CHAPTER 47

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lady Hye-Kyo's bedchamber was locked. Instead of wasting time asking one of the servants to open it, Jaejoong simply kicked the door open. They soon converged before the wall where Lady Hye-Kyo passed through. It looked like an ordinary wall and like every wall of the mansion was colored light blue with white paint on the sides.

 

Bom touched the wall and closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes again, she shook her head.

 

"I can't sense any magic or portal on this wall. Whatever magic was used to create a portal in this wall was long gone."

 

"Let me have a look," said Yoochun who pushed himself toward the wall. From his magic pouch, he took what looked like a large hand mirror. It was the strangest mirror Jaejoong had ever seen. Instead of the reflective surface of mirrors, all it had was a big circular clear glass with a long handle. There was also a red knob on the handle. Yoochun always had strange things inside his pouch, mostly his inventions.

 

"What is that?" inquired Junsu who was always fascinated by Yoochun's gadgets.

 

"It's a magic detector." Yoochun positioned the glass portion of the detector in front of Bom. Everyone saw Bom covered by a green glow. "See? It enables our eyes to see her magic." He turned and put the detector in front of Cloud. Just like Bom, Cloud was also glowing, but his glow had numerous colors like a rainbow. "He is definitely a magical creature," commented Yoochun.

 

Junsu also had a glow, though it was grayish in color, as for Jaejoong, his glow was between white and yellow. Only Yoochun was not glowing because he didn't have an ounce of magic in his body.

 

"Well, since I have already tested that this detector works, let's see what this wall would show us." He turned to Cloud. "Where exactly on the part of this wall did Lady Hye-Kyo disappeared into?"

 

Cloud turned himself into the shape of an arrow and pointed to the left side of the wall. Yoochun quickly positioned his detector on that part of the wall and began studying it. Jaejoong took a peak over the blacksmith's shoulder and saw nothing through the glass. Not even a glow.

 

"Maybe your gadget doesn't work on things that have no life," Jaejoong commented. He also wanted to say that they were wasting time but kept that to himself.

 

"Dead things do not produce magic. But they can be used to store magic, like the bones of our ancestors. Wait, I think I know what's wrong!" Yoochun began adjusting the knob of the detector. After the adjustments, he once again studied the wall using his mirror. A big gasp escaped from the blacksmith.

 

"Yoochun, what have you discovered?" Jaejoong couldn't keep his impatience from his voice.

 

"Look for yourself!" Yoochun gave Jaejoong the detector.

 

Jaejoong saw a faint glow emanating from the wall. But not just on the part that was used by Lady Hye-Kyo. The whole wall, the whole bedchamber was emanating a blue-colored faint glow!

 

"Are you telling me that this whole room is magical?"

 

"No, Jaejoong. These walls store magic or rather absorbs magic."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter