CH11

Our Hearts Confusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
11 CHAPTER ELEVEN  

“What?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry – did you just say that you want me to be your what? Boyfriend?” she slowly nodded her head, a hoping smile formed on her thin, rosy red lip as she waited for the man in front of her to give his answer. She did not know why she felt so nervous and anticipate at the same moment.

It was a long pause and she started to think that he took a period of time just to answer about her confession that she just told him just few minutes ago.

Is it that hard for him to give her an answer?

“Are you kidding me? Look, I don’t know what you’re thinking about but my answer is no. I mean – just look at you. You’re not suit for me. I’m going to be a doctor soon and of course, I need to find someone who has the same level as me and that person is not you, Irene.”

Irene felt like he just slapped her right on the face; a slap of humiliation.

A breathless chuckle escaped from his mouth then. “Seriously, Irene, what were you thinking? I never thought that you have a feeling for me. Okay, I admit you are beautiful but that just it. It’s not like that pretty face of yours will last forever right?” he questioned her, raising one of his eyebrows.

“I heard that you rejected few male students that came to confess their feelings to you. Is it because of me that you reject all of them? Wow, I’m flattered, Irene. It such an honor for me to have someone as pretty like you to develop a feeling for me.” he spoke more, displaying that proud face of him, did not even feel guilty or at least a bit humanity feeling towards Irene who just stood there in front of him; motionless and staring back at the person in front of her.

“Why did you kiss me then?” Irene asked quietly, feeling her tears could come out at any moment.

The man in front of her smiled as if he did not do something wrong at all. “Why not? Besides, just think about it as my appreciation for you to have a feeling for me. I’m sure you love that, right? Plus, it’s not even a real kiss, Irene. Chill out, will you? It just a peck on the check, what the big fuss about it?”

Before the man could utter more, a hard slap hit him across his face making him stumbled backward due to the sudden force coming from that hard slap.

“You’re ing bastard! You know what? You are right. I don’t deserve to be with someone like you because I’m so much better than you. Besides, if I can’t get you, there are so many other men in this university that can happily replace you in my life. I’m not that desperate to like you, bastard. If you’re so full of yourself, that’s your ing problem, not mine. Besides, I think I make a mistake when I have a feeling for you. Maybe I want to develop feeling for other men but turn out to be mistaken for liking you. Opps, sorry!”

Irene smiled in satisfaction as she saw the man’s face turned redden, probably embarrassed with what she just told him. Serve your ing right! Irene then gradually walked passed by the man, did not even want to glance at him as she left him there; along with her feeling towards him that buried together.

Why…?

God, why I’m so stupid for liking someone like him? That’s the only thing that Irene always ask herself whenever she remembered back about what happened.

Few months later, her classmate introduced her towards someone and to be honest, Irene felt like no interest at all to know this person. She even questioned herself why her friend wanted to introduce her to this particular person and she just could cross her finger; hoping that her friend won’t try to set up a new date for her.

It’s disgusting and boring. That’s for sure.

“Irene, I want you to meet Seulgi. Her name is Kang Seulgi. She is one of my closest friend when both of us in the secondary school and it such a fortunate that both of us met with each other again.” Irene heard her friend murmured to her, smiling at both Irene and also the person named Seulgi.

Seulgi stretched her hand out, introducing herself with a sweet smile on her lip. “Hi, I’m Kang Seulgi. You can call me Seulgi and it’s really nice to meet someone as dainty as you.” Irene raised both of her eyebrows, quite taken aback with the way Seulgi introduced herself in front of her.

What’s up with this woman?

“Hi, I’m Bae Joohyun. Call me Irene, anyway.” she answered curtly, did not even care if it sounded rude for Seulgi though. Seulgi nodded her head, pulled her hand then when she realized that the strawberry blonde hair woman in front of her did not seem to accept her handshake.

That’s kind of something and to be truth, it made the person named Kang Seulgi looked at Irene in other different view. She really kind of something and there’s something unique about her. And at that moment, Seulgi felt like there’s a whole new thing growing inside her; a desire of challenging in order to know deeper about this woman in front of her and not to forget, possibly win her cold-like heart.

 

 

She thought it would be easy – well, that’s what her mind thought actually. She was indeed wrong. It just not that easy, it’s far from easy; much harder than she could ever imagine to be honest.

She was wrong when she thought she could go easy on her. On the person that eventually stole her attention that she hardly given especially to someone that she wants to be a part of her heart, soul and life. When it comes to her, it was totally different. She did not even know what that person had done to her that made her felt crazy. Everything about that particular person.

What is it that made her attracted so damn much towards that person?

Maybe because her first impression on her during their first met that made her become like this. God, what’s happening to her exactly? She never feel something like this ever before. Apart that she had kissed someone before and almost lost her ity during her time at secondary school with someone that she barely met at an school event; Kang Seulgi never ever feel this kind of feeling in her entire life.

Not when Bae Joohyun or well-known as Irene came into her life few months before. She should be really thankful to that friend of Irene who was the one that introduced both of them months ago. If it’s not because of that friend, Seulgi might still be the same person living under the name of Seulgi who just seeking for fun to fill up her desire and needs in her life.

But, of course, everything in this world that you want for; you might get it, you need to pull your effort hardly in order to gain it or in the end, you will just lose it.

That is what we call as life. Life always unfair, right?

“Irene, wait!” Seulgi called, half-running herself towards the blonde hair woman who already few meters ahead from her.

Irene did not stop though, just kept walking until she felt a small force yanked her arm; making her body turned around before crashed towards another body. “What do you want, Seulgi? And please, stop chasing after me, will you? What’s the matter is wrong with you?” Irene asked, pushing Seulgi’s body away from her then, keeping some distance between both of them.

“Why didn’t you answer my text? Or answer my calls?” Seulgi asked Irene, flashing her smile towards the woman stood in front of her; crossed arms on her chest.

Irene’s eyes flickered towards Seulgi then. “Is that necessary? Do I have to?” she replied, raising both of her eyebrows while giving Seulgi that kind of look. “Look – could you please stop whatever you’re doing? What do you want from me exactly?” Irene added more, asking Seulgi with annoyed tone.

“I want you.” Seulgi simply answered, giving her sweet smile towards Irene.

“I want to be your friend, Irene. Is that hard? Besides, what’s the harm if you befriend with me? There’s nothing wrong with that, right?” Seulgi asked Irene back, hoping that Irene will rethink about her friendship offer. “We’re already friend, Seulgi. What do you expect?” Irene flatly muttered, shaking her head then.

Seulgi took a deep breath before approached closer towards the strawberry blonde woman. “I want more, Irene. You know what I mean? You’re not that blind to know what I want, right? From the first time I met you, you’re the only one I crave for. Everything about you fill the incomplete in my life. Don’t you get it? I want us more than friend. I want us to step out from that friendship box. Trust me, Irene, we can be better than that.” Seulgi quietly murmured, tracing her fingers on Irene’s face gently, brushing few strands of Irene’s hair from her small face.

Irene pushed aside Seulgi’s hand then, stepping few steps away from the black hair color woman. “If I don’t want? Do you still going to chase after me, Kang Seulgi?” Seulgi had to restrain herself from not compliment the woman standing in front of her.

Damn, even saying her name with those lip could make Seulgi falling all over again towards Irene.

Seulgi threw a small smile then before approaching closer towards Irene again. “Just give me a try. Give us a try. And after that, you can decide what you want to. I’ll promise you I won’t be chasing you right after that.” Seulgi already promised, giving Irene her sweetest smile.

Irene stared at her long enough before clearing and walked away, shaking her head. “Believe me, Irene, you won’t regret it! I’ll make sure of that!” Irene heard Seulgi half-screaming from behind. She pressed her lip together, thinking of what Seulgi said to her just now.

Ever since that day, Seulgi noticed that Irene being a little nicer towards her which made the black hair woman could not be any happier. Although, Irene did not say anything at all regarding her decision about what Seulgi was offering towards her but Seulgi did not give any damn care at all. At least, Irene already show some kindness towards her by letting Seulgi into her life.

Since then, the journey of their ‘forbidden’ relationship began without Irene nor Seulgi knowing what is the real status between both of them.

 

 

Both – Mino and Irene locked their eyes with each other; none of them even look away. Mino noticed the surprise look reflected in her pair of eyes as she stared at him for a moment which he considered to be long because she rarely stares at him that long unless if she’s trying to challenge him or pick a fight or something like that.

“Hi!” another voice interrupted, out of sudden standing between both of them then.

Mino’s eyes flickered right up towards the person’s face, staring at her. “I’m Kang Seulgi. It’s really nice to meet you finally. Song Mino, right? Irene’s husband – I suppose?” Mino heard the person named Seulgi saying, flashing her smile towards him.

His eyes darted at Irene who was standing at the back, still staring at him without looking away since earlier; the moment he stepped into this house. “Excuse me, please.” Mino quietly murmured under his breath before passing by Irene and Seulgi who both looked at him especially Irene; her expression at that moment was unreadable.

Did he figure it out? Irene silently thought, nervous feeling crept inside her body.

“Wow, that’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter