CHAPTER 51

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bom's mind couldn't remember any spell that would slow down her fall! Her death loomed before her. In seconds, she would hit the ground!

 

Several paces before her body reached the ground, she felt something, someone grabbed one of her flailing hands! She looked up and saw Yoochun's smiling face above her.

 

"Yoochun?"

 

"You really didn't think I would just let you guys have all the fun here?" he laughed as he pulled her up.

 

"You are floating!" she blurted.

 

"Flying." He pointed at his shiny metal boots. "I used those anti-gravity metals to create this boots. I haven't yet tested this. I usually let Jaejoong tests all of my new inventions. But since this was an emergency, I had no choice but to use them. Now then, hold on to me tight as I try to land us."

 

"You still haven't tested how to land this?"

 

"Nope. So, brace yourself, Bom, we're crash landing!"

 

Bom took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Thankfully, Yoochun's flying boots didn't malfunction on their descent. But they descended too fast, both of them ended up tumbling and crushing the yellow daisies on the side garden.

 

"At least we're both alive," commented Yoochun as he laid on the ground breathing hard.

 

Bom quickly picked herself up. They landed beside the left side of the mansion. Jaejoong was fighting Lady Hye-Kyo on the front of the mansion.

 

"So, where is that husband of yours?" asked Yoochun who sat up and began dusting his clothes.

 

"If he succeeded in retrieving Dara-"

 

"You found Dara?"

 

"Cloud found her. Anyway, he wouldn't have taken Dara in the front of the house. He must have taken her behind the mansion to keep her safe."

 

"Then I better go there to check on Dara. You go back to the front to help out Jaejoong."

 

"I thought, you didn't want to miss out on the excitement?" she teased the blacksmith.

 

"I like watching the action from afar, Bom! I have a wife, kids and an upcoming grandchild to think of, so I couldn't just go rushing toward danger! Besides, I am sure Jaejoong could take care of Lady Hye-Kyo-" He stopped and smacked a hand to his forehead. "I almost forgot the second part of Jaejoong's plan!" He began rummaging through his pack until he found another gadget. As usual it was full of several buttons.

 

"Go meet with your husband, Junsu. I'll go and give a hand to Jaejoong." Yoochun, despite his bulk swiftly, raced to the front of the mansion.

 

Bom ran to the back of the house.

 

"Junsu!" she called out.

 

She soon found her husband sprawled on the ground!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong was physically stronger than Lady Hye-Kyo. If this was a hand-to-hand fight, Jaejoong could have quickly wrestled the small form of the Regent of Yore and emerged victorious early on. But since this was a magic battle, Jaejoong's physical strength wasn't helping him at all. Lady Hye-Kyo had an endless supply of power from her mansion, while Jaejoong's exertions due to his continuous jumping, running and dodging her magic was depleting his stamina. Add to that was his use of Lord Seung-won's wind magic. Jaejoong had to sparingly use that power because every time he used it, he could feel his strength diminishing. Magic users often had to train their mind and body in order not to lose consciousness while using magic. They also had a lifetime of familiarizing themselves with their natural powers. Jaejoong never trained his mind nor could he claim full knowledge in regards to using magic. He was simply using his instinct.

 

He knew that when he finally found proof that Lady Hye-Kyo was the one behind the Cult of SooHyuk, he would have to face her powers. He was just not expecting she would have unlimited powers!

 

"You shouldn't be exerting yourself, Lady Hye-Kyo, at your age," he taunted her as he evaded the slash of the water that had now taken the form of a long whip.

 

"You can't win by taunting her, Jaejoong," complained Cloud who floated near him.

 

Jaejoong ignored Cloud.

 

Lady Hye-Kyo snorted. Like most women, she didn't like being reminded of her age. The water whip parted and became two!

 

Jaejoong dodged the first whip, but he had to use wind magic in order to divert the attack of the second whip.

 

"You can't forever evade my attacks, Jaejoong. I can see you tiring. And the moment my water whips catch you, your body will be sliced into pieces!"

 

"She is right, you know," interjected Cloud.

 

"You are not helping!" Jaejoong berated him.

 

"You want me to zap her with my thunderbolts again? I don't think it would affect her this time. She had absorbed too much power from the mansion, my thunderbolts would only bounced back at me."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter