CHAPTER 33

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

By evening, Dara found herself in the halls of the mansion of Lady Hye-Kyo. Her last encounter with the Regent of Yore was inside the Oracle's temple. The regent then was following the Oracle's order to kill Dara.

 

To Daral, that encounter happened only several days ago. But to Lady Hye-Kyo, two decades had already passed. Maybe the regent would not remember her. Lady Hye-Kyo, though a good leader to the people of Yore, was a woman who carried a grudge. And though Jaejoong was the one who defeated her, the Regent of Yore might still bore some resentment toward Dara for supporting Jaejoong's cause before. The regent could have made her peace with Jaejoong through the years, but Dara had yet to make amends for whatever grievances she had caused the former.

 

True to his word, Viscount Joong-ki had treated them well upon their arrival. A banquet was waiting for them. Their horses, which they had to retrieve from their camp before going to Yore, were led to the best stalls and given fresh hay.

 

And after a satisfying dinner, they were led to the left wing of the third floor of the mansion.

 

The butler who accompanied them was dressed in a blue uniform with white buttons on the front of his shirt matching the color of his gloves. The color of Lady Hye-Kyo's mansion and everything in it were in different shades of blue and white. Dara noticed that the color theme of the mansion was in connection to Lady Hye-Kyo's power. The regent could control water, and blue and white were often the colors associated with that element.

 

It became obvious to their group that the butler couldn't see Cloud because the little cloud was floating on top of him, making it look like he had a weird hat. Cloud kept changing his shape making the butler look so ridiculous. Dara and the rest of the group found it hard to control their laughter from his antics.

 

"The rooms in the left wing all had private bathrooms. And we had prepared hot baths for each one of you," explained the butler with pride and with all seriousness in spite of the antler-shaped cloud that seemed to have sprung from his head. "This mansion prides itself in acquiring the newest gadgets and technologies that would enhance the comfort of our guests."

 

 He began walking to the first door in the hall. "This bedchamber was specially prepared for you, Prince Jaejoong. If there's anything you need, just pull the bell chord, and one of the servants would be with you in seconds." He opened the door for Jaejoong.

 

"And my comrades?" asked Jaejoong.

 

"Their rooms would be further down the hall, Your Lordship."

 

The butler turned to Dara and the others.

 

"I will show you your rooms," said the butler who slightly nodded to the direction down the hall.

 

"Goodnight, everyone." Jaejoong waved them off with his right hand before suddenly grabbing Dara's hand and pulling her toward his room! Dara and the butler were both shocked.

 

"Your Lordship, she has her own room to sleep in!" protested the butler.

 

"Who said anything about sleeping?" Jaejoong dared the butler to contradict his decision.

 

The butler's protestations died from his lips. He bowed his head and headed down the hall. Using his white gloved right hand, he signaled Yoochun and the others to follow him.

 

Dara saw the meaningful smiles and stares of the group before they followed the butler. She was surprised that even Cloud had abandoned her and glided down the hall!

 

Jaejoong closed the door immediately after she was pulled inside. She quickly turned to look at him to give him a thrashing, but he suddenly put his forefinger against her lips. He silently motioned her to follow him to the bathroom where they could hear running water.

 

"I am not going to take a bath with you!" Dara snapped. She remained standing where she was.

 

"Why not? We have been on the road the whole day. Normally, guests would first be asked to bathe, wear their best clothes before dinner gets served. I only made them serve us dinner first because I'm famished. And taking a bath after dinner is much more enjoyable." He began walking toward the bathroom.

 

"I understand that, but if I am going to take a bath, it will be in my own bedchambers. The butler said I have my own room on this floor."

 

Jaejoong pretended not to hear her and continued walking toward the bathroom. A few seconds after he entered the bathroom, Dara heard a woman shriek!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter