CH23

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
23 CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE  

I was resting my head against his hard and lean chest when his voice whispered right against my ear, making me ticklish a bit thanks to his warmth breath.

 

“You know,” he said then. “Seeing you wearing in this white dress – remind me of something. It felt like I’m seeing you again on our wedding day.” his low base voice hit my heart as I caught my own breath. “You walking down the aisle with dad by your side, the white lilies bouquet that you held along with you and that simple white wedding dress that you wore on that day. I still can remember it clearly.”

I pursed my lip as I looked up then, meeting with his soft gaze. “You did?” I asked him, half shocked and half relieved. I did not know why I felt so please to hear that, as he still could remember all of that well. Of course, I still could remember that day – the day where my life completely changed; my status as someone wife to a person named Song Mino. But, I did not even know for myself if remember all of that too well like him.

He nodded his head slowly, running his black pair of eyes on my face then. “I still remembered how cold your hand was at that time and I could sense how nervous you were when we both stood right next to each other.” I was taken aback for seconds when I saw he was chuckling softly under his breath.

God, he just gave me something precious to keep in mind.

“Of course, that sour expression on your face when the priest told me to kiss my bride.” he added more which somehow made me blushed in crimson red, feeling my face getting heated up. “And also you look startled when I kissed your cheek.” he smiled at me that genuine smile which made my heart could burst at any minute.

I cleared my throat then, quickly moved away my eyes, trying to avoid his gaze on me. “You’re blushing, Joohyun.” he stated which made me blushed even more, hiding my face on his chest as I felt myself safe in his arms; the two of us were still in that slow dance mode at the backyard of his parent house.

I wondered if his parent were looking for us right now.

We’re both fall in a silence again as I did not know what to say and maybe he also wanted to enjoy this moment of time for the two of us just like I felt right now. “Can I ask you something?” I quietly asked against his denim shirt, my eyes searched for his face. “Another tricky question, Mrs. Song?” an amusement expression shown on his dashing face.

My shoulder shrugged then as I pressed my lip together. “I-I want to know something. About you and Jennie.” I muttered in very whispering voice, absolutely avoiding his eyes as I spoke. I did not think I could find some courage or strength if I look into his eyes as we’re both talking about this matter that I’ve been wanting to talk since that incident happened at his bungalow before.

“Okay. Go on, then.” he prompted, his voice was still calm though.

At first, I was hesitate because I’m afraid that this conversation that we’re having going to tense up the two of us and the last thing I would want to happen is probably arguing with him. I just did not want to ruin this moment that we’re having right now but still, I could not help but to ask him as curiosity also killing me inside at the same time.

“What actually happen before at the bungalow? I mean – how did she know about that place? And how can she enter the house? Do you let her in, Mino?” I carefully asked as I bit my lip when I saw the change of expression on his face; bold and dangerous as if I’ve just push myself into a dark hell.

He was silence for how long I also did not know and I felt regretted immediately for just stupidly ruining this precious moment between us. I gazed away then, a bit upset because I just made him mad at me because of that stupid and childish question that I asked him just now.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t ask you that question. Just forget what-”

“I didn’t know that it was her at the door. I thought it was you, Joohyun.” I could not even finish my sentence when he cut before me, making me glanced at him then. “When I opened the door and saw that it was her, I was so shock and could not think of anything for a moment. Then, without permission, she slipped through me, stepping inside the bungalow uninvited. I did ask her to go out because I know that you’re coming and the thought of you seeing Jennie and I in that bungalow alone really made me worry, Joohyun.”

His gaze fall on me as his deep, strong gaze stared directly into my eyes. “I know you. That’s why I tried to chase Jennie out but she didn’t listen to me. Instead, she even took an advantage on me. And that time, you came in along with Kai. At that moment, the only think in my mind is about you.”

“I was afraid of what you’re going to think when I saw those pair of eyes that looking at me with regret – as if you trust the situation more without giving me a chance to explain first.” he told me in low voice, his face looked hard and now, I really felt terrified – the fact that I’ve push him too hard made me felt so bad and useless at the same time.

I gulped nervously, trying to gain some courage as I opened my mouth then. “Is that the reason why you kiss me? Because you know that I didn’t believe you at that time?” I looked at him, staring for an answer from him.

He let out a sigh then. “Maybe yes. Or not. I also did not know why I kiss you. Probably because I’m afraid that you will turn and walk away from me, with that your own thoughts in your mind. I just – don’t want us to argue of something. Not anymore. I’m really tired of it, Joohyun. I really do. I also don’t want you to think of what I would think you will. It just killing me – tearing me into pieces.”

I felt that it was hard to the breath to just inhale; definitely touched by his sudden and unexpected words. “I really shouldn’t do that to you, Joohyun. I snatched away the memory spot of your first kiss – a sweet, probably romantic one but I just ruined it. Dammit.” I heard he silently cursed, almost like mad at himself.

My eyes stared at him long before I opened my mouth to speak, stammered at first. “Well, maybe. But, who cares? At least, my first kiss is with someone that I truly love in my heart. It didn’t matter for me how the kiss was, it was you that made it memorable for me to remember. Of course, I was shocked when you suddenly did that but, I also know you, Mino. I know that you’re not taking advantage me. You just claim what you should before. And I did not expect our first kiss to be like that but well, it will be boring if it always a happy, fairytale like one, right?”

He tried to smile at me, a very short and quick one; his expression was already soft and that warm, sincere gaze hit my face again as I feeling myself blushed all over again.

“How did you do it?” he asked me again after a long pause between us.

I rose both of my eyebrows, a bit confused by his question. “You make me feel a very better person of myself. To let me show the truth of myself even though it’s hard for me to do that. You simply pull out the best of me without force or anything, Joohyun. How can you able to do that?”

My lip tighten in a straight line as I was thinking then. “Maybe because we have each other. That’s enough for me. I won’t ask for anything else. As long you’re here with me, hold my hand to this long journey, I know I’ll able to go through it. You’re just like another piece of me; you’re missing, I just lose myself then.” He looked at me under that long, strong gaze which made me felt a bit uneasy.

Did I say something wrong? Why I felt like I just did something wrong and that’s why he gave me that stare. God, what I have done now?

Before I could open my mouth to ask him, he cut me first. My mind almost immediately reminded back to that familiar situation that we had before. That first kiss we had – a kiss that I also did not know whether to call a first kiss or not. His lip was soft against mine, kissing me so tender and gentle that made myself swept away by his sweet movement.

His hand was holding the back of my nape as he deepened more into the kiss, making me felt breathless and wanting him more. God, did I ever tell he’s a very damn good kisser? Well, there no doubt about it. The way he kissed me with full claim on my lip, changing his head to another angle so that he could press his lip against mine longer made me felt like I’m in heaven right now.

My mind was spinning and when I felt like I was going to faint from this unexpected gesture from him, he pulled away almost slowly, this time playfully playing with my lower lip as he broke the kiss which left me longing for him – already missed the taste of him.

“That’s our first kiss should be, Joohyun.”

 

 

Damn.

That was the first thing I thought when I received the letter that now safely placed on my work table; I could not even take my eyes off that rectangular, white paper even though I had read it like an hour ago. I did not even remember when did the time Eliane came knocked to the door and handed me this letter.

Fine then. Whatever.

I bit my lip as I gazed at the letter for how many times already only God knows. Like seriously? What with that sudden five days? Why can’t it just be like only for a day or something? Is this some kind of punishment or what? Or is it some kind of prank that someone want to do at me?

Okay, maybe I just overthinking.

Great. I exhaled deeply, leaning myself against the chair as I thought about the content of the letter. I know that it just another case that I’ve actually working on before and there’s still few things need to be done but seriously, a ing five days for this law-related program that held by a well-known firm which if I’m not mistaken, I did cooperate with one or two lawyers from that firm.

I did not mean to brag but since my performance as a famous lawyer that mostly give my best and all whenever I’m in a court or handling cases, I always get invited by this kind of program. Usually, I did not mind to participate because well, experience and whatever input I can get from the program will help me to improve myself in every way that I could think; skills, experience and more that I could get benefits with when I’m in the program. But now, I honestly felt not interested to join this program.

Is it because I don’t want to leave him? But, he’s not a kid, Irene for God’s sake. I hummed in silence as I thought about that thing which been lingering in my mind since I finished reading the content. Maybe I should ask him first, asking for his advice or more specifically, for his permission.

My lip curved into a small grin as I could imagine about this. God, I could not believe I’m still the person that has the name Bae Joohyun – no, it’s Song Joohyun. I should get myself use to call with that new name. Although before I hate it when people addressed me as Mrs. Song, but for now, I felt happy and please to hear that name. Because for me, that mean I fully accept him and love him deeper and that love feeling still growing until now. Right?

 

 

I sat myself alone in the hotel lobby, sipping my hot drink carefully – burning my tongue as I could feel the sting of hotness coming from that cup of drink. God, it just been three days but still, I could not help myself feel like that character in a romantic book; longing and missing so damn much that it really hurt me every time his thought came into my mind; playing repeatedly without nonstop.

His so good looking face, that muscular, lean and tight body figure that not only me who felt crazy and craving for it but also other shameless women out there. It’s not like I did not know the fact that he actually has a lot of females fans thanks to his charming or whatever quality that his fans see in him.

Yeah, I could not help to be jealous. So what? He’s my husband, es.

I shook my head then, throwing my sight towards the sea view that somehow made me felt a bit calmer and relax. At least, I did not think of him whenever I see that breathtaking view. That could help me a bit with the headache I felt since last night. I did not know why though.

Maybe because I skipped myself from eating last night although I could still remember too well everything that he said to me before I left the bungalow to come here though.

Take care of yourself. Don’t overdo yourself too much, no skipping meals and try to think this program as a moment of time of your rest. You need it, Joohyun. If there’s anything, you know how to find me. I’ll always be here, waiting for you with open arms.

God, how can someone like him be so romantic and sweet but at the same time giving that cold, heartless or emotionless appearance? I’m impressed the way he could handle that well. Of course, I felt happier actually. At least, no one except me know about that secret side of him. Whenever he does that, I felt like special in a way that I also did not know how to explain it.

Knowing Song Mino, my husband who is actually a hard person to show how much he care or love someone; I think those words slipped from his mouth already enough to tell me what he feels. I admitted he’s not a man that shows through words, he simply uses gestures and actions to tell people that he loves that he really cares for them. Like how he never forget to call his parent every weekend just to ask how they are doing, how close his brother friendship with Kai although sometimes I do think he feels annoyed with that young man.

I was so lost in my own deep thoughts when suddenly my phone vibrated in demand, asking me to pick up the caller who was calling me at the moment. Wonder who would it be?

“Irene!”

I rolled my eyes before could even greet the caller. “Sorry for suddenly disturbing. I’m not interrupting anything, right?” I heard my best friend, Jinah whispered quietly, afraid that she might actually disturbing my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter