CHAPTER 24

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Oracle's temple looked just as Dara remembered it when she was still the Wisdom incarnation of the Oracle. The courtyard was still surrounded by flowers and trees laden with ripe fruits. And in the eastern side of the inner courtyard lay the Eternal Spring whose waters some believed could cure illness. But in truth, it only served as the keeper of the Sword of Truth. The sword could only be touched by the chosen one. The one who would become king as per the Oracle's will. Long had the people of Haldor believed that the Sword of Truth was the one choosing their king. Only when Jaejoong defied the Oracle did the truth emerge. It was the Oracle herself who chose the king because the voice of the Sword of Truth was a figment of the Oracle's will.

 

The Sword of Truth ceremony was now gone. Changed forever by Jaejoong's meddling and defiance of the Oracle's prophecy. The Sword of Truth had also ceased to exist as Jaejoong himself unconsciously turned it into a brittle weapon. All that remained of the sword was rust that had now settled on the bottom of the Eternal Spring.

 

"Wisdom... or should I now call you, Sandara Park?" said the voice of a girl.

 

Dara turned around and saw a young girl aged seven walking toward her. She was wearing a white flowing robe with a hood that covered her from head to toe. A large blue fireshadow followed her.

 

"Destiny?" Destiny was the youngest incarnation of the Oracle, and she was the one who could see visions of the future. But this couldn't be the Destiny she knew twenty years ago. The girl named Kal So Won who became the incarnation Destiny when Dara was still Wisdom would be a woman by now.

 

As the girl came closer, she pulled her hood down. Dara realized, this was not the Destiny she had known twenty years ago. This girl had blue eyes and dark brown hair while the one she had called her sister had brown eyes and yellow hair.

 

"If you are looking for Kal So Won, she left me fourteen years ago to become a normal woman. She is now married with three kids," said the girl.

 

"This is a dream," Dara observed.

 

"Of course it is a dream! Ever since that meddling fool, Jaejoong, ruined everything, I had been guarded constantly by soldiers. I could never leave the temple. The only way I could leave that temple is through dreams, and I could not even talk to people in their dreams because in order to do that I needed to have an incarnation of Wisdom and Memory. With just the incarnation of Destiny, I need a person with a small foresight capability to be able to talk to him through his dreams. But most of these people with foresight capability are boring!

 

"I cannot talk to them properly and when they do realize that I am the Oracle, all they want is advice on their love problems or financial difficulties! Arrgh!" The girl began stomping her feet on the ground.

 

"You never leave the temple anyway," Dara commented. She had now realized that she was talking directly to the Oracle. The Oracle had sensed her return and had now conta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter