, smiling in such cynic way as if telling Irene that she’s the one who winning here in whatever game both of them are playing. Or that’s what she thought, not for that blonde hair woman.

“What? Think about us? About you? Since when there is us, Seulgi?”

Seulgi bit her own tongue when she heard those words coming out from Irene’s mouth. “I thought I’ve already make it clear to you. There never us, Kang Seulgi. You’re the one who only think that way. I never think you more than a friend in my life. You’re the one who overthinking about it.” Irene said as a matter of fact, emotionless as her face did not show any reaction at all.

“Irene, you know you’re just lying to yourself. I know deep in your heart you still love me. Don’t lie to yourself, dear. Look, if you still worry that husband of yours-”

Irene’s eyes glared with fire, sending a very sharp one towards Seulgi. “His name is Song Mino in case if you forgotten.” her voice sounded icy and cold. “Yeah, whatever. If you afraid he will catch us, so what? We’re both already been in a long relationship. Who is he to-”

Never in Seulgi’s mind thought that woman in front of her who she loves with all her heart could do something that she did not expect to; slapping her hard on her cheek.

!

“Don’t you dare to say anything bad about him! You know what, Seulgi? In my opinion, you’re the who ing miserable here! You can’t face the fact that I throw you away! You can’t face the reality that I never love you just like you do! You are a damn ing coward! You can’t even take it when I told you that there’s nothing between us. Why? Because in your life, there’s only just about you! You only care for yourself! That’s a very selfish of yourself, you know. So, who’s the pathetic one here?! Me or you?” Irene finally burst her anger out, looking at Seulgi with that blazing eyes of her, her thin lip twitched in a wicked way.

She scoffed, rolling her eyes in annoyance before ogling at Seulgi again. “Face the fact. I never be yours and I will never be. You know what? Even if my husband and I probably no longer together, I will never go myself to you. I never love you, Seulgi. All of this time, I only think of you as a close friend of mine. But you – you took that advantage to manipulate me. You control my mind and took advantage on me who was suffering from a heartbreak at that time! So from what I see, you’re no difference but mainly a ing liar who takes advantage on weak people like me! But guess what, I’m grateful that I realize it soon before I fully trap in this damn hell game of yours. Know why?”

Irene smiled cynically before continued. “Because I’ve finally find someone who all of this time accept for who I am. For this attitude of mine, for the dark secret that I hide in my life and for who I really am. It just that I don’t see all of that even though that person is standing right in front me, being by my side all the time even when I push him away.” Irene’s voice became lower now, her eyes staring at the table as if she was lost in her own deep thoughts.

“Don’t tell me you ing in love with him because you never do, Irene!” Seulgi said, gritting her teeth, could not believe the person in front of her is the same Irene she’s in love with.

“What if I say yes? Yes, I am in love with him. Completely, fully and there’s nothing in this world can change about it. Not even you, Kang Seulgi.” Irene talked back, crossing her arms on her chest.

Seulgi scoffed in disbelief, shaking her head. this! She did not come all the way here to hear that confession love from Irene towards that damn husband of hers! Damn you, Song Mino! you for stealing Irene from me! If it wasn’t because of you, Irene won’t act like this! No, this is all your fault, Mino! Seulgi furiously screaming in her mind.

“You heard me, Seulgi. There’s nothing anymore between us. I don’t think I can ever be friend with you anymore if you keep acting and thinking that there’s something special between us although it wasn’t. It was never be. You’re the one who act like we’re lovers.” Irene murmured, staring at Seulgi then.

“Please leave now. I’ve had enough of this with you and please, don’t come here after this. In fact, don’t even you dare to show up in my life after this. Between us, it’s over. ing and deadly over and face the reality. If you really think I’m that quiet type who would just let you do anything that you want, you’re dead wrong, woman. I’m a lawyer. You know what a lawyer does right? So, don’t mess up with me, Seulgi.” Irene warned, her eyes glared at Seulgi coldly, really meant her words just now.

Seulgi bit her lip hardly, she could even feel some blood stain already. “You will regret this, Irene. You will regret for leaving me because one day, you will begging to me to accept me back! You ungrateful !” Irene raised both of her eyes, her expression was calm, did not seem to affect her at all.

“Leave before I use the hard way to make you do that.” Irene replied back, her eyes fiercely staring back at Seulgi.

Seulgi let out a deep huff before walked towards the door then, making sure to slam it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter