For I am owned...

Re:Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

Shin Hye couldn’t believe her ears. What did her grandfather just propose to her?

“Shin Hye… Shin Hye .. yah…” Called a weak voice. She snapped back to reality.

“N.. N… Neh… Ha…Haraboji…” She replied.

“It’s for the best…” Her grandfather tried to assure her as he probably heard the trembling sound of her voice scared of the suggestion being put forward.

“Do not worry my dear…” The other elderly said, “You are like my own granddaughter and I will personally take good care of you.” He smiled assuringly at Shin Hye who was still in doubt with the decision being made for her.  The old man turned his head a little bit, “Ha Neul” He called. A female bodyguard stepped forward.

“Neh… Master.” She answered.

“You will follow this child to her home, help her pack. Bring Ji Won with you.” He ordered. “Clear up their home. Kyuk Kwang.” He called another, a male bodyguard stepped forward to answer him. “Start up the transfer for my brother to the best hospital. He needs better care. The closer to us the better and hire a personal nurse.” He instructed.

 

Shin Hye sat quietly at the back as the car moved towards their home. Her mind was filled with so many thoughts and emotions.

“Who is he exactly?”  She wondered. “Did my haraboji have some sort of deal with a loan shark?” Her brows creased.

“Don’t worry Agassi.. you are in good hands…” Ha Neul spoke up as she turned to look at Shin Hye and offered a warm smile. “Our boss is the best we ever had.” She tried to guarantee.

“Jogiyo… E..Eonnie… Am I being sold to a gangster or loan shark or something?” Shin Hye tried to braven herself to ask the inevitable.

Ha Neul’s face turned dark and grim and she said, “Neh!” Shin Hye held her breathe…

“I knew it… something was off… There would never be anybody nice enough to take in poor people like us…” Tears started to well up.

Suddenly both Ha Neul and Ji Won laughed out loud. “Mianhe… I was just kidding. You looked so serious.” Ha Neul kidded.

“Huh?” Shin Hye looked at them confused.

“I think it’s time we tell her…” Ji Won pulled a halt next to the beach. “Let’s calm her down first.” She suggested to Ha Neul.

Shin Hye looked at them fearful, “Are they going to drown me up here?” She wondered.

The both of them went out the door, Ji Won reached for her door and opened it. “Let’s enjoy the fresh air while we are here,” She sounded inviting but Shin Hye was still fearful.

“A..Ani… I prefer to sit here…” Shin Hye tried to reason.

“Come on…” Ha Neul took her hand and pulled her out of the car. “Come… Let’s go…” She said cheerfully which seemed eerie to Shin Hye.

They took her for a walk around the beach after Ji Won locked the car. They walk along the shore.

Shin Hye was obviously confused with the entire situation. She was on the fence of either to trust them or try to run away from them. Then, they reached a secluded place.

“Err.. Miss… Let’s rest here for a bit…” Ji Won suggested.

“Ah… Ah….” Shin Hye suddenly screamed and curled herself next to a big rock. “Please… Please don’t kill me… whatever my haraboji owes your boss, I promise I will pay it off…” She begged as she began to cry.

“Huh?”

“Wha-?”

Both bodyguards were confused with Shin Hye’s reaction.

“What do you mean?” Ha Neul asked confused a little bit.

“Yah…” Ji Won hit Ha Neul. “You and your stupid jokes!”

“Well! You went along with it!” Ha Neul screamed.

Shin Hye opened one of her eyes and saw glimpse of them pushing and blaming one another.

“What are you gonna tell Mr. Lee?” Ji Won’s voice began to raise.

“Obviously, he knew I was kidding.” Ha Neul tried to reason herself.

“Look at her! She is already in distress…” Ji Won pointed out.

“I thought I might loosened her up a bit..” Ha Neul defended herself.

“Ah… Eonnie.. Eonnie…” Shin Hye had to jump in between them as it seemed that they were about to brawl. “Ca… Can you please explain to me what is exactly going on?” Shin Hye looked at both of them.

The both of them stopped and looked at one another. They sat down and gestured Shin Hye to do the same. All of the sudden, she had forgotten her fear of being killed by the two supposedly hit women working for a supposedly head of mafia.

“We both are friends since we met at a foster home. We were unlucky that our foster father actually tried to manipulate us into serving him…” Tears welled up in Ha Neul’s eyes.

“He wanted us to satisfy his ual needs when Ommoni was not around.” Ji Won hardened her face. Clearly it was a painful memory.

“We ran away from home… It wasn’t easy for us. We promised to stick together no matter w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter