CHAPTER 2

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara  noticed that the camp had two tents and based on the ashes left by the burned-out fire between the tents, Han's friends or League had been here for at least three days, waiting for Han's return.

 

Yoochun began making another fire. Dara  found herself staring at the silver bracelet on his wrist as she sat on one of the stools near the campfire. The silver bracelet looked out of place in the large hand of Yoochun. If something should have adorned the man's hand, it should be iron gauntlets.

 

Yoochun noticed her stare. He smiled and began taking off the silver bracelet.

 

"I don't use this as an accessory, although some women had their timepieces adorned with gold and other jewels." He handed her the bracelet.

 

Dara 's eyes widened when she realized that the glass and metal she glimpsed earlier mounted on the bracelet was indeed a small version of a timepiece. In Solaris, these timepieces where put inside a large metal locket that had a long chain usually tied to the belt of a man. Women never carried such things and preferred to look at large clocks usually situated in the corner of a house.

 

"Timepieces nowadays have become like jewelries for women. And everyone else always seem to need to know the exact time. With the way Haldor has been changing, most people are always running off to somewhere to do something or see someone. Gone were those peaceful and idyllic days." A sigh escaped from Yoochun.

 

"Is that bad or good?" Dara  asked, though Yoochun's words had begun to confuse her.

 

"Both. Since with all the advances in technology and magic, you don't have to wait for days to get a sword made or even that timepiece. Everyone's craft and skills continued to improve that most things these days are created in mere hours instead of days."

 

"That's a good thing," she pointed out as she remembered how she was able to improve on all of Jaejoong's fighting skills that was transferred to her. "

 

But also bad, because as they continue to improve, the people's need and desire for things also increased. They can no longer become contented. And since everyone around them are also improving, each one wants to outdo each other. Competition has become quite fierce nowadays. Not that I am complaining since I am still the blacksmith that produces the best weapons, armor and tools here in Haldor." There was pride in Yoochun's voice. He began to have a faraway look.

 

"I was among those whose original ideas had been erased from my memory by the Oracle because she deemed it was dangerous."

 

Dara  blinked and looked hard at Yoochun. She remembered him! She was still part of the Oracle when the other incarnation of the Oracle, Destiny, had a vision of a dangerous idea forming inside an apprentice blacksmith in Gorge named Yoochun! They, the three incarnations of the Oracle quickly sent a dream to the young blacksmith, summoning him to the temple. Inside the temple, Memory methodically erased such ideas and implanted a more benign idea on his mind which was the importance of starting a family.

 

But that only happened five years ago! And the blacksmith was just a few years older than her. But the man talking before him looked to be in his forties!

 

Dara stood up as she stared hard at Yoochun.

 

"Why do you talk of these things as if they happened so long ago? And you could not be the Park Yoochun, apprentice of Master Lee Byung-hun! You are too old to be him!"

 

Yoochun looked uncomfortable.

 

"It seemed he hasn't yet told you the truth," muttered Yoochun.

 

Bom had quietly sat on a log near one of the tents since they arrived in the camp. She now broke her silence.

 

"You have travelled through time, Dara."

 

Dara turned to the mage.

 

"What?" "You are now twenty years from the time you had come from.

 

You are now in the year 2015."

 

Dara was about to say it was impossible, but after everything she had experienced and seen, anything was possible. She found herself sitting again on the stool.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter