CHAPTER 3

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Are you telling me that Han is also Kim Jaejoong?" Dara began as she rose from her seat. The idea of Jaejoong and Han being the same person was absurd!

 

"Y-Yes." Yoochun was puzzled. "You also didn't know that?"

 

"That's not possible!" she snapped. "Han cannot be Jaejoong because they are two totally different people!" Her mind couldn't accept that the boy that irritated her so much had become the man she had grown to respect and admire!

 

"They are one and the same, Dara," came Bom's soft but steady voice. "Han is Lord Kim Jaejoong, the man responsible for destroying the Oracle and allowing magic and science to flourish side by side in Haldor."

 

"How could that be possible when-" She stopped denying the truth. But an anger began building inside her. Jaejoong hadn't matured or changed at all! And he had once again deceived her!

 

Junsu came to her side and picked up her cup. He poured more wine in it before giving it back to her.

 

"Drink this, Dara. It would calm you down. And it would be best for you to have an open mind in order to understand what is happening." He turned to Bom. "You better begin your story at the beginning."

 

"Have you calmed down, Dara?" inquired Bom.

 

Daral was not sure what she was feeling right now. Her mind was still reeling from the fact that the man who earned her respect and trust was the same irritating, stubborn and proud boy that made her life miserable!

 

She glanced back to the direction where Han and Cloud were walking. She could no longer see the two. Had Han run away when he realized that she had finally discovered the truth? Should she start calling him Jaejoong?

 

She drank the wine and focused on Bom.

 

Bom looked like a young woman. But her eyes began to look old as if she had lived a hundred lives when she started to speak again.

 

"To start, let me tell you first about me. I am a mage. But some call me a necromancer since I use the life force of the living to create magic thereby bringing death. I have been part of Lord Kim's League since my powers of magic had awakened."

 

"Are Junsu and Yoochun mages too?" Dara found herself asking despite the turmoil inside her.

 

"Yoochun is a blacksmith and an inventor. But everyone calls him a scientist since that's the most popular term used today for brilliant people who can invent things and turn nature into something else. Junsu on the other hand, is a warrior, like Lord Kim. He is not a mage but somehow, he is immune to magic.

 

"But enough about them. You would soon get to know them if you decide to stay with the League. For now, let me tell you how this all began. Four months ago, after Lord Kim saved Lady Krystal from the clutches of the Cult of SooHyuk, the members of this dangerous cult created a powerful spell. They tried to use this spell to kill Lord Kim but his powers of foresight-"

 

Dara wanted to correct Bom that the power of foresight was hers, but she decided to remain quiet.

 

"Enabled him to survive," continued Bom. "Unfortunately, the spell was so powerful that it erased almost one year of memories from Lord Kim. Specifically, the memory of the time when he destroyed the Oracle."

 

"Jaejoong thought that those memories are not important and that he could live without them," commented Yoochun. "But Cloud argued that he must recover those memories. That he must relive and remember them because Jaejoong had lost something very important within those erased memories, and he would need to remember it in order for him to become complete. Cloud believed that Jaejoong would not be what he is now if he couldn't recover his memories as well as the secret hidden in those memories." Yoochun's eyes were staring directly at Dara. As if he wanted to say something more.

 

But Bom continued with her narration.

 

"Cloud suggested that Lord Kim go back in time."

 

"How did he return to the past?" Dara found herself asking.

 

"I used my powers to help him go back in time. By using the bones of his ancestors in the mausoleum, I was able to create a bridge between this time and the world of twenty years ago. To create a magical portal through different times, several things must be present. There must be something in this time that has existed twenty years ago. And those things must be part of the person who will travel in time. Lord Kim had the same blood, the same genes as his dead ancestors, so he was able to travel through the time portal using the natural magic that his ancestors' bones possessed."

 

"Bones have magic?" Dara realized that magic at this time had advanced to a degree that she no longer understood.

 

"Yes. But only necromancers like me could use them. To other mages, they are just bones."

 

"Wait, there's something not right in your story. If Jaejoong travelled through time using the bones of his ancestors as a bridge and your magic, then how come I was able to use that bridge also when I am not even related to the Kims?"

 

"Because you were once part of the Oracle or maybe because you are a mage, or simply because that was what was supposed to happen," Yoochun interjected. "We don't know exactly how Jaejoong was able to bring you from the past into this time. But we know through history books that you have disappeared after the Oracle was destroyed. Everyone thought that you died with the exception of Jaejoong and Cloud. They never told us what happened to you, except that you were still alive. Jaejoong forgot everything about you after his memory was erased by the SooHyuk cult, but Cloud remembered everything so he talked to us so we could find a way to send Jaejoong back into the past. Cloud explained that we would only be doing what we had always been doing since we became part of the League. Right what is wrong. And for this future to continue existing, we had to send Jaejoong back twenty years ago to help and save his eighteen-year-old self. We didn't expect though that he would bring you back here, Dara. But you being here, solved the mystery of why you disappeared twenty years ago."

 

"Does Jaejoong knew before he went back i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter