CH20

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
20 CHAPTER TWENTY  

She was awake when she felt that it took long enough time for her to fell asleep. Irene quietly moved a bit, stretching her body so that it would relax her stiffen body better; sleeping with only half of her upper body lying on the bed wasn’t a really good idea. Slowly, Irene gave a small squeeze to her pair of eyes before fluttered them open; slower at first before her eyes shot widen in startled, a gasp escaped from her already part lip.

 

What the…

Irene pulled herself together before she carefully leaned backward, blinking her eyes few times.

Okay, did I do something last night? How on earth I ended up being up here?! Irene thought as her forehead creased, looking at herself at that time. Thank God, the person next to her was still sleeping, did not seem to affect from her sudden movements. Plus, she did not know what to do if that person sleeping right next to her woke up by now. That probably the last thing Irene hoped because she mostly did not want him to see her in very flushing red face at the moment.

Mino’s arm was underneath Irene’s head, acted as her pillow since when Irene also did not have a clue. She just woke up and surprisingly to see that she was sleeping with Mino’s arm under her head, acting as her pillow while one of her hand placed right on his chest, almost like hugging her husband.

Irene carefully sat upright, sitting on the bed with her heart beating as if she just ran from a marathon. She curiously thought on how did she end up sleeping on the same bed with Mino. She even slept on his arm for God knows how long and he did not even complain or even feel tired about it? Well, that’s weird, Irene silently hummed. Thinking that she should get herself up, Irene carefully; tried to not make any sound – climbing down the bed then, smoothing the clothes that she still wearing from last night.

Of course, she would still wearing the same clothes from last night. It’s not like she expected to bring some new clothes here with her when Kai suddenly brought her all the way to this bungalow. Irene looked around then, trying to find a clock which could tell her the time right now.

It was eight thirty in the morning already – still early and fresh with sun shining brightly for that lovely day. Looking at how Mino still in his deep sleep, Irene decided to go to the kitchen and perhaps find something to cook, making a breakfast for him. She was smiling a small smile as she nervously thought about her first time cooking and making breakfast for Mino. Irene did not even remember if she ever cooks for him or eat with him – all alone with only the two of them. The only time they ever eat together is when Irene’s parent or Mino’s parent are around. Or else, just save it in a dream.

Remembering all of that somehow made Irene a bit upset. She could not believe that she just stupidly wasted these few years – blind for not seeing the person in front of her. The person who always there without she even realize, a person who never once look down on her unlike she was to him. She always mock him especially with that ice hockey career in his life; telling that he would not go anywhere with that unfixed, a proper-like career.

She’s wrong though. She clearly could see the proof of his career. As an example, this big bungalow that he bought by himself. Irene did not feel mad if Mino kept about this bungalow thing from her because personally, Irene would think he might do that.

Who is she in his life for him to tell this kind of thing?

That’s all right. She deserved it. Definitely. She’s the one who messed up with everything so she really deserved the payback. Karma is such a . Truly yes for that. But well, if that’s what it takes to pay the price in loving him, Irene would agree and go along with it.

Mino was right of what he told her. He’s hurt - a lot. And all of that because of herself. She’s the one who hurt him so she could not blame him for what happened. If Irene in his shoes, she probably feel and think the same. Truthfully, she could not even imagine if she really is in Mino’s situation. What if one day she finds out about Mino and other woman? Maybe Kim Jennie? that! Over my dead body first before it can happen! Irene angrily hissed.

Maybe that’s what Mino felt. He felt betrayed of what Irene did to him. Like he said, she broke the only thing he ever gave to her; his trust. He trusted her till the extent he believed Irene would know how to take care of herself, to know the limits as someone’s wife but Irene screwed it all – almost everything of it.

So yeah, it’s all her fault mainly. And now, it’s all up to her. That’s why Irene did not want to give up. She might not know Mino that well but she will sooner or later and she also know how kind heart her husband actually is. She did not want to pressure him to accept her after what she had done but still, Irene hoped Mino won’t be pushing her away anymore. She would rather let him not wanting to talk to her or yelling at her if that's what make him satisfy, but not walking out from her life again.

It’s more than enough for Irene to bear the painful, longing feeling that she felt when Mino was away from her, leaving her all by herself without him by her side, standing in front of her. If before she did not give a damn less care about him, Irene would now kiss goodbye to all of that. She’s not that old Irene who dumbly thought about her only feeling, hurting other people without even realize, but she wants to be the new Irene - a person who trying hard to become much better person in the future.

It takes time – yes; but well, everything in this world requires time and that’s what Irene going to do. Leaving all of this to time – for Mino and her.

 

 

I hope he doesn’t get mad at me. Well, at least, I do what I have to, right?

Kai thought to himself, still thinking about what had happened between Mino and Irene. Well, thanks to his sympathy towards Irene, Kai somehow broke his promise towards Mino for keeping the secret about him who actually got back from Australia two weeks earlier and also about his condition after been hit by a motorcycle few days after that.

What a fate.

Honestly, Kai did not know why Mino thought keeping the fact about him back to this country again was somehow the best thing for Irene and him. Like seriously, what was that man thinking?! Even if both of them fighting like hell, at least, they should just put aside their pride and the egoistic feeling inside them for a moment.

Thinking about how complicated and scary marriage could be based on what Kai have seen between Mino and Irene made the young man rethink again about his thought in marriage. If this marriage thing is this difficult, maybe stick to being a single is much profit than tied towards someone or a commitment or maybe responsibility. Talking about responsibility already made Kai cringed in uneasy.

Maybe that’s the reason why he still being like this; going out with women without having no fear of being tied in a relationship or towards someone.

But still, even Kai knows himself. Sometimes, he did think about this, about the future in front of him. Is he really going to be like this till the end? Well, Mino once said to him that if he still keep that attitude of him, that flirty side of him – well, maybe he really is going to end up being the lonely forever person.

 

 

It did not take long for Irene to fell in love with the bungalow which has its own charm. From the outside view till the interior design; every inch and angle of the house, Irene definitely felt the bungalow left her in speechless of amazement and awe, completely impressed with the place.

She even took some time to do a little tour by herself, exploring inside the bungalow.

There are all together five rooms in the bungalow if that’s even right of what Irene had counted and kept in her mind already. Of course, the master room is the one that Mino currently sleeping inside. The master room which also the main and the largest room of all in the bungalow is somehow kind of similar to Mino’s room at the their other place. The only difference is probably that this master bedroom has its own walk in closet which Irene actually considered as another one room, looking how big and modern, luxury typed one; only that the slide door to the walk in closet is connected to the main bedroom – so, the only way to get to the walk in closet is through the main bedroom.

Two rooms which Irene assumed for visitors or guests who probably come here to this bungalow; those two rooms have the same concept and things - one queen sized bed, a large with three doors closet and also a makeup table for a complete set needed in a bedroom. One of the rooms that Irene noticed was a bit different. The room has two single beds which were separated by a wooden vanity table at the center of the room, along with a makeup table also and not to miss, a three doors designed closet.

Still, one room needs to be furnished since there’s nothing much actually inside the room except for a rectangular with abstract painting on it and also a mini table at an angle of the room. The last room that Irene went to was probably her most favorite one – the mini library room that Irene would prefer to call.

Like its name, the room is already half filled with books that neatly organized as if in a library. There was also a coffee table at a corner of the room with a long couch next to it, dark blue in color. There were all together six shelves in the room and two of them already full placed, the other one is half of it and others are basically still empty. Irene seriously did not expect that she would see this kind of room in this bungalow.

One fact that she knows now – Mino loves book and that of course, meaning that he also loves to read.

Irene still need to prepare a breakfast for Mino and also herself. When she took a quick glance at a clock hung on the wall, she realized that it’s already quarter past nine and without notice, she spend more than fifteen minutes already from what she thought earlier before she decided to take a tour of this bungalow all by herself.

Quickly, she half ran towards the kitchen which somehow located at the far opposite end from where she was before. Thanks to this big bungalow, Irene somehow found herself feeling very tiny as if one of the dwarfs in that Snow White and Seven Dwarfs story thanks to her small figure. Yeah, even Jinah, her friend sometimes teases her about that petite, small figure of hers.

Due to the limited things in the kitchen and not knowing much where to find the utensils and everything, Irene just ended up making something very simple that morning; a banana pancake with some berries toping on top of it. Since baking is one of her strengths, Irene did not have any difficulties in doing that. Plus, the idea of making banana pancakes came when she spotted some bananas in the refrigerator, the berries along with few other fruits inside.

Finishing making the pancake batter in a bowl, Irene began to make some small round pancakes and busied herself in the kitchen, did not even realize that someone was looking at her every movement from a corner, an amusement expression displayed on his face. With few steps taken, he quietly made his way towards the kitchen, standing in the kitchen with Irene who still did not notice about his presence, before opened his mouth to speak then.

“What are you doing?”

That voice coming from behind and all of sudden almost made Irene screamed in fear, the plate that she was holding at the moment fortunately did not slip from her grip. Her forehead creased before she turned her body around, more than surprised to see Mino standing there, behind the kitchen island.

“Err, I-I’m making some pancakes.” Irene’s voice stammered, her hand gesturing towards the bowl contained the pancake batter that she made just now.

Mino raised one of his eyebrows, his voice was hoarse and raw when he spoke. “Really?” Irene did not miss to hear the surprise tone from Mino’s voice, he probably did not believe that she actually can do this kind of thing. Yeah right, he never know because basically he doesn't know about it. How could he, right? Irene slowly nodded her head, turning her body almost immediately when she noticed that Mino being staring at her deeply since the first moment he stepped into the kitchen.

Is he angry because I used his kitchen without permission? Crap! Maybe I shouldn’t be doing this! Irene mentally screaming in her mind, biting her lip nervously. She could feel herself shaking because of the heavy burden coming from Mino’s eyes that still staring towards her, studying her movements in the kitchen.

Great! Now, she absolutely could not do her thing properly.

“Err, shouldn’t you be in bed? I mean – you’re not feeling well last night and your body still in a weak condition.” Irene quietly murmured without looking at Mino, trying very hard to focus on the pancakes that she’s making at the moment.

It was a small pause before she heard Mino’s voice then. “I’ve already had more than enough of sleep.” Mino answered in low voice then before taking a seat on one of the stools arranged in organize way - a straight line lined up against the two table of the kitchen island in the kitchen. He rested both of his arms on the surface, carefully watching out for his hand that injured due to the accident.

A silence fall between of them as neither Irene nor Mino prefer to just keep their mouth shut. Irene was feeling a bit uncomfortable, knowing that herself being watched by Mino behind her. She hurriedly finish the last batch of the pancakes that she made before finishing all of them and arranged the already hand-made pancakes into a stack of tower with some berries toping on top of it.

Taking a deep breath, Irene then turned her body again, facing Mino who currently still staring at her, did not even look away she walked closer towards the kitchen island, placing the plate with a tower of pancakes in front of Mino, gesturing him to have a taste of the pancakes that she just freshly made.

“You’re not eating?” Mino did not eat but instead asking Irene, looking at her then.

Irene smiled a small smile before shaking her head. “That’s okay. I’ll make another one for me.” she answered, pulling off the ponytail hair that she made earlier when she was making the pancake batter, her strawberry blonde hair fall loosely on her shoulders in wavy length until the hollow of her chest. Mino stared at her for a moment, charmed by Irene's beautiful look just now which she done it without even realizing.

“Do you want anything else? I can make it for you.” Irene suddenly asked, looking away as she tried to avoid Mino’s pair of strong gaze on her. “I do.” Mino answered then. “I want you to sit here and eat with me.” Irene was taken aback with what Mino told her, her eyes met with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter