Village vs city...

Re:Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week for the young couple settling in at the village where Shin Hye used to live. She missed the place and she was so happy to be back.

Jong Seok, on the other hand, not so much. He was bored to death and he hated how hot it was in the village but he tried not to show it to Shin Hye. She was actively doing so many things around the house like she used to.

“Where are you going?” He saw Shin Hye heading outside the house.

“To the field,” She smiled happily with her hair tied into cute bun.

“What are you wearing?” He looked at what she was wearing.

“Oh this?” She pointed out at her comfortable trousers. “It’s comfortable!” She said excitedly. “Easier for me to work in the field.”

“Why are you working in the field? Didn’t you already have workers minding the field?” He asked half-annoyed.

“I… Like picking up fresh produce. It gives me ideas of what I want to cook.” She smiled.

“Can I come along then?” He might as well joined her as he had nothing to do so far.

“Are you sure?” She asked.

“Aish.. I am a namja after all. I can take it.” He showed her his biceps.

“Kere… But wait here.” She went into her room and took something out. “Here, wear this.”

Jong Seok looked at the items she handed to him, “What? I am not going to wear this.” It was the same thing as what Shin Hye was wearing.

“Err.. Oppa… You don’t have to worry while being in this village. Nobody cares about what you wear,” Shin Hye pushed him to his room. “Ka…. Change. I will wait.” She closed his door.

He popped out a little bit, “Are you not going to help me change?” He teased.

“Yah… You are not even a toddler. You can change on your own Oppa.” Shin Hye pretended to scold him.

“Aratta… Aratta… I will change then.. Yoebo.” He quickly closed the door.

Shin Hye blushed at his sentiment. She was still trying to get used to the idea that she was already a married woman.

Jong Seok’s door opened and he went out. Shin Hye couldn’t help but giggled.

“What?” Jong Seok asked. “I told you I shouldn’t wear this. This is so silly!” He wanted to storm back into his room to change back.

“No! No! I was just kidding!” Shin Hye pulled his hand.

“No way! I am changing!” He tried to fight off.

“Ani… Mianata.. I am so sorry.” Shin Hye apologized as she kept on pulling his hand.

Jong Seok somehow had a silly idea in his head, he wanted to get back to her teasing.  He pulled her into his hug, “I will go if you kiss me.” He looked at her pretty face.

“Mwo?” She blinked.

“Popo.” He repeated and pucker up his lips.

Shin Hye made a worried face as she was not used to such situation. She didn’t fight him as well as she was stunned of what had just happened. Her heart beat fast. Jong Seok deliberately tightened his hug towards her. He could feel how heated she had gotten. She slowly closed her eyes and reluctantly puckered up to attempt on kissing him.  Jong Seok opened his eyes and saw Shin Hye puckering up and reluctantly trying to kiss him. He smiled seeing how cute she looked. He couldn’t help to resist, he pecked on her lips. Her eyes flung opened in surprised and her face became red.

“Kaja….” Jong Seok pretended as if it didn’t happen. Shin Hye was still in shock, she stood where she was as if she was a statue. Jong Seok held her hand and took her outside smiling happily.

 

It was dinner time, Shin Hye had cooked some dishes she had learnt when she was at her in-laws’ place. Especially the ones that Jong Seok like. He was nowhere to be seen. “Where is he?” She wondered. She walked towards his room. She knocked softly. “Op..pa… Dinner is ready…” She said softly.

“Hmmm….” Jong Seok replied. Shin Hye waited for a bit but Jong Seok did not come out. She knocked again but this time no reply. Shin Hye got worried.

“Oppa…. Come out… Dinner will get cold.” She called again. “What if.. he is sick??” She started to get worried. “Oppa.. miane… I am going in…” She slowly pushed his door. She saw him lying on the floor. “Ommo! Oh no!” She ran to him thinking of the worst. “Oppa… Open up your eyes…” She moved his body trying to wake him up. “Oppa… Gwenchana?” She asked him.

Suddenly, Jong Seok turned to Shin Hye and pulled her down and hugged her. Shin Hye was surprised. “Chaka…man…” He snored. He was deep in his sleep. “Shin Hye… Chakaman... Oppa…  tireddd…” He snored more. Shin Hye somehow smiled. He must have been tired the entire day being at the field for the first time. Without realizing, Shin Hye fell asleep in his arm.

****

Jong Seok opened his eyes slowly as he felt there were some rays of lights coming into his room. “It’s morning already?” He whispered. He looked around. His room was messy the other day but at that time, his room was well kept. He was in his bedding and well covered with his blanket. “Hukshi….” Then he remembered Shin Hye. He remembered hearing soft knocks but he was too tired to respond. “Did I tell her??” He quickly got up and went out of the room.

“You’re awake?” Shin Hye greeted him smiling as she was arranging food on their table. “Go wash up and let’s eat.” She asked.

Jong Seok was still confused, he nooded as he scratched his head towards the washroom. As he brushed his teeth, he wondered if Shin Hye was in his room and cleaned up. He looked outside the window. He could see some of his clothes were drying up.

After washing up, he walked towards the table and sat down. “Shin Hye yah… Come and eat.” He called.

“Oppa, do you want coffee or tea?” She asked.

“Either one is fine.” He answered.

“Okay.” She replied and soon after she came with two mugs. She handed one to him.

He took it and took a sip as he looked at her. He could see the eye bags under her eyes.

“Didn’t you sleep last night?” He asked.

“I did. “ She answered as she served his food. “Moggo Oppa.”

“This is really good.” Jong Seok commented at his first bite. “You should open a restaurant.” He praised her cooking.

Shin Hye giggled, “Thank you Oppa but it’s not restaurant quality yet.”

Jong Seok smiled seeing Shin Hye happy. “What do you plan to do today?”

“Hmm… I’d like to visit some of my friends. Do you want to come along?” She asked and invited.

“Sure… You should show off your husband.” He was trying to .

“Oppa… It’s all over the news. I don’t have to introduce you. People, know it already.” She pointed out.

“But it would be nice, if you are the one introducing me.” Jong Seok asked.

“Sure, if that is what you want.” Shin Hye smiled.

******

They arrived at the place that Shin Hye told him. They walked to the place as according to Shin Hye it was not that far. To Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter