CHAPTER 45

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Oracle had told Dara that Lady Song Hye-Kyo was the new leader and the driving force behind the Cult of SooHyuk. Jaejoong had accepted the invitation of Lady Hye-Kyo in order to find out if there was truth to the Oracles' words. Dara's meeting with the Regent of Yore this morning was part of Jaejoong's plan in order to push Lady Hye-Kyo into making a move. If Dara could make Lady Hye-Kyo believe that she could still see into the future and there's a possibility she would discover the truth, the regent would target Dara to stop her from spreading this information. And there was also the fact that Jaejoong had shown through his words and actions how important Dara was to him.

 

The cult had failed in their direct attack to Jaejoong, but they could try another tactic by abducting Dara and using her as leverage to make Jaejoong do their biddings. Jaejoong's plan was to capture whoever would try to abduct Dara and then confront Lady Hye-Kyo.

 

The part about Dara's demand to Lady Hye-Kyo to make her part of the nobility of Haldor was her own personal plan. Jaejoong had now knowledge of this because he only instructed her to warn and offer help to Lady Hye-Kyo in return for a future unknown favor.

 

Dara now faced the Regent of Yore inside this magical room. After accusing her directly of being the leader of the cult, Dara watched the expression on the old woman's face change, from shock to annoyance and into full anger.

 

"Please don't bother denying it. This is what I saw in the future," Dara lied. She needed to keep up the pretense that she could still see the future.

 

Lady Hye-Kyo's chin rose in defiance.

 

"Your vision has failed you, Dara. Because if you had looked closely into the future, then you wouldn't be in this situation. You should have seen that by threatening and forcing your stupid demands on me, you would end up here. Your powers must have weakened since you gave part of it to Jaejoong twenty years ago."

 

"What makes you think, Lady Hye-Kyo, that I didn't see this situation?" She continued to improvise and bluff. Jaejoong had warned her during their bedroom talk that her confrontation with Lady Hye-Kyo could result to the Cult of SooHyuk's attention focusing on her. But like most plans, nothing went as planned. Events couldn't be controlled. Jaejoong thought he would be able to protect her and capture whoever would try to harm or abduct her by simply being with her. Cloud was also supposed to follow her like he did when Jaejoong allowed himself to be taken by the cult before.

 

But Dara's current situation didn't bother or upset her. It made her more determined to find out everything about Lady Hye-Kyo and the cult's plan.

 

"Even the Oracle's vision was faulty. Compared to her who is an eternal being, I am just human. And my powers only show me part of the future, not everything. I couldn't even look back into the past and find out why someone like you would take over the leadership of a cult when you are already a powerful leader. How could someone like you who protected Haldor all these years suddenly want the society you built destroyed? You must have gone mad, Lady Hye-Kyo. Or are you under a spell?"

 

"My mind is clear, and no one could ever put a spell on me. Only those with weak and puny minds could ever be controlled by a spell!"

 

"Then why become the leader of this cult?"

 

"Because SooHyuk was my son!" Lady Hye-Kyo lashed out. "And they ordered his death, and Jaejoong killed him! Jaejoong had no right to kill my son when he allowed the Oracle to continue existing! My son was just a boy, a boy who could still be reformed!"

 

"They?" she inquired.

 

"The Haldor Council!'

 

"But you are a member of that council..." Dara stopped. She now understood everything. Lady Hye-Kyo had ordered the death of her son without knowing that he was the founder and leader of the cult! In her guilt-ridden mind, she was avenging her son's death by bringing down the world she helped create and fulfilling her son's wish. A Haldor where magic users reigned supreme.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong's power of foresight activated during his conversation with Lady Hye-Kyo, as he hoped it would. His vision showed him Dara inside a white room. Still alive. But as to where that room was, the vision failed to show him.

 

The moment they arrived in the mansion several days ago, Jaejoong had set off his plan to unmask Lady Hye-Kyo as the new leader of the Cult of SooHyuk or at least find proof that she wasn't, and the Oracle was simply deceiving them. He had given instructions to Yoochun, Bom and Junsu to secretly began investigating every part of the mansion. The gardens and the man- made lake on the eastern part of the estate had been thoroughly mapped. The frequent trips the three did to the surrounding countryside were also part of the investigation. By the time Lady Hye-Kyo had arrived, they knew every nook and cranny of the mansion and its surroundings including the nearby towns.

 

His group had found an underground cave in the lake. Secret passageways in the mansion that led to the garden were also discovered. Even the old dungeon in the basement was found by Yoochun. The secret room located in the attic was also located. But their investigation never revealed the existence of the white room where Dara was currently being held.

 

Several hours had already passed since Dara was taken and Jaejoong's talk to Lady Hye-Kyo. The magical storm had by now disappeared. They had also finished searching every corner of the mansion and its surroundings, yet they still failed to find the white room Jaejoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter