CHAPTER 50

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The League always issued four standard equipments to its members. A water bottle, a piece of flint, a small dagger and a rope. All three were regular equipments except for the rope which was imbued with magic. The rope at first glance looked like a foot long normal rope with a small hook-like metal attached to one of its end. Members of the League often carried the rope coiled and tucked to their belts making it appear like an accessory.

 

But once the rope was uncoiled, it could become any length its owner wanted it to be. Most of the time, the rope was used to tie down or lasso some criminal. But when a member of the League needed to do some wall or mountain climbing, the magical strength of the rope could carry more than two person.

 

Junsu was surprised to find that he was on the roof first before Bom. Bom had always beaten him in climbing because she used magic while he had to rely on his own strength and muscles. He couldn't help but grin because of this victory. But he soon tucked that grin aside when he saw the big hole on the roof that resulted from the explosion they heard moments ago.

 

He peeked into the hole and saw Dara lying on the floor, unconscious. He hauled the rope he used to climb to the roof and dropped it down to the hole. Once he was assured the rope's hook was secured, he quickly rappelled himself down to the uppermost floor of the mansion. He landed a few feet from Dara, his sword ready. He studied his surroundings and prepared for any attack from the members of the cult. Nothing.

 

When he was finally convinced that there were no enemies lurking nearby, he approached Dara. He carefully checked her body for injuries. He breathed a sigh of relief when he found no serious wound on her body. He tried to wake her, but she remained asleep. Whether it was due to some spell or concussion, Junsu didn't know. But he knew, he had to take her out of the mansion as soon as possible.

 

Using his belt, he strapped Dara behind his back before climbing back up the rope. Dara's own sword remained on the sheath, dangling from her waist.

 

In seconds, he was back on top of the roof. The sounds of fighting and Jaejoong's continuous taunts that further enraged Lady Hye-Kyo could be heard from his position. Bom had not yet reached the roof. The only reason Bom wasn't here already could be because she was the one who encountered the members of the cult!

 

Though Junsu worried about his wife's safety, he trusted her ability to extricate herself from whatever dangerous situation she found herself into. He also needed to get Dara down first and into a much safer place.

 

After securing the rope's hook, he began his descent down the mansion's wall while carrying Dara on his back. He had decided to go down from the back of the mansion in order not to get caught between Jaejoong and Lady Hye-Kyo's battle.

 

He reached the ground without further mishap. Part of him wanted to join the fight and also discover what had happened to Bom. But he just couldn't leave Dara lying here unconscious.

 

He once again tried to wake up Daral. He gently shook her shoulder.

 

"Dara? Wake up. You are missing the fight between Jaejoong and Lady Hye-Kyo."

 

Dara's eyelids moved. She was waking up.

 

Her eyes opened.

 

Junsu smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter