The giants riding on her shoulders...

Re:Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Seok was not able to get a wink of sleep. After an earful from his parents and grandparents, he went straight to his bedroom. He was not sure what to made of the situation. He knew very much the chances of him wanting to be with Soo Ji would be very minimal as: one, his family has already decided who they want the lady of the house to be and two, Soo Ji has made it clear that she could never fall in love with him as she is in love with another man whom he has yet to meet.

“Don’t you think this is just too much for an eighteen years old like me to handle?” He asked his cousin as he noticed Jin Hyuk had just entered.

“Well… It’s a bomb!” Jin Hyuk sat on the edge of Jong Seok’s bed.

“I mean… I knew this was going to happen and I was going to tell them about Soo Ji…” Jong Seok sat up and looked at his cousin.

“But, didn’t you say Soo Ji has no feelings towards you at all?” Jin Hyuk looked at him questioningly.

“Ara… but I thought if we spend enough time together, she might change her mind.” He went back to lie on his bed as he pulled his duvet to cover his face. “It’s not fair to me…” He whined.

“None for Shin Hye either…” His cousin reminded him as he joined Jong Seok to lie down.

**************

That morning Shin Hye was accompanied by the two female bodyguards who were with her when they were packing her things away from her grandfather’s former house.

“This is your dress and things for you to freshen up yourself.” Ha Ji Won eonnie handed her things. “Madam packed things up for you. She and Helmoni are very worried about you…” She further explained.

“Ah… Neh… Thank you…” that was all Shin Hye could utter.

“Your haraboji’s attorney has scheduled the meet up at 9 this morning. We will accompany you there.” Ha Neul added up. Shin Hye simply just nodded at her as a reply.

As soon as Shin Hye finished dressing up and freshen herself, she went to her grandfather and gave him a weak smile.

“I want you to be prepared and have an open mind of what Attorney Seo will explain to you.” Her grandfather reminded her. Shin Hye being the obedient girl she was simply nodded in agreement.

“What else could go wrong anyway…” Shin Hye muttered.

“Mianata my flower, I hope you can understand…” Her grandfather uttered and closed his eyes.

“I.. think that’s enough for today sajangnim, you need to rest for now.” Nurse Kim interjected.

Shin Hye gave Nurse Kim an understanding smile and slowly kissed her grandfather’s hand and left him.

******************

“Who is this girl? The one that you want to have so much?” Jong Seok’s father asked amicably.

Jong Seok was actually reluctant to answer as he felt he would never be able to be with the girl he wanted. He simply shrugged.

“Are you two a couple?” His mother asked. The both of his parents sat on the edge of his bed where Jong Seok was still hurling about in his blanket. “Ah-Deul… we would just want to understand… We can understand if you cannot accept her. We will talk to haraboji and apologize to Shin Hye and her haraboji.” His mother explained sympathetically.

“Grandfather is never going to allow that to happen!” Jong Soek sulked and he sat up to looked at his parents worried face.

“Your grandfather is more understanding than you think.” His father chimed in.

************************

Shin Hye and her bodyguards arrived at a very expensive hotel. Shin Hye had never stepped foot in a place as exclusive as the hotel. As she was escorted, they headed to the private room indicated. She nodded at the two body guards indicating that she wanted them to wait outside. Ha Neul opened the doors for Shin Hye and Shin Hye entered.

“Orenmanida Agassi…” Greeted a familiar voice.

Shin Hye looked up and gasped, “Ah.. Ahjussi?” She uttered.

The familiar friendly man nodded as he smiled greeting Shin Hye. Shin Hye was still in shock to see who her grandfather meant as Attorney Seo.

The man whom her grandfather referred as the attorney of their family had been someone whom she regarded as the friendly uncle who would occasionally visit her and her grandfather. The person who would bring them the sweetcorn which they will barbeque the corns together and enjoy with nice cups of coffee.

“Please have a sit first Agassi… I have prepared some desserts and hot drink for you.” Attorney Seo mentioned. Shin Hye obediently sat down.

“What would you like?” Attorney Seo asked her.

“Coffee would be fine. “Shin Hye retorted. Attorney Seo poured her some delicious smelling coffee into a cup and served her.

“Enjoy it, it’s the coffee I always bring to you and your grandfather.” He explained as he poured some for himself too and seated not far from her.

“Can you please explain to me what is happening here?” Shin Hye mustered up the courage to ask.

“You must be very confused at this stage… We will do it bit by bit.” Attorney Seo smiled at her as he pulled up some newspaper cuttings and placed it in front of her.

‘The CEO of highend company is in the hospital.’

‘CEO Park Tae Hee, one of the most prestigious people in the world of business has been admitted into a hospital.’

‘What will happen to AllStar company?’

‘Despite news about CEO AllStar hospitalized, stock still climbs up.’

“Wh.. What is all this?” Shin Hye asked as she looked for re-assurance in Attorney Seo’s face.

“Your grandfather… He is the owner of AllStar company.” Attorney Seo started to explain.

“That can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter