The bells could be heard from afar...

Re:Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Seok’s grandfather was still fuming over the fact that Jong Seok refused to marry Shin Hye.

“But aboji… Just give him sometime…” His son pleaded. “He will come to his senses…”

“That boy is always filled up with non-sense.” He was still angry at his grand son.

“Kemenheeeyooo…” His wife softly hit his hand. “You were once like that too, you didn’t want to marry me at first. You wanted that beautiful girl in your village.” She gave him a narrow look.

“Yah… not in front of your son and daughter in law!” He blushed as he remembered the same mistake he had made. “But I was bright enough to notice right away a real gem… my diamond….” He lovingly caressed his sulking’s wife cheek which made her smile. He then realized the others presence. He then  turned serious and face his son, “That’s why I want him to marry Shin Hye, he very much reminded me of the young me. Shin Hye is very well grounded and primely raised by my best friend and brother…” He trailed.

“Yeobo… She is not like a treasure or trophy to be won, she herself need to accept uri Jong Seok with her open heart.” His wife nudged him. “Let’s be fair with her…”

Jung Hyuk sighed heavily, in his mind, he was worried what if Shin Hye would not accept the offer. How was he going to explain to people having a non-related young woman living under his roof. All the intentions that people might think he has. “That’s it, my final say, if marriage is not on the table, we will adopt Shin Hye.”

“You don’t have to…” Jong Seok opened the door of the family room. “I will marry her.”

“Ah-Deul?” His mother was confused with his sudden acceptance.

“Son.. Are you sure? You said you have a girl in mind.” His father rose and walked to him.

Jong Seok nodded and adamantly answered, “I am very sure.”

“Look here, you, silly young man, I know you have that other girl. I am not letting you ruin my bestfriend’s grand daughter’s life.” Jung Hyuk countered.

“You wanted me to marry her, I am following what you want. Is that not enough?” Jong Seok raised his voice.

“Kemenhe ah-deul. I never taught you to be rude to elders!” His mother hit his arm.

“Ch…Chogiyo…” A soft voice could be heard amidst the family silly feud. “Ex—Excuse me…” Shin Hye raised her voice.

Everyone turn quiet and face her. Jong Seok was still sulking, he looked at her for a bit and then looked away.

“Can… can I please have a private conversation with Jong Seok?” She asked for permission.

“Ah… Neh… We will leave the two of you here.” His grandmother quickly grabbed his grandfather’s arm just as his mother was doing to his father. The both of the Lee women were dragging both of their husband’s out.

As the doors were closed behind them, Shin Hye walked slowly towards Jong Seok.

“Are you feeling alright?” She asked softly.

“What do you think?” He sulked.

“Ara…. This may be hard for you and it was too for me…” She began to talk. “I never thought I would be in this position. I was always raised as a country girl and to find out… the sudden wealth and power I have to hold and the people who are going to rely to me… It is hard but… My grandfather has always internalized this to me.. that I have so much more to offer and now I understand.” Shin Hye  sighed. “To be honest, if I could run away from all this and drop all I have to inherit, I would but what would happen to those who rely to me? AM I that selfish?” She looked at  him, Jong Seok’s soften a little bit.

“You are a very good person but you have to know, my heart, it was occupied by someone else. DO you really want to marry me?”Jong Seok asked.

“I have no other choice. This is to save so many lives out there.” She answered. “If you even have to take her as your wife, I will have to deal with it.”

“What are you talking about? Are asking me to get killed? My grandfather would never allow that to happen.” Jong Seok acted out.

“Later in our lives then, even if you want to divorce me, then, I will deal with it.” Shin Hye sounded very sure of herself.

“Are you sure you are not going to fall in love with me? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter