CH10

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
10 CHAPTER TEN  

Lately, I noticed that there something wrong about her. It wasn’t like she fall sick or something, but there’s a slight of changes that I realized she never do it before or probably rarely in her life. Of course – she still with her own way; picking up a fight with me but I just noticed that it was quite different from what we both have been through before this.

 

Arguing with her all the time – 24/7 in my life, I’m sure there’s something wrong somewhere if she started to act different from her usual behavior.

It probably started last week and I noticed it when I was home after finishing my training session. At that time, it’s already half past three in the morning and I’ve expected her to be sleeping in her room. When I got home and was about to pass the kitchen area, then I realized her familiar figure standing at the side of the island counter at the center of the kitchen; she was facing against me and probably did not notice about my presence.

I stared at her direction for like a moment before decided to go to my room; having some proper rest because tomorrow I will be busy again for the training session. Then, I heard her quiet voice talking to herself in the kitchen, as if she was all alone at that time.

“For how long I have to keep about this? God – what I have to do now?”

My forehead creased when I accidently listened those words coming from her. What is the thing that she has to keep within herself? I thought to myself. Then, I saw her hanging her head down, pressing it on the surface of the island counter in the kitchen, sighing deeply.

Wait, why even care about her? It’s her problem not mine, right? I silently saying in my mind as I shook my head before heading towards my room then. Rather than thinking about her problem or anything that related to her, it would be much better if I just take some rest for myself.

 

 

“Don’t you know about the truth, hyung?”

I looked up, my forehead creased in respond. “What do you mean I know about the truth?” I asked him back, looking at him curiously. I guessed he was taken aback with my answer because then, he threw me such an absurd look; a small sigh escaped from his mouth then.

“I guess you still don’t know then.” he mumbled, shaking his head slowly.

“Kai, don’t beat around the bush. Just tell me what you exactly want to!” I told him with a stern voice and not to forget my sharp glance.

Kai chuckled quietly under his breath before he looked at me then. “Hyung, you remember the incident where Irene noona fall into the swimming pool, right?” I nodded my head slowly. Of course, I do remember that incident too well in my mind. I did not even know what would happen to her if I wasn’t there to save her at the right time.

“Why? What about the accident?” I asked Kai back.

“Well – you told me that it was Irene noona fault for being careless with herself which made her fall into the swimming pool, isn’t it? But hyung, do you know the real truth of what actually happen?” Kai murmured, looking at me with a serious pair of eyes.

“She wasn’t be careless with herself, hyung. Instead, she was humiliated by someone. And that particular person is someone that you know too well.” Kai continued more which made me more confused.

Humiliated?

“What do you mean by humiliated, Kai? And how did you know she was humiliated and not being careless? Why would someone do that to her? She could have been killed by that incident happened to her.” I asked few questions back to Kai, feeling absolutely confused and full of curiosity to know who was the person that should be responsible for the incident that day.

Kai’s lip formed a thin line, shrugging his body awkwardly. “I don’t know why that person did that to Irene noona, hyung. You should ask that person for that. And I’m sorry for saying this but I was there when Irene noona fall into the swimming pool. Yeah, I know I should help her right at the moment when she fall into the water but I knew somehow you will come and save her, hyung. Sorry for that.” Kai looked at me with apologetic face.

I stared at him in disbelief, scoffing under my breath. “Kai, do you know that she could die because of that incident? What if I didn’t make it to arrive at the right time? God!” I mumbled in disbelief, shaking my head then. Kai stared at me, a small smile formed on his lip then.

“Because I’m sure you will save her, hyung.” I looked up then, a bit surprised to hear that words uttered from Kai’s mouth.

“Yes, you might hate her, hyung. But I know you’re not that cruel or heartless enough to let someone die just because the hatred feeling you have for her. Besides, she’s your wife, hyung. You hate her but still, you have that responsibility as a husband in her life. I know you, hyung. It’s not like I just get to know you yesterday.” Kai added more, flashing his smile at me then.

It was a moment of silence between both of us but it did not last long when Kai decided to break the silence; gaining my attention back towards him.

“Anyway, about that particular person who had connection with this incident, I think you can guess who that person is. I don’t want to say it because you might think I’m biased or something but you’re smart enough to already know who is the responsible one for causing Irene noona to fell into the pool. A person who will always think Irene noona as a rival for having you in her life.”

I creased my forehead when listening to Kai’s word. Someone who thinks Joohyun as a rival? Why would someone thinks her as a rival just because she have me in my life? It’s not like she feels lucky to have me in her life. Besides, I bet both of us feel the opposite way from what people would think.

But wait – now that I think about it thoroughly, there’s only one person that came into my mind at this moment.

Is it her?

 

 

Right after I heard the sound of whistle coming from an angle, I heaved a relief sigh. At last – a goddamn break that I seriously need it and I presumed my other playmates also think the same way. Although it is a normal routine for me and the others for having a nonstop practice and training session for like four to five hours per day – but still, all of us just a normal human being created by God.

I was still packing up my stuff when I heard my name being called by a very familiar voice.

“Hi, oppa! I’m glad that you and your team have finish the training. Each one of you guys look like you can pass out if you guys keep training more.”

I did not reply nor say anything towards that person, only to keep doing my own things. Besides, it’s already late at night and I did not know why this person who was standing behind me at the moment could still be here. Won’t her parent be worried about her or something? Or at least, didn’t she have any other work to do aside from disturbing my time?

God!

“Anyway, oppa, are you going back home after this? If you like, I can accompany you for some drinks, maybe?” Jennie suggested, her voice sounded as if she was trying to catch my attention which for me such a total failure. I’m not being rude here but that’s the real fact of me. At least, I’m not being hypocrite with myself.

“Sorry, Jennie. I’m going to head straight home after this. Thanks for the offer – maybe you should try hit on someone else.” I calmly replied her invitation, pulling the sport bag strap on my left shoulder before started to walk away from her, heading to the locker room for the players.

“Oppa, do you know that your wife is cheating on you?”

I automatically stopped my track, frozen at the spot where I was standing at the moment. Did I hear it right?

The sounds of Jennie’s footsteps echoing in my ear as she walked to approach me before standing in front of me, an unreadable smile forme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter