CHAPTER 20

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara tossed and her bed. It was now past midnight. Yet sleep would not come to her. And there's only one person to blame for this, Jaejoong! He wouldn't get out of her head! Since Cloud loudly announced to everyone within earshot that she was in love with Jaejoong, she had received knowing looks from everyone in the League! Thankfully, not one of them . But Cloud had endlessly even during the funeral rites!

 

But that wasn't the worst part! The thing that really made her cringe with embarrassment was knowing that all this time, Jaejoong believed that she was in love with him! The nerve of the man! She was not in love with him! How dared he thought that she, Sandara Park, would become like the women who threw themselves before his feet!

 

Fuming and unable to sleep, and with her thoughts in turmoil, it took her several moments before she realized someone was knocking on her door.

 

She climbed out of bed and walked to the door. The gentle knocking continued. Intrigued as to who would knock at a woman's bedchamber at this time of night, she opened the door. She was not afraid that it would be an enemy. She had no enemy on this time period. Even if it was an enemy, she could easily take him down! Even if there were more than one, the fighting skills she absorbed from Jaejoong included lethal hand-to-hand combat!

 

She felt shock, anger and embarrassment, all at the same time when she saw who was her night visitor. Standing in front of her door was Jaejoong! Before she could speak, he walked past her and strode toward her bed!

 

"W-What do you think you are doing?" she blurted.

 

"Close the door, Dara," he ordered.

 

Part of her wanted to defy him. But what if one of the maids was still up and saw them together? Her reputation would be tarnished! She would become among Jaejoong's string of lovers and conquests in the eyes of those who would know about Jaejoong's visit to her bedchambers tonight!

 

She closed the door. The window was wide enough. She could still throw Jaejoong out of the window with the right force and proper leverage.

 

"If you think you could just barge in here just because you believed I am in love with you, you are gravely mistaken!"

 

Jaejoong's dark eyes twinkled.

 

"I made Cloud tease you, Dara."

 

"You did what?!" she could barely control her anger.

 

"I told him specifically to tell as many people as he could that you are in love with me."

 

"Do you want to die with a broken neck or a sword in your heart?" she glared.

 

"Calm down. As part of the Oracle, you could hide your emotions quite well. But since you came in on your own, it became impossible for you to control your temper. And I needed everyone to think that you are indeed in love with me. And that tonight, we would become lovers."

 

"Have you gone out of your mind?! Nothing is going to happen between us tonight!" she snarled.

 

"Of course, nothing is going to happen. Because I have to go somewhere else tonight. But I want everyone to think that I spent the night in your room and we have become lovers. After Cloud's continued teasing this afternoon, I am sure the two of us spending the night is quite, believable," he said the last word with emphasis.

 

Dara frowned and crossed her arms on her chest. The Jaejoong she knew always had a plan. He always found a way to get out of tough and dangerous situations. And she now believed that he had included her in whatever plans he had concocted without her consent.

 

"Does this have something to do with your engagement with Lady Krystal?"

 

"If I was sure this would make her break our engagement, I would have done it long ago. But since she's under the effect of a love potion, she wouldn't care at all even if I bed a thousand women. She would remain faithful and in love with me."

 

"Then why-"

 

"I don't have enough time, Dara. I have to go now. Don't wait up for me. If you wake up tomorrow morning and I am still not here, don't leave the room. Wait for my return. Everyone must see me leave your room first before you do."

 

"You want me to starve here?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter