CHAPTER 12

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bom and Junsu's activities took longer than an hour. Their schedule was delayed and by the time they reached former Regent Seung-won's villa, it was already mid-afternoon.

 

Dara was a native of Mussur. This region was known all throughout Haldor as the food basket of the world. All the best produce came from this region. Rusum and Peak, two of the three great rivers of Haldor, flowed through the Mussur region turning it into a fertile land. Flatlands that stretched for miles also abound in the region. There was a well-known saying in Haldor that anything planted on Mussur's soil would grow and thrive.

 

Cha Seung-won's villa was surrounded by vineyards filled with grapevines teeming with fruits waiting to ripen and to be turned into the finest wine. Everyone living in Mussur toiled the land. Whether rich or poor, everyone was a farmer. Every family also specialized on different produce. Dara's family were wheat growers. It seemed, Seung-won's family were grape growers and wine makers.

 

As the incarnation of the Oracle called Wisdom, Dara often spoke to Seung-won like a master ordering her servant. The regents were in some respect like the Oracle's servant. They obeyed the Oracle without question, until Jaejoong defied the Oracle and turned everything they knew upside down. This was the first time Dara would be meeting the former regent since she fought him inside the Oracle's temple.

 

Her last meeting with Seung-won wasn't exactly friendly. He tried to kill her since the Oracle had ordered her death. She would have died then if Jaejoong hadn't managed to catch her in time after Seung-won's power threw her up into the air.

 

Twenty years had passed for Seung-won. But for Dara, their fight only happened last week.

 

The large, white gate of the plantation was quickly opened for their group. The servant who greeted them led them toward the two-storey high, white villa in the middle of the plantation.

 

Their horses were quickly taken cared of by grooms waiting for them. A surprise also awaited them in the villa's parlor.

 

"Father? What are you doing here?" exclaimed Jaejoong upon seeing the former king of Haldor.

 

As expected, King Won Bin had aged. He used to have gray temples, but now, all of his hair had turned to silver, but they remained thick. Baldness was never a trait of the Kim family. Male members of the family who died of old age carried their thick hair to their grave. But despite being in his seventies, the former king remained physically fit.

 

Instead of answering his son, the former king's eyes were riveted to Dara.

 

"Wisdom?" He stared wide eyed.

 

"Call me Dara, Your Highness."

 

"How could this be possible?"

 

Before anyone else could explain, Cloud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter