CHAPTER 46

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two more hours, and the sun would soon rise. Jaejoong knew he should get some sleep, but try as he might, he couldn't.

 

Jaejoong had never been a patient man when someone close to him was in danger. There were times when he had thrown caution and logic to the wind and simply followed his guts just to be able to save one of his comrades. Since his powers of foresight had always been unreliable, he made choices Dara would definitely brand as reckless and very stupid.

 

But though he succumbed to recklessness from time to time, he always had a plan. And that plan had always provided him a small percentage of survival or success.

 

This time, he couldn't think of any plan how to convince, force or even trick Lady Hye-Kyo into revealing where she had taken Dara. Though at first, he had doubted the Oracle's vision about the identity of the leader of the Cult of SooHyuk, Lady Hye-Kyo's action and the appearance of that windless and magical storm clouds were solid proofs that she was behind the abduction of Dara. She was also the only one who knew how important Dara was to him since he had made her very aware of that fact by his words and actions before.

 

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the arrival of Junsu and Yoochun. He was half expecting to see Cloud floating behind them, but his friend had yet to return. Cloud must be following his instructions to remain guarding Lady Hye-Kyo even while she slept.

 

It was clear from the expressions on his friends' faces that both had failed to discover anything to help them find Dara's whereabouts.

 

"No stranger who suddenly became part of the household is here. Everyone working in the mansion had worked here for years and is known to everyone even before the cult was founded," reported Junsu whose job was to get to know everyone working in the mansion.

 

"And no one was also loitering around or secretly watching the mansion from afar. Whether old or teenagers. No cult members in sight," reported Yoochun.

 

Jaejoong felt helpless. Part of him wanted to storm off to the chambers of Lady Hye-Kyo and shook her until she confessed. But such tactics would never work on the old woman. She was made of stronger stuff than most men. And for her to take on the leadership of the cult which she at first condemned, there must be a strong reason or maybe a very personal one. If one was cunning and ambitious enough, taking on the leadership of a notorious cult and making them troublesome and fearsome enough to worry the leadership of Haldor, then personally defeating it or positioning herself to destroy such cult would result to Lady Hye-Kyo's rise in political power. It would also earn her the gratitude of the people. Lady Hye-Kyo would definitely want to leave such a strong and respected legacy that would put her family into a position of power. She could in a way be able to control the choosing of the next king of Haldor.

 

With the current changes in the political and leadership structure in Haldor, the next heir of the throne wouldn't be because of any bloodline connection to Donghae, it would be because of the votes of the Council of Hald

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter