CH33

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
33 CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE  

The man who stood near to the window, staring at the outside view with blank feeling as a deep sigh escaped from his mouth then. He pressed his lip together, shaking his head in dismay when he remembered of what happened before.

 

I didn’t mean to make her hurt but I think it’s better to tell her the truth rather than she finds out that I’m hiding something from her again. I can’t bear to put another hard situation between both of us again - not anymore. That’s what I promise her. His mind silently thought then.

Mino turned to look over his shoulder, seeing that his wife still in a deep sleep after being injected by one of the nurses before - right after Irene suddenly threw tantrum and began to act hysterically when Mino finally told that golden hair woman about what had happened to her; how bad she injured and not to forget, that sad, tragic news about her miscarriage. In that deep sleep, Irene looked much calmer compared to before. But still, that did not change the fact that his wife looked in such a mess with her puffy eyes, her pale face and not to mention, the exhaustion pressing on her.

He already expected that this kind of reaction Irene would show, but still, Mino did not think that it would become to this extend. He realized that maybe telling Irene about her miscarriage right after she woke up wasn’t really a good idea. Perhaps, he should wait much longer - probably when Irene seem much better enough and maybe that’s the right time for him to talk about that matter towards his wife.

Still, Mino did not want to take the risk to let his wife knows about the miscarriage news from others but not from him. He just did not want to repeat the same mistake that he had done before which gave a big impact towards his relationship with Irene. Not just that - he did not realize that he might be putting their marriage in danger.

Right now, Mino just hopes that Irene will accept about her miscarriage slowly. Yeah, he absolutely know how hard it is for Irene to receive this news especially when she just awake life few hours ago after being in a coma for almost two weeks.

At least, that’s what Mino can do towards Irene because the thought of seeing his wife in a broken state really tearing him apart and for the beastly figure man, that might be the last ever thing that he wants to see at the time.

 

 

“I’m glad that you still want to be my friend despite what happened before. I shouldn’t be mad at you for what happened between me and her. Instead, I think I should be grateful for what you have done to me. I’m so stupid for believing in her.” the man with dark brown hair quietly murmured, his index finger gradually fixing the spectacles that hanging at the middle bridge of his small nose.

The young woman glanced at the person who walked next to her, a slight of smile pasted on her lip at that time. “That’s alright, Tae Woo. I’ve already forget about it. Besides, I understand if that’s what you feel - it’s not easy to believe others though.”

Tae Woo looked at his friend beside him, calling for her then. “Ari?”

“Are you still mad at me?” the man carefully asked the young woman who he already think as his family; more like his younger sister actually.

Ari’s lip formed a small smile, shaking her head then. “No, I’m not. Why? You think I’m still mad at you after what you’ve done? For being mad at me just because I suddenly attacking your ex-girlfriend? That's what you mean?” the young woman returned back with a kind of cynical question towards Tae Woo, her pink with that light pink color formed a a thin, straight line.

“Sort of.” he shrugged in an awkward position. “I know that I shouldn’t accuse you for being so dramatic and busybody. It just that - I could not put myself to easily believe of what happened. I thought that she loves me the way I feel about her. I guess, I’m the only one, huh?”

Ari looked at Tae Woo long before let out a small sigh, placing her hand on Tae Woo’s shoulder then, giving a quick smile at him. “Hey, I’m fine, okay? Don’t worry so much. Besides, like I said before, I already forget about everything. Plus, it’s a bonus for me to give that hard slap towards Jiyeon. She deserved it somehow for breaking my best friend’s heart!” Ari rolled her eyes in annoyance when remembering that night incident at the club.

Tae Woo let out a small laugh. “You really are a bravest person that I ever meet and know in my life. I still can’t believe you had guts to do that to her. Is there anyone else watching what you did to her that night? I hope there's not.”

Ari breath caught then, her mind immediately thought about that mysterious man who was also at the scene when she attacked Jiyeon that night. Their meeting did not just end that night but ever since that incident, Ari did not know why it seem like both of them have this kind of coincidence to meet or bump with each other. Plus, with the fact that the man almost know about her past, Ari surely did not want that to happen.

It’s only enough that only Tae Woo knows about me and my past. I don’t want to take another risk anymore. Not this time - after everything that I hardly done before. Ari silently thought in her mind, did not realize that Tae Woo was actually with her at that time.

“Ari? Hey, are you listening to me? Down to earth, Park Arine.”

“H-Huh? What are you saying?” Ari was brought back to the reality time, giving that confused eyes towards Tae Woo who let out a chuckle then, shaking his head.

“Nothing, actually. Come on, let me buy you a drink. It’s been a while since both of us got a chance to spend our time together like this. I’m sorry that I’ve been busy lately with my own thing. You know - lot of things to settle.” Tae Woo murmured under his breath quietly as the two of them began to walk towards a small kiosk in the shopping mall; one of the places that both of them will visit whenever they go to this mall.

As usual, Tae Woo bought two drinks then - bubble green tea for him and one cookies and cream flavor frappuccino for the young woman. “So, how’s college? You will be graduating soon, right? If I’m not mistaken, you will graduate next two months, right?” Ari asked, a smile pasted on her lip as she was taking few sips of her drink - it’s been a moment since the last time she tasted this favorite drink of hers.

Tae Woo slightly nodded his head. “Yeah, if there’s a will, I’ll be graduating within two months from now.”

“Nervous?” Ari glanced at Tae Woo, quirked a grin towards him. The man beside her shoved both of his shoulder, pursing his lip as he also took few sips of his drink. “Maybe; I don’t know actually. I’m not sure if I’m ready enough to leave the college and enter into a new world. Getting a job and working under someone - it’s actually scare to think about it, you know.”

Ari slightly smile, nodding her head as she also agreed with her best friend’s words. “But still, life must keep going. If you can do it, why not me, right?” the young woman flickered her eyes towards Tae Woo, seeing the sincere, honest pair of eyes behind those rectangular spectacle that her friend wearing.

“Sometimes, I really wish I have that kind of spirit that you have, Ari. For me, you are the toughest and bravest person that I know in my life. Despite what happened to you before, you still can stand up and fight with all of that and becoming who you are right now. I’m really proud and grateful to have a friend like you - who I’ve already think as my own younger sister.”

Tae Woo gave an assuring, bright smile towards that young woman. “You don’t have to compliment me that much. I’m not like what you think I am and you know that, Tae Woo. You’re the only one who know the real me; about my past and the old me. You don’t know how thankful and grateful I feel on you especially for everything that you’ve done to me. I seriously don’t know how to repay your kindness toward me.” Ari replied back, pressing her lip together as she spoke quietly.

“Can you promise me something, Ari?”

Ari turned to meet with Tae Woo’s eyes, raising one of her eyebrows. “Promise me that you will never run away again. If there’s something that you need, you know that I’m always here for you. At least, if you don’t want to think me as your family, just think about our friendship, will you?” Tae Woo looked at the young woman with hoping eyes.

“You know that I don’t like promises, right? But, I’ll try my best. You once saved me and I owe you more than I ever can imagine. How can I break my savior’s heart then? Am I right?” Ari said, flashing a quick smile towards Tae Woo then.

The man playfully rolled his eyes before letting out a laugh then. Both of them continued to walk around the mall, chatting with each other as they spend their time together for today. Like before, this kind of time is a usual thing for both, Tae Woo and Ari. Ever since Tae Woo knew what happened towards Ari before and the fact that he's the only one who knows; the two of them grow closer with each other and sometimes, people might mistaken them for a couple due to their closeness and also strong friendship.

At first, it was kind of awkward for Ari and Tae Woo when people think of them as an couple but then, the two people decided to just ignore about that. Plus, it’s not like people going to stop thinking or talking about them as a couple even if they explain to them, right? No matter what, people will always talk and talk about what they see without even think first. The only thing that they do are judging them without knowing the real part of truth.

Well, that’s how life is.

Just as the two of them were passing through few boutiques in the mall, out of blue, Ari’s pair of eyes caught a figure that seem very familiar towards her - walking towards her direction at that time. She did not know why and what just absorbed into her that made her from stop walking and suddenly stood there all alone with Tae Woo walking straight ahead; did not notice of the current situation.

Ari noticed the shock expression on that person’s face when the two of them met their contact together - both of them probably did not expect to see each other at this place. Just like Ari, that person’s move became much slower before leading him to stop few meters away from where she is. Both of them stared at each other, no words come between them at that time - only their eyes communicated with each other before someone’s voice disturbing their precious moment.

“Ari!”

As if being awaken by the voice, Ari’s eyes broke the contact between the two of them. Her eyes flickered towards Tae Woo who already far ahead from her, even already passing by that person. “Why are you stopping? Come on!” urged Tae Woo, looking at the young woman in a confusion as he realized that she was standing few meters away from him.

Not even took a glance towards that person, Ari quickly made herself towards Tae Woo’s side then, standing next to that man. “What are you doing? I thought you were walking next to me.” Tae Woo muttered once Ari stood beside him. “N-Nothing. Err, let’s go!” Ari said then, giving a small smile towards Tae Woo before quickly walked again with Tae Woo chasing behind her, felling all confused and weird with Ari sudden change of bheavior.

Why I feel like so guilty right now? As if I just did something bad. Ari weirdly thought as she walked, trying to look behind her but shrug the intention away, not wanting to take the risk.

 

 

He was about to step inside the cafe before suddenly, stopping at the already half opened door of the small cafe, out of sudden feeling hesitate. Kai thought for a moment, thinking the real reason on why he actually here at this cafe after like not going to this place almost a week already.

Thanks to his busy schedule, Kai did not have time much to go to this cafe again even though that he just simply can drive himself to this place whenever he wants to.

Kai shamelessly admitted - he could not never forget Ari in his life. That cryptic young woman is seriously torturing him mentally. No matter what, Kai just could not easily act like he did not give a damn care towards Ari. He did not know why that young woman seem to be a part of his life now despite that both of them actually did not have any relation at all.

Perhaps, he’s the only one who acting this way. Maybe that young woman did not even remember him at all based on how their meeting before this always end up in a sour fight. If only there’s a way that Kai could think that might solve this problem between him and that young woman.

Besides, Kai knows that there’s something Ari is hiding; not just from him but perhaps, also people around her. Behind that innocence, pure face - there’s something that Ari trying hard to keep it by myself and doesn’t want to share with the whole world. I wonder what it is that she being so secretive about it, Kai thought in his mind.

“Excuse me, you’re blocking the way.” someone suddenly said which made Kai a bit surprised, suddenly realizing that he been standing at the front door of the cafe for a moment of time.

Without wasting any time and with a small apologize came out from his mouth, Kai moved a bit then, giving a way towards that person before. Thinking that he already made his way far till the point he’s been standing at the front door already, the young man decided to enter the cafe then - warmness greeted him as soon he stepped inside the place.

His pair of eyes searched around then, checking at the counter first and felt a bit disappointed when there was no sign of that young woman there. It was another male worker that worked as the cashier in the cafe that time.

“Excuse me?” Kai stopped a female worker who was just about passed through him.

“Yes, may I help you?” the worked friendly asked with a smile on her lip. “Do you know if Ari works at this cafe today? I don’t see her at the cashier.” Kai told that female worked.

The female worker formed an ‘O’ form on her lip, smiling then. “Oh, Ari. Actually, she just finish her work shift. If I’m not mistaken, she still here in the cafe, at the back place. If you want to meet her, you can wait for her at the way out behind our cafe. She usually use that way.” Although Kai felt grateful towards the female worker for giving the info that he wants, still it did not feel right to just simply tell everything as if exposing something personal towards a total stranger.

Kai nodded, giving a quick smile towards the female worker before thanking her then. The light brown hair man then proceed outside, making his way towards the back of the cafe; fortunately for Kai, at the same time, Ari was just about walked out from the cafe’s door - staring down before looked up, her movement stopped once she laid her eyes on him.

“I’m sorry for showing up like this but I seriously need to talk to you. Please?” Kai asked that young woman with ombre hair style, looking at her with pleading eyes.

Ari could not hide her surprise to see this man again at the back of the cafe where she’s working as a part time worker. Mixed feelings playing inside her mind once she laid her eyes towards the man standing in front of her; it’s been like a moment since she last saw him before.

Not answering Kai’s request, Ari decided to ignore him just like she always do before. She did not know why but her instinct strongly told her to avoid this man whom she thought as a stranger in her life; not just because she did not know him but also, the fact that this mysterious man might probably knows the truth about her life - the one that she always try to hide from the world. Besides, she did not want to take risk by letting this man entering her world. Ari did not want to repeat the same mistake that she once did before which led to the hell of her life - creating the old of her where most people treated her like someone who doesn’t even exist.

Kai let out a deep breath when she saw Ari ignored him just like she always do, walking away from him as she passed by him then. He scoffed lightly, shaking his head before opening his mouth then, talking in a voice that loud enough for the young woman to hear.

“You know what? I seriously don’t understand how your life work. The other day, three men were chasing you. That day, you were walking with another man at the mall and now, when I’m asking you nicely to give me some time, you easily ignore me as if I’m talking to the wall. How can a person be so selfish and rude at the same time?” Kai finally let out his annoyance towards Ari, wanting to let that young woman know what exactly she’s doing.

Ari slowly stopped from walking - the words that Kai threw at her before directly pointing and hitting on her. She bit her lip, holding her fist at the side of her body. “If you think that I don’t deserve to know whatever happening in your life, that’s your problem. And I respect if that’s what you want. But at least, show some grateful towards someone who actually saved you from letting bad things happen to you, miss.”

The young woman was having a hard time trying to keep herself unaffected by Kai’s words that being thrown towards her. She still at the same position, holding herself together to not act recklessly at this moment.

Kai then walked closer toward that young woman, now standing right in front of her before opening his mouth to speak again only to be cut by Ari out of sudden. “You’re done? Or there’s still something that you feel unsatisfied about me?” Ari calmly asked with a flat voice, staring at Kai with boring and irritation feeling.

“Tell me, something. Who are you exactly? Are you working a double work? Being a cashier at a cafe one time and another time, going out with different man. That’s what-”

Before Kai could finish his sentence, he felt a strong force hit his right cheek then. “Who the hell you are to think that you can easily judge me by only staring at my life?! For God’s sake, you don’t even know me and neither do I to you! So what if I’m doing a double work? That’s not your ing problem! If you really want me to be grateful, then I say what you expect to hear the most! Thank you for saving my life that night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter