CHAPTER 9

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ten years ago...

 

 

 

The news about the creation of a special force that would deal with the rising problems brought by power hungry mages and dangerous experiments from mad scientists brought many applicants from all over Haldor to the City of Solaris. Jaejoong and Donghae had decided that interviews and tests for future members of the special force would be held in the City of Solaris. Interviews would also be done together by the two men, tests would be given by the regents and training would be the responsibility of the Academy of Magic, the Institute of Science and Haldor's Army.

 

It had been a long day, with many applicants failing. To be accepted into the special force, Jaejoong or Donghae must both give their approval to the applicant. The last applicant for the day was a young man of eighteen.

 

He introduced himself as Kim Junsu. A citizen of Solaris. But Cloud who was floating inside the interview room had other things to say.

 

"He is ranked third in the Fist Fight Arena where you once reigned as champion, Jaejoong. The reason why he never wins the championship in the two years he had participated was because of his compassion. He feels too much pity for his competitors that most of the time, even when the other fighter was still willing to fight, he would withdraw from the ring rather than continue the fight that could result to his opponents' further injuries. He can't punch a bleeding man," Cloud informed them.

 

Jaejoong learned true courage inside the Fist Fight Arena. The arena used to be run by its founder, So Ji-Sub. But Ji-Sub had now become much more interested in developing the best school of magic in Haldor. He was now headmaster of one of the magic schools in Solaris. Donghae had decided to tolerate the existence of the Fist Fight Arena because it was part of the ordinary people's past time. But Donghae had strictly sent word to the administrators of the game that if even one fighter loses his life, the full force of Haldor's Army would come down to the Arena and punish every administrator, manager and staff connected to the competition.

 

Jaejoong remained quiet and allowed Donghae to begin their last interview for the day.

 

"Why do you want to become part of this special force, Junsu?"

 

Junsu showed no fear or uneasiness. But there was also no pride in his stance. What Jaejoong saw was an open honesty.

 

"Because I can't stand seeing people being abused and used by the powerful. I am a fighter, Your Highness, and I can lend my strength and abilities to help keep the peace in Haldor and prevent abuses and deaths."

 

"Half of the applicants are warriors. Most of them are much better than you."

 

"I am still young. And I learn quickly. They may be better than me, but my skills would greatly improve once I go through the army's training."

 

"What kind of weapons do you use?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter