The Result

The Giraffe Fell In Love ?

It’s now 6pm. Ha Na walk slowly to the road and look for a cab. Her face were emotionless. She don’t know what to felt. Soon, there a cab there and she quickly get in. She ask the driver to send her straight away to her house. She just sit there silently. Soon, she arrived at her house. She thank the driver and quickly get inside her house. She goes to the kitchen and drink a glass of water. She stare at the glass in her hand. Slowly her eyes start to tears up. She then throw the glass to the floor while screaming and crying. The glass were all over her kitchen. Her knees become weak as she slowly fell to the floor. She was crying so badly as she remember what happen earlier.

Flashback

Ha Na arrived at the hospital around 10.30 am due to the traffic jammed. She fasten her steps to Dong Hee office as she know she has been late for half an hour from what they promise. She stop in front of Dong Hee office and took a deep breath. “Ha Na, whatever happen, you have to be strong and stay calm.” She thought to herself. She then knock the door and walk inside the room with a smile.

“Hello Dong Hee, I am so sorry. The traffic jammed was horrible. I’m sorry again for being late” Ha Na say as she sit on the chair in front of Dong Hee. Dong Hee were smiling. “Anii, it fine. I have cancel all my appointment anyway just for you” Ha Na just smile and nod her head. She took a deep breath and ask Dong Hee about the result.

“So, Dong Hee you said that the result has been out? What did it say?” Dong Hee slowly moves closer to Ha Na. “Ha Na, the result show that you have a liver disease. I am sorry Ha Na” Ha Na was stunned at Dong Hee words, but she stay calm and smile. “I see, so is there anything treatment I should have?” “I am not a specialist in Liver, as you know I’ll handle any back injuries, so I cant give you much information. But don’t worry, I have made an appointment for you. My friend is a specialist in liver, heart and kidney. He is a very good doctor. So you don’t have to worry. I find the best doctor for you. This friend of mine is from New York. He had a very successful record in America and luckily he had come back to Korea for almost a month.” “So, when did I supposed to meet this doctor anyway?” “He will be here in a few minutes now, don’t worry Ha Na” Ha Na just nod her head. “But Dong Hee, still I want you to be with me, is it fine with you? It not that I don’t trust your friend, I just … need someone with me” Dong Hee just smile and tapped her hand. “Don’t worry, I’ll be with you in every consultation and every treatment you receive” Ha Na smile toward Dong Hee, “Thank you Dong Hee”

Soon, they heard a knock on the door. Dong Hee quickly get up and open the door. “Hyung, sorry I’m late.” “Anii, it fine, come in. She here already” Ha Na was frown for a while when she heard the voice. ‘It sound quite familiar. I wonder who is that’ She can’t see as there a cabinet blocking her view to the door. Ha Na was in a big shocked as soon as she saw who the doctor that will treat her.

“Hoonjae??” “Ha Na??” Both of them just stood at their place. “Eoo, it seems like you know each other” “Ha Na, please don’t say it you who sick. Hyung please, not her” Hoonjae say as he shook his head. Ha Na just smile and nod her head. “It me, Hoonjae. I guess my condition must be bad for you to react like this” Hoonjae then look at Dong Hee, “Hyung, she the one. She the friend of my high school” Dong Hee was shocked. He and Hoonjae were attend the same university at New York. He is Hoonjae senior. Dong Hee then ask Hoonjae to sit down. “I guess it time to tell the detail Hoonjae” Hoonjae look at Ha Na. Hoonjae nod his head and open the files, “Ha Na , you have a liver disease, and it seems like you have it since you were little and because of that your liver condition is pretty bad right now” Ha Na just hear what Hoonjae say. She cant believe her condition is really bad. “Okay, so what should I do? Is there any medication I have to take?” “It seems like we have to start search for liver donation and start the liver transplant as soon as possible” Ha Na was speechless. She couldn’t process all the information about her health. “What happen if there no liver that suitable with me?” Dong Hee and Hoonjae just keep silent. Ha Na nod as she understand what will happen to her. Hoonjae grab her hand “Ha Na, I will do my best to save you, please don’t give” “How long can I survive with this condition? Hoonjae answer me” “Around 2 to 3 month” Ha Na just let a frustrated smile. “I don’t even have the time to look for a liver” Dong Hee moves next to her. “Ha Na, like Hoonjae say, we must try. Hoonjae and I will start looking a suitable liver for you. Please don’t ive up” Dong Hee say as he pull her and give her a hug. Ha Na just nod. “For now, please take this pills and don’t carried anything heavy” Hoonjae say as he give her the medicine. “You also have to come here often for me to check on you and give some treatment while we search for the suitable liver for you” Ha Na get up and nod her head. She took a peek at the watch and see it almost 5.30pm. Time flies quicker when we absorb with something. The consultation Hoonjae give her sure took a long time. She just nod as she understand all the details Hoonjae told her.

 “Ohh, Ha Na, you should tell Kwang Soo,” Hoonjae say as he stop her from leave the room. Ha Na just stood there. “You have to tell him Ha Na, you need support right now, especially from the loved one” Dong Hee say. “I will try” Ha Na say .

Flashback end.

 

Ha Na still squatting in her kitchen. She still crying. She has been held the tears when she was in the room with Hoonjae and Dong Hee. What should I tell oppa? Oppa, I am dying. Ha Na then took a deep breath. She look over her kitchen and realize the glass is all over her kitchen. She then quickly pick the glass and one of it cut her palm. She was about to get a tissue when she heard someone inserted the password at the keypad. She quickly wipe off her tears. Soon, Kwang Soo is there looking shocked seeing Ha Na squatting in the kitchen with a broken glass all over the place.

“Ha Na! what happen? I called you like a million times, why don’t you answered it?” He then quickly lift her and bring her to the sofa in the living room. He quickly look for the safety kit and start to treat her cut. Ha Na just look at Kwang Soo. Oppa, I’m dying. What should I do? Ha Na start to cry again. She was sobbing in silent while see Kwang Soo treat her wound. Kwang Soo then look up when he felt a tears drop. He look up and shocked seeing Ha Na crying so badly. He put down the tools. “Hye, Bunny. What is it? Is it hurt? I’m hurting you? Mianhe” “Oppa!” Ha Na throw herself into his arm. She were crying so badly until Kwang Soo don’t know what to do. He just held her tight and keep pat her head. Ha Na then slowly felt asleep while in Kwang Soo hug. She was tired with all the tears. Kwang Soo just sigh, he then slowly carried her and tuck her in bed. “What make you cry so badly honey? Mianhe, please tell me so I can share the painful with you.” Kwang Soo whisper to Ha Na. He then leave the room and clean all the mess in the kitchen. He pick up Ha Na handbag and saw a few pills in the bag. He was going to reach it when suddenly Ha Na appear. “Oppa,” He look in front and smile toward Ha Na. “Ohh you woke up already?” “I need something in the bag” Ha Na say. “Ohh, here it is. Hye why there are so many pills?” “Ouu.. that not a pills, it just a vitamin. I brought it because I seems to lake in vitamins”. Kwang Soo just nod his head. “So, anything happen to you? You seems to be heartbroken just now” Ha Na just smile and hug Kwang Soo. Mianhe oppa. I can’t tell you right now. I’ll tell you as soon as Dong Hee and Hoonjae found the suitable liver for me.  

“Anii, nothing happen. I was just shocked when the glass drop from my hand and the wound was hurting me” Ha Na say as she make a cute face to Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo just smile and shook his head away. He tighten his hug at Ha Na waist and kiss her on her forehead. “Don’t scared me like that again. And please answer my called. Hmm” Ha Na closed her eye and nod. “Oppa, saranghae” Ha Na say as she put her head on Kwang Soo chest. Trying not to cry again in front of him again.

I just want to be like this, I want oppa to remember me as the cheerful Ha Na. Not the sick Ha Na