Our very first meeting

Re:Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young girl sat at the hospital garden staring blankly into the beautifully sculpted therapeutical garden with occassinal, patient walking by to inhale in the fresh air that it offers.  She felt saddened the fact that her beloved grandfather had to be admitted as he fell unconscious while he was picking up some strawberries to give to her.

 

“A..Agassi…” A faint voice could be heard.

“Hmm?” The young girl lifted her head to look at the person addressing her.

“Your haraboji wants you.” The nurse gave a sympathetic smile to her. The young girl smiled weakly and nodded as she stood up and followed the nurse.

 

Right there, in front of him, an old man, as old as his grandfather lying on the hospital bed looking very weak. His grandfather was holding the old man’s hand as if they were brothers. ‘Sulma..’  he thought but he knew that his grandfather was the only son of their family, just like his father and now, him.

“Tae Hee-yah…” His grandfather muttered affectionately. “How could you only contact me when you are in this state?” His grandfather’s voice began to break.

“I almost didn’t” The old man uttered and Lee Jong Seok could hear the difficulty in his breathing. “I shouldn’t have… My intention is selfish this time…”

“If it is from you… You are the wiser one between us two.. I know you have your reason.” Jong Seok’s grandfather heaved, “It will never be for any selfish reasons…”

The door to the room opened. A nurse appeared followed by a young girl about Jong Seok’s age.

‘Pretty… plain… for my taste…’  He thought for a moment as he studied the girl with long, silky hair just below her shoulders. She didn’t even notice him on her left side as she walked slowly to the other side of the old man’s side.

“Jang Hyuk-ah…” The old man whispered, he then slowly gestured his hand for the young girl to come closer. Slowly she stepped towards the side of the bed until the old man could touch and hold her hand. “This.. This is the only one left on my side.. Shin Hye-yah… Greet this haraboji… He is my dearest friend… A long lost brother…”

The girl looked briefly at Jong Seok’s haraboji and bowed her head, “Anyeong hashisimika oroshin…” She greeted.

“Call me haraboji…” Jang Hyuk requested.

“Neh… Haraboji…” She complied obediently.

His grandfather then turned his head to Jong Seok, “Jong Seok-ah… Bring this Agassi to get some food.” His grandfather ordered. Being the obedient boy he had always been, he nodded.

“Can.. I please stay by my haraboji…” The girl tightened her grip on her grandfather’s hand.

“Do as the elders say, my dear.” Her grandfather reminded her. Slowly and reluctantly, the girl let go of her grandfather’s hand and without loosing her sight of her grandfather, she moved towards Jong Seok.

 

The both of them walked quietly towards the canteen, the girl did not say anything. Jong Seok sort of preferred that as he  probably didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter