CHAPTER 39

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After lunch with Junsu, Yoochun and Bom, the latter took Dara back to her room. A surprise awaited Dara there in the form of a peach-colored dress. Several minutes later, Dara barely recognized the woman in the mirror in front of her.

 

She never thought she would look this different by just wearing a dress and putting her hair up in intricate braids.

 

Bom smiled as she put a flower-shaped pin on the right side of her hair. The peach dress was full of white laces, making her look delicate. The white gloves that reached up to her elbow and this new hairstyle made her appear like a princess. Or at least belonging to royalty.

 

"You look like a princess!" Bom exclaimed.

 

"This was your idea after all," Dara reminded her.

 

Bom giggled and made her rise from her seat.

 

Standing up, Dara once again stared at her reflection. She had never worn a dress like this. It was peach-colored with white laces lining the square-shaped neckline and the long skirt reached down to her ankles. The neckline was low enough to show off the top of her s but high enough to hide her cleavage. It was sleeveless, thus the need for the white gloves to make it fashionable according to Bom. The dress accentuated the shape of her waistline before it billowed to a flowing skirt. And underneath these clothes were intricately designed linen chemise and drawers.

 

Dara's underclothes were often made of plain and simple cotton. Since they came to Lady Hye-Kyo's mansion, she rarely used those underclothes because of Jaejoong. She wondered what Jaejoong would say if he saw her looking like this? But even if these clothes made her look like a princess, she would never be one.

 

"Now that you are properly dressed, it's time we take a walk into the garden. Let's pretend we are ladies of the court," giggled Bom who was wearing a dark green gown with yellow flowers.

 

"It's hard to walk in these clothes, Bom. I don't even know where to put my sword because of this bulky skirt."

 

"Don't be silly. You don't need your sword. And you will just ruin that dress if you insist in making your sword part of your attire. I picked that dress specially for you. You better get used to wearing such clothes, because as members of the League, we are often invited to grand balls and parties. We can't go there wearing our travelling clothes! When I first became part of the League, I also had to learn how to wear gowns and dresses as well as the required etiquette and behaviors of Haldor's elite and royalty. Jaejoong always gets invited to these different occasions and he would dragged us all with him if he couldn't wrangle himself out of the situation. Since you and him are now together, you must also prepare yourself for such eventuality!"

 

She sighed.

 

"Be happy I didn't let you wear the corset," Bom admonished her.

 

"How much does these dresses cost?"

 

"Don't worry. All League-related expenses will be shouldered by the palace treasury. We work directly for the king after all." bom took Dara's hand and placed it in the crook of her arm. "Now then, let's enjoy this day."

 

Walking in the garden brought Dara back to the time when she was still the Wisdom incarnation of the Oracle. Even then, she always found herself in the temple's inner courtyard. The temple's garden was simple, but it had all kinds of flowers and fruit-bearing trees. She had enjoyed her quiet walks in that garden.

 

The garden around Lady Hye-Kyo's mansion meanwhile was large! Almost like a park. The part of the garden she saw from the windows of their bedchamber had rows of blue and white flower beds arranged in a circular manner.

 

The part where Bom and she were having their stroll was behind the mansion. And there were pathways covered with white sand as well as stone benches and vine-covered arches.

 

"This place looks amazing at night specially when the moon is full. Two nights ago, Junsu and I went for a walk here." Bom smiled meaningfully.

 

"How did you and Junsu got married?"

 

"I asked him. And made sure he could not say no." She laughed. Bom's aloof attitude toward her was gone. She had accepted her not only as a friend but also as Jaejoong's lover.

 

Dara couldn't help but admire and envy Bom's simple life. But then, her life was never simple. First, she was chosen to become one of the Oracle's incarnation, then it became complicated when she met Jaejoong, and now, she had fallen in love with him.

 

But there's no fixing that last part. No going back in time. She needed to learn to live in this present and prepare for the coming future. She had no intention of denying what she felt anymore. She had already accepted that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter