CHAPTER 27

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong's conversation with Krystal was interrupted by the arrival of three of her cohorts. They were dressed like Krystal, but it was obvious from their walk and demeanor that all three were men, or rather young men. Most members of the Cult of SooHyuk were young. Most of them just had their powers awakened and were in that stage where they believed that everyone was against them and that no one understood them. They would find any reason just to rebel and make their mark in the world. These were the kind of people that the leaders of the cult recruited because they were easy to manipulate and indoctrinate in the cult's beliefs.

 

The tallest of the three had a haughty air around him. Jaejoong immediately assigned the name Snob to him. Snob's other companion seemed to be self-conscious and preferred to walk behind the two others. Jaejoong named this one Shy. The third one he called Eyes, because despite the hood he wore, Jaejoong clearly felt how Eyes studied him from head to toe as if memorizing every part of his body.

 

"Even without clothes, he still look impressive," commented Eyes.

 

"You have removed your hood!" exclaimed Shy as he saw Lady Krystal's face.

 

"It doesn't matter, he already knows who I am. And after tonight, he won't remember anything."

 

Snob pulled down his hood. Jaejoong was tempted to change the name he had given him to freckles or pimples since the young man had plenty of those.

 

"Then I have no reason to use this." Snob tucked his hood to the belt of his robe.

 

"When are we going to begin the ceremony?" There was excitement in Eyes's voice.

 

"Any moment now," answered Krystal. By her demeanor and the way the three men showed deference to her, it was clear that she was the leader of this small group of the cult. "Just remember your roles. If one of you fails, this won't work. He won't turn into the Lord of Darkness, and if he did, we might not be able to control him!"

 

Krystal remained standing where she was. The three others meanwhile stepped back and positioned themselves on the wall opposite Jaejoong.

 

"If only you loved me back, Jaejoong," Lady Krystal said. "I would have done this as painlessly as possible. But you have not just hurt me, you also shamed me in front of everyone by sleeping with that lowly wench!"

 

Wench? It was now clear that though Krystal was the one who erased Jaejoong's memory, she never saw the images in his mind. Dara's images must have been hazy or blurred because if Krystal clearly saw Dara's face, she would have instantly recognized the former Oracle. Still, Krystal's power remained dangerous because she could easily pinpoint the exact part of his mind where memories of Dara were stored and take it. Damn these rules of magic! Every power always seemed to have a different rule and limitation!

 

Lady Krystal walked toward Jaejoong. When their eyes met, she raised her hands and pressed her palms on both sides of Jaejoong's head.

 

"I would have made you sleep peacefully like before when I first took out the memory of that woman from your mind. But now, you will be fully awake and every memory I steal from you would give you unbearable pain! And after your mind had been emptied, you would become our slave and you will be mine!"

 

Jaejoong began to suspect that Krystal was not just an ordinary member of the cult. With the kind of power she possessed, she could be on the top tier of the leadership, and if one would even take into account her royal blood and position in the society, she could be one of the lieutenants or even the new leader of the cult!

 

"Does your followers know that you are going to sacrifice their lives tonight?"

 

The three men didn't see the surprised expression on Krystal's face. Jaejoong secretly thanked that Donghae's information was indeed correct. Krystal quickly gained her composure back and began concentrating. Jaejoong felt something invading his mind. It was like a phantom hand, trying to wrest every thought and memory he had.

 

"You stupid boys!" he shouted at the three followers. "The moment I lose my memory, Krystal will have you give me your powers!"

 

"Of course we know that!" shot back Snob. "We will give you a portion of our powers so you would become a powerful weapon for us."

 

The pain on Jaejoong's head intensified as Krystal tried to hasten the process and stop him from talking. It was clear from her actions that these three were sent here to become the sacrifice. To be the first among the members of the Cult of SooHyuk to give Jaejoong magic powers.

 

"The Lord of Darkness do not just take a portion of a mage's power! He takes everything, including their lives!" Jaejoong yelled at the three young men. That wasn't exactly, true but he needed to create dissention among the followers. Made them question their loyalty to Krystal.

 

At the same time, he was trying to summon the powers Seung-won had given him. But not even a wisp of the wind was appearing! Even his power of foresight was not working!

 

"The moment you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter