Will this be our last good bye?

Re:Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year later…

Shin Hye’s mind was blank… Things were getting awfully bad between her and Jong Seok. It felt like it was just yesterday that they happily lived together but everything happened so fast, in the blink of an eye.

“Why do you have to choose her?” Shin Hye raged.

“IT was for the company. The other board members want her.” Jong Seok tried to clarify. “If it was for me, I wouldn’t even think of choosing her.”

“You do know the history and she has feelings for you.” Shin Hye pointed out.

“Ara but I am not attracted to her. I just want you.” Jong Seok tried to convince her.

“Then what is this?” Shin Hye threw the pictures she received by anonymous person. “You… kissed her…”

Jong Seok lifted the photograph where it showed him and Soo Ji kissing in his office. “What is all that, Oppa?” Shin Hye cried.

“I can explain this…” Jong Seok tried to reason.

“It doesn’t need any explanation.” Shin Hye stopped him. “I don’t think we can be together anymore…” She looked away.

“Shin Hye…. This is all wrong… I can’t live without you…” Jong Seok sobbed as he was worried of losing her.

“It hurts Oppa.. I trusted you… I have given my all for you…” Shin Hye cried.

“Listen to me… please…”

“Let me go!” Shin Hye pushed Jong Seok, she went out of their house leaving everything behind.

***


“So Eun….”

“Shin Hye? What’s wrong?”

“It hurts….” Shin Hye started to cry.

“Odiga? I’ll get you…” So Eun asked.

 

****

“It seemed that you are in deep thought?” Shin Hye heard So Eun from behind. So Eun came into her room with two mugs of hot chocolate. She placed it lightly on the coffee table.

Shin Hye exasperated as she took the mug from the table, “Ani… I was just thinking…”

“So, since you merged and no nuptial agreement, the entire company will be under Jong Seok the jerk?” So Eun asked.

Shin Hye nodded.

“Aren’t you going to fight for it?” So Eun asked.

“Ani… I don’t think I can handle it. By law, as agreed by me, the merging of the companies, it belonged to them.” Shin Hye explained. “It’s better that way. I think they are in capable hand. I am just a simple girl.” She smiled but So Eun could see the sadness in her friend’s eyes.

“But it was yours to begin with…” So Eun reminded her.

“It was the people’s…” Shin Hye corrected.

“So, the divorce is finalized already…” So Eun asked.

“Hmm….” Shin Hye responded. She smiled still and nodded. “I am a free woman…” But deep inside she was broken. There’s no more her and him.

“Couldn’t you give him another chance?” So Eun asked further.

“I was always in their way…” Shin Hye explained.

“What do you mean?” So Eun didn’t really know the story.

“He and her was before me…” She was too lazy to elaborate the situation.

“I don’t want to ask further. I know from that tone of yours, you don’t feel like discussing about it.” So Eun came closer and hugged her friend. “Be strong…”

“Gomawo Chingu-yah…”Shin Hye smiled.

“What do you plan to do now?” So Eun asked.

“I don’t know. I feel like working or opening a café.” Shin Hye answered.

“Money for the café?” So Eun asked.

“I have some saved.” Shin Hye explained.

“What sort of café do you plan to open?” So Eun asked.

“Simple café that is also easy for people to take away some food. I have surveyed the brewing machine that would be needed.” Shin Hye showed So Eun the file where she was compiling data she needed to open up her dream café.

“Wow! You never cease to amaze me, Ms. Park.” So Eun grabbed the folder and flipped through it. Knowing her best friend who is always fully prepared for anything with her research and data needed.

“Well, money is precious and I am not about to throw it down the drain.” Shin Hye explained as she stood up to go to the kitchen to wash the mug. “By the way, thank you for this delicious hot chocolate. Might consider to put it on the menu.” She smiled at her friend.

“Well, I’d like my fair share then.” So Eun called out.

“We’ll see about it.” Shin Hye joked.

“Is this where she is living now?” Jong Seok asked.

“Neh, sajangnim.” His driver agreed.

Jong Seok sighed, he really missed her but Shin Hye was really stubborn and did not accept his explanation.

“Why do you want to set up this meeting?” Jong Seok asked as he arrived to the place he was told to meet.

“I told you, my manager, he wanted to clarify the contract.” Soo Ji answered nervously.

“It could be done through my secretary,” He answered kurtly.

“I told you, the policy of my company, they wanted it straight from the owner of the company.” She explained.

“Is he going to be late?” He asked as he looked at his watch. “This is rather an odd time to meet. I would prefer a proper appointment.”

“We did but you refused.” Soo Ji was nervous about the entire thing.

“Here are the drinks…” Her assistant came serving the drinks.

“Oppa, drink some.” Soo Ji offered.

“Stop calling me Oppa. I am not comfortable with you calling me that.” Jong Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter