CHAPTER 32

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An hour and several kisses later, Dara heard the noises of large burners keeping two big airships afloat. Jaejoong stood up and finally let her go. Dara would have wanted to stand too, but she wasn't sure her legs were strong enough. She still felt weak and dizzy from the kisses. Her breathing had not yet returned to normal. So, she remained sitting and watched as the two airships approached them.

 

A black cloud from one of the airships headed straight at them.

 

"Good work, Cloud!" praised Jaejoong.

 

"And you thought I would get sidetracked by other things."

 

"That usually happens."

 

"Not this time! I know how important this is, specially now that we have captured the leader of the cult."

 

"Krystal is not the leader. She could just be one of the lieutenants. So, that means two more lieutenants are out there and their leader."

 

"So, our mission isn't over yet? The cult's leader would not like this. You have not only provoked him but thwarted his plan! He would definitely strike back against you, against our League! This mission has become much more exciting!" Cloud began rolling around in circles.

 

Jaejoong laughed. "You're supposed to get dismayed with this," he teased.

 

"Why? Since we haven't yet captured and stopped the leader of the cult, this means more adventure, more fun! Therefore, exciting!"

 

Dara knew Yoochun and the others wouldn't share the black cloud's enthusiasm. Watching Jaejoong and Cloud argue was a very familiar sight to her. But unlike the eighteen-year-old Jaejoong she had known before, the Jaejoong before her no longer lost his temper from Cloud's taunts. He could now expertly argue with Cloud and without losing his cool.

 

But that wasn't the only thing Jaejoong had learned through the years. Dara found herself touching . She thought she knew what a kiss was, but Jaejoong proved her wrong. He had also taught her how to kiss back. Made her aware of the different kinds of kisses possible between a man and a woman. In her innocence, she thought a kiss was simply the touching of two mouths.

 

Jaejoong showed her it was so much more! She never thought that a kiss could make her giddy. Or that it could rival the blood rush she felt whenever she fought. But unlike fighting that resulted in bruises and injuries, the end result of a kiss was a feeling of happiness and warmth.

 

 "Dara!"

 

Jaejoong's voice brought her back to the present. She saw him with Cloud already heading down to the mouth of the cave. His hand was signaling her to follow them.

 

She quietly berated herself for getting lost in stupid daydreams! She stood up. Her legs had gotten back their strength. When his hand caught her hand on her way down, she didn't protest. It would be silly to reject Jaejoong's hand when she had already allowed him to kiss her passionately. They walked hand in hand. Despite his pronouncements and those kissing lessons, she still felt her face burn when the others noticed Jaejoong holding her hand.

 

She reminded herself that she should not be embarrassed. She had now clearly acknowledged her feelings toward him with her reactions and kisses. And since he was no longer engaged to Lady Krystal, there should no longer be any hindrance between them. Denying what she felt would be foo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter