CH32

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
32 CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO  

Those words, those sentences; everything keep playing over and over in my head as I fall in the pitch black of darkness.I heard the sounds echoing around the black area but still, I could not figure out where am I.

 

I was out of breath.I turned all over around, every possible way that I could; front, back, left and right. Everything I did. Still, it did not change because I’m still stay at the same spot or maybe I did move but I freaking did not know why I’m stuck in this alone of darkness.

My ears caught the echoing sound again, again and again. I want to cry as I want to know where am I and the fact why I’m all alone. But, my tears already out and I did not know how to express myself anymore.

Because I seriously lost - in this world of darkness.

Alone.

“I love you more than you can imagine, Joohyun.”

“You have my heart, my soul, my mind and my everything.No one else can take it from you, always remember that, Mrs. Song.”

“I never act that I care for you because I really do care about you.I never pretend my love for you because I really do in love with you, Joohyun. I never fake myself with you because I am being myself.”

“I miss you so much, Joohyun.”

“And I will never let it go, no matter what happen, you always be my wife - my other half in my life.”

“Because life without you is never be the same, baby.”

 

 

My eyelids felt so heavy that I wish I could force them to open. I wish I could wake up by now as I stared at the person lying on the bed; too many wires around her including other few things that I also did not know why all of them are there.

I know the person lying on the bed. I know her too well - too damn well that I could risk myself to be in the place just like she is right now. I’m certain because I know I’m staring at my myself; helpless lying with her pair of eyes shut tightly closed. Her face that white pale which I did not know whether I could be sure whether it is the same person like I am right now.

“When she’s going to wake up, doctor? It’s been more than a week already.”

A slight of frown appeared on my face before I turned my body around, my breath caught in a short one as I could see the person that I wish to see the most - my beloved husband, Mino. I ran myself towards him with a happy,relief smile on my lip as I approached myself closer to him, wanting to hug him before I realized something then.

You’re not real.You just your own imagination, the soul trap in other world of that person’s body lying on the bed.

Mino was standing behind the glass transparent wall that connect between the room where my body was lying inside on the bed and the outside world where he currently standing; his pair of eyes that sadly staring at my soulless body in the room.

“Give her some time, Mr. Song. I’m sure she will wake up soon. She’s not a person who easily gives up. She is fighting with her own life right now.” the doctor who stood few meters next to Mino quietly murmured, her lip smiling a small smile then.

Mino pressed his lip together, a deep sigh escaped from his mouth. I wish I could stop him from sighing and telling him that I’m okay - that I will wake up soon once I find myself back to my own body.

But, I couldn’t. I’m not real.

“I know you can hear me and feel my presence, baby. I really wish I can fight with you in there, helping you to get through all of this. I want to be with you always - sickness and health, remember?”I slightly smiled when I heard that part of sentence from the vow that both of us exchanged before when we got married.

“Come back to me, please. I don’t want to lose you, Joohyun.I just want you to come back again because I can’t see myself without you in my life, baby. Not without you.”a single drop of tear successfully escaped as it rolled down along my cheek.

My lip shut in tight as I stood right next close beside him, the love of my life. I smiled in a painful way that no one can see it, my finger reached out to touch him but a frown displayed on my face as I watched myself being invisible even when I’m standing just next to him as I could feel his body heat around me.

“I miss you only God knows how much it is for me to keep it by myself. So please, baby. Come back to me.”Mino whispered against the glass as he leaned his forehead, staring down at the floor then, trying his very hard to not break down at that time.

How I wish I can touch him, to hold him and comfort him while saying everything going to be okay.That I will come back soon, perhaps. I could only watch in silence, invisible for not just his eyes but also everyone else as I felt myself slowly faded away then, disappearing from the scene without any trace at all.

I realized I’m back again in the darkness where I could not even see myself in the situation, completely lost and did not have any idea where am I or why I’m even here actually.

I ran and ran and ran almost everywhere.I might not knowing if I probably run at the same place in the same area and at the same time. No matter what I do, how hard I run or ask myself couple of times why I’m here alone in the darkness, nothing ever change.

Always there, not moving.

Not knowing what to do anymore, I sat myself down then, hugging my own knees as I blankly staring at the black space less area in front of me. I wish I could speak now because I want to ask so many questions playing in my mind like where am I, why I’m here, what I should do to get out from this darkness and how I even end up here.

But, I’m not capable of doing that. As if, I’m a mute person, I could not open my mouth to talk or ask something. I only can see. I could not even know whether I’m able to touch because I’m in a place where it is a space less one, no edge and no end.

Darkness surrounded around me and I’m being here - trapped without any way to escape at all.I hope I can escape soon but as I keep praying and hoping, I felt like it just my own dream to think it will happen. Until the moment I’m here in this space less and darkness, I never find myself a way out to escaped from this whatever thing it is.

I want to go back, to escape so that I can live my life again. I want to go back into his arms that never fail to keep me safe and comfort. I want to go back to say how much I love him. I want to go back to the world where I’m used to be but not this one. I’m not belong to this kind of world. My world belong to the world where his world is. I want to go back, please let me have a chance to do it.

I repeated the same thought in my mind over again, waiting for it to be real. I want it to be real because I really want it to be. Because I’m thinking - it way too long I have gone away, too long that I let him all alone to face the world and too long that I have asleep. And now, I think I should go back and wake up now.

Right?

 

 

As if I thought that I was in the same place, I slowly tried to flutter open my eyes as this time it seem much harder than I used to. Only that this time when I did blink, I realized that I was in a complete difference place - not the darkness that greet me but a white one.

I shut my eyes close tightly, trying to blink again but still, the white surface that greet my pair of eyes. At the same time also, I felt uncomfortable with the surrounding - there’s a part inside of me asking whether I’m still in the darkness world that I trap without finding any way out or the world around me change into another whole world?

I seriously did not have any idea.

Quietly, I heard the sound of machine that seem close enough to my ear as if that thing was just next to me at that time. I could feel a small, thin sized wire laid across over my face and placed right just below my nose where I breath. Maybe this is the thing that make me feel uncomfortable, I thought to myself as I carefully lifted my hand to remove that thing away when suddenly, a warm touch contacted with my skin stopped me from doing that.

Gradually, I turned my head around - finally realizing the current situation now.

“M-Mom?”

I frowned as I heard the voice that was calling my mother just now. Is that my voice? Why it sounds so weird and different? I thought to myself, wrinkling my forehead. Am I dreaming or is this for real? Am I already escape from that darkness of world? Too many questions were playing in my mind as I stared blankly at the person in front of me.

“Hey, my dear. I’m really glad and happy to see that you’re finally waking up. Oh, thank God.” my mother spoke with such a relief words, her lip smiling so wide and bright as if she really meant her words before. Why would she say that? How long have I been sleeping? I suddenly thought then.

“Mom, where’s Mino? Where am I? What happen? Why I’m here?” I threw my mother with a lot of questions, staring at her in confused then as I could not remember clearly what actually happen. My mother looked at me long before a frown displayed on her face. “You don’t remember, Irene, dear?”

Remember what? That’s also the question that I asked myself at that time. Before I could ask my mother again, she already excused herself first to go to see the doctor and inform about me who now regain conscious, finally waking up as what she said. I did not say anything though or even make it to stop her from doing that.

My eyes flickered around the room as I examined it then. It was big enough to fit two people in the same room at one time. I was alone in the room; another bed across from me is empty and it seem like I’m the only one be staying in this room by myself. The wall is painted with light blue color also with the curtains at the window which have a bit hint of darker blue color.

The pillow that I was lying my head on was lumpy and soft - much to my comfortable though. I did not know how I might look at that time but by looking at few wires surrounded around me, maybe good is not in the list right now. I felt a bit airless with the few wires around me and not to mention, one of my hands have been injected with something that connected it with another machine thing which I think provide me some water into my body through the needle at my hand.

Just I was losing myself in the surrounding, the door being opened from the outside, revealing my mother along with someone that I assumed a doctor who probably in charge for treating on me - both of them then walked into the room as they stood at the end of the bed where I was lying at that time.

“Mrs. Song, I’m Dr. Im Yoo and you can address me as Dr. Im. My partner, Dr. Kim and I will be the one who in charge in viewing and also treating about your progression along your stay in this hospital.” the male doctor, a middle aged one probably around his 40s or something introduced himself towards me then as a warm smile pasted on his lip at the same time.

I wrinkled my forehead then. “Why I’m in a hospital? What happen?” I asked him quietly although I did not know whether he heard or not my question due to my very low and weird sound voice.

The doctor looked a bit startle when I gave him that question as if he did not expect I will ask him that kind of question. “You don’t remember anything, Mrs. Song? Or why you’re in this hospital right now?” he asked me the question that I gave him before.

A sigh escaped from my mouth before I shook my head then. If I know, then I won’t questioning you that question, doctor. I thought then, frowning as I did. Dr. Im smiled at me then before approaching closer, standing at the side of the hospital bed then.

“It’s been almost two weeks already since the time you admit into the hospital, Mrs. Song. You’ve been in a coma almost two week from the first day you’re here. Our team are worry about you because from our examination, you supposed to be awake around five-six days after your healing process but you didn’t and that threw all of us in a concern state - afraid that sometimes might be wrong with you, which perhaps we could miss about it though. But, when we did examine you again, there’s nothing wrong with you and we could not do anything more as we also did not know the reason why you’re in a coma state after that, except only to wait for you to regain your conscious back.”the male doctor explained to thoroughly, expecting me to absorb everything.

Almost two weeks? For that long? That thought hit my mind as I stared at the male doctor, almost could not believe everything that came out from his mouth before.

“You don’t remember the reason why you’re here, Irene, dear?” my mother suddenly asked me then which I replied with a small shake. Both, my mother and Dr. Im exchanged a quick, few glances before the two of them looked at me then.

Dr. Im took a deep breath before opening his mouth again, this time his voice was low and even calmer than before as if wanting to console me or something. “You and your husband, Song Mino were victims for a kidnapping done by Seulgi and Jennie. I don’t know if you can remember the two of them but I hope you can slowly remember about it. Your husband is lucky because he did not have any serious injuries. But, the thing is not the same for you, Mrs. Song. Unfortunately, you been shot at the crime scene and eventually lost a very large amount of blood. You also had few bruises and cuts all over your body. There’s also a small wound on your head which I assume you got it when you being kidnapped by the kidnapper.”

I did not know how to breathe when the male doctor talked to me about everything. Everything that I wish I won’t even listening or knowing about it.

“That’s why my partner and I feeling worried because based on our examination, you were supposed to wake up around few days later but you didn’t. And now, you don’t even remember what had happened to you.” Dr. Im added more, his lip smiling a bit then.

I pressed my lip together, feeling that it’s hard to absorb everything right now. How can I not remember about all of this? What the hell is wrong with me? I silently thought before then, I remembered about something.

“Mom, where’s Mino? I want to see him.” now that I realized, since the moment I opened my eyes after being in a coma for almost two weeks like the doctor told me just now; I did not see any sign of him. Where is he? I badly wish to see him right now, at this moment of time. I thought in upset mood, feeling a bit disappointed for not able to see him as one of the first person that I wish t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter