CHAPTER 25

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Twenty years ago...

 

 

Jaejoong had travelled back in time to save his eighteen-year-old self from the hordes of undead and to reclaim the memory that the Cult of SooHyuk had wiped away from his mind. Cloud who remembered everything had refused to tell him those lost memories with the exception that he had to save his younger self by going back in time. Cloud insisted that he had to relive those events himself. Because it was the only way for everything to return to normal. And according to Cloud, Jaejoong himself had decided before he lost his memory to travel back in time.

 

As proof, Cloud had shown Jaejoong where he had hidden his own letter to himself telling him to travel through time and relive the time lost from his memory.

 

In order not to change the future and to remain unknown to historians, Jaejoong had called himself Han and made his eighteen-year-old self believed that they were distant cousins.

 

Protecting and getting the younger Jaejoong's trust was easy. Jaejoong even found himself respecting his younger self as he watched him made decisions and plans that turned former enemies into comrades and allies.

 

Right now, their group composed of himself, young Jaejoong, Donghae, Dara and Cloud had been living for several weeks now in the secret oasis between the Angora mountains in the desert region of Risine. During this time, people believed that the Angora mountain was just one big mountain. But in truth, there were two mountains standing side by side. From afar, the two mountains looked like one enormous mountain. Even travelers who passed by the mountains couldn't tell the two mountains apart since they were pressed together tightly.

 

But a view from above would reveal that there was indeed two large mountains. At this time, no air balloon was capable of reaching the heights of the Angora mountain. But their group had Cloud who had memorized the geographical terrain of Haldor. He suggested that they could hide between the two mountains.

 

A small valley lay between the Angora mountains. It had an oasis, plants and trees; and most desert animals knew this place, so their group had no problem getting food. The five of them became like a family. Him, being the eldest became the father figure, Donghae-the elder brother, Dara-the elder sister, young Jaejoong as the youngest and Cloud sometimes became a pet and sometimes like a wise grandfather depending on his mood.

 

Jaejoong had also begun training Dara and young Jaejoong. He couldn't help but be amused whenever the two got into a fight. Young Jaejoong's pride always suffered since all his fighting skills had been transferred to Dara's body.

 

When Jaejoong first met Dara, he didn't recognize her as the cold and aloof Wisdom incarnation of the Oracle he still remembered. He thought she was just a skinny girl that got dragged into younger Jaejoong's problems. But despite being almost skin and bones and with bleeding hands, she had stubbornly fought the hordes of undead using the Sword of Truth.

 

She had earned h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter